So how does this sound track system work again?

It's probably one of my favourite features. In the past you have been able to replace any/most BGM tracks with MP3s which are on the hard disk/memory stick. It was sort of annoying in the PSP games since you had to make a specific BGM folder within the MUSIC directory, and then put the MP3s in there. Since the standard Sony Firmware's MP3 player does not support access of MP3s stored in double folders, it's sort of a waste (I use CFW so it's a non-issue, though -- there are a multitude of fan-made MP3 players with many more features that allow you to play almost any format, anywhere on the memory stick).

What's great is that you can even change the song attack tracks. Say, for example, you have Ranka as your support, when you trigger the special song attack, while she would usually sing Seikan Hikou or Aimo or something, you can make her sing Smoke on the Water or Baby Got Back... depending on what you're into! ;)

On the PS3, many games including My Boyfriend is a Pilot 2012 (DYRL Hybrid pack) allows you to simply replace the tracks with those in any folder within "Music", so it should be easier. I'm not a fan of the standard BGM that Artdink reuses over and over, so I shall be replacing tons of stuff.

The other day I played an hour or so of Another Century's Episode R on my PS3 just to "get warmed up" for Mac30, and I replaced a lot of the BGM with the oldschool Tetsujin 28-gou music. It makes the whole playing experience that much more enjoyable, and even just cruising along in your favourite robot with your favourite music is just as fun as blowing up baddies. Really looking forward to putting on some smooth grooves while just roaming Planet Ouroboros... :)

Holy crossovers, Batman!! So I was bored before going to bed and I looked up the seiyuu playing the original characters in Macross 30. I found out some pretty interesting stuff, such as Aisha's seiyuu, Marina Inoue, was the voice of Yoko in Gurren Lagaan. The villain is played by Joji Nakata, who's been the voice of characters like Giroro, Alucard, Hody Jones, the Count of Monte Cristo, Kirei Kotomine, Baki, Kazuya Mishima and Diethard Reid. I mention crossovers because Leon Sakaki, the main protagonist of Macross 30 mind you, is played by Miyu Irino, who voiced none other than Saji "King Arthur" Crossroad. It gets even better, 'cause his rival, NUNS pilot Rod Baltomar is voiced by Mamoru Miyano, the voice of Setsuna "I AM GUNDAM" Seiei. Weird, ain't it?

As you can see, I don't know much about seiyuu. :D

Oh and the Hunter characters, Ganeth and Mei? Mei's seiyuu voiced Suguha/Lyfa in Sword Art Online and Ganeth's was Allelujah Haptism in Gundam 00. Three Gundam 00 alums in a Macross game. Who'd a thunk it?

Well, I did something unwise.

CD Japan charges PayPal immediately when you preorder; but charges credit cards only when the item ships.

Yeeeaaah... I shouldn't have used PayPal to preorder when the exchange rate sucked. Now it's back to 1 / 0.01. If I had ordered with a credit card and delayed the $ conversion this would have been much cheaper. Oh well, lesson learned.

Well, I did something unwise.

CD Japan charges PayPal immediately when you preorder; but charges credit cards only when the item ships.

Yeeeaaah... I shouldn't have used PayPal to preorder when the exchange rate sucked. Now it's back to 1 / 0.01. If I had ordered with a credit card and delayed the $ conversion this would have been much cheaper. Oh well, lesson learned.

Remember though that it can bite both ways and you can sometimes save a penny or two when the exchange is better when you actually order instead of when it ships.

Remember though that it can bite both ways and you can sometimes save a penny or two when the exchange is better when you actually order instead of when it ships.

Yep. Big thing to consider when the exchange rate is noticeably high or low when preordering.

Delay payment till it is in stock with CC when bad.

Pay immediately with PP when good.

Well, my AmiAmi hasn't charged or changed in any way yet. The grand total still says To Be Determined...Did I do something wrong or do they just wait until the last second to update?

Oh, and Tochiro and Renato, will you guys be doing an unboxing or any recording? It would go miles to hold over those of us who could be waiting a week or more for their copy to arrive.

Well, my AmiAmi hasn't charged or changed in any way yet. The grand total still says To Be Determined...Did I do something wrong or do they just wait until the last second to update?

Oh, and Tochiro and Renato, will you guys be doing an unboxing or any recording? It would go miles to hold over those of us who could be waiting a week or more for their copy to arrive.

To be determined because they won't know the shipping value until it's ready to ship.

Count yourself lucky on that, it saved you money if you converted from USD. They likely just aren't charging till they ship it out the door.

The final Macross 30 seminar is UP!!!

Damn it, you beat me to it! Its nice to hear a little bit more of Planet Cradle than what we've been hearing all the time and I'm still very much liking what I hear. That VF-25A spin-transforming really shows how many little touches they've put into the game for us fans. Is anyone here getting Haruka's album?

I ordered from play-asia, but haven't seem any progress yet

Okay, thanks. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't just ours. Its Wednesday morning in Japan and usually games ship the day before but I'm getting the feeling Play-Asia might wait until release day to ship (for some god forsaken reason).

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/macross-30-the-voice-that-connects-the-galaxy/trophies/

Trophies are out for the game. Looks like its mostly endurance trophies which is a great thing. It ensures I will be playing for a long time. There are also a good number of hidden trophies (presumably story trophies).

Among the most interesting ones are:

Transform 2,000 times

Fire 50,000 missiles (Its going to be tough now that we have to buy ammunition)

Have more than 1,000,000G at one time

Spend a total of 300,000G at the shop

Travel 10,000km

Shoot down 3,000 enemy aircraft

Collect all 100 sheets of slate ("Those who unlock the mysteries of the ancients". Maybe Protoculture information?)

Collect 100 different blueprints for aircraft and extra equipment

Maximize the level of more than 10 characters

Tune 10 or more aircraft 100%

These ones are important also.

Develop all valkyries and extra equipment except DLC aircraft

Develop all valkyries to Rank 3 except DLC aircraft

This means DLC. Not that any of us are surprised really.

Edited by TyrValein

There's already the DLC bonuses that people get with the limited edition, so we knew those were coming.

Considering the potential difficulty in offering entirely new aircraft through DLC, I'd expect anything beyond the limited edition stuff to just be repainted special versions of existing planes (like the Idolmaster versions of Ace Combat 6 aircraft which were just paint and stat tweaks of existing planes), but I suppose only time will tell.

There's already the DLC bonuses that people get with the limited edition, so we knew those were coming. Considering the potential difficulty in offering entirely new aircraft through DLC, I'd expect anything beyond the limited edition stuff to just be repainted special versions of existing planes (like the Idolmaster versions of Ace Combat 6 aircraft which were just paint and stat tweaks of existing planes), but I suppose only time will tell.

I'd imagine they'd add DLC pilots, races, and quests too. Despite the rage that would ensue, they couldn't go wrong with adding new aircraft. Especially since there are a few holes in the genealogy where important valkyries could fit in. The VF-4 for one.

This one intrigues me. I went over to the Macross Mecha Manual and I counted about, roughly, sixty or so potential blueprints, including the Reguld, Nousjadeul-Ger and Quedluuns. So what are the other blueprints, I wonder?

Fastpacks/superpacks for each craft, other special weapons, etc, probably.

And as for DLC, the pack-in DLC is for skins only - ie, they shouldnt effect the stats of the valk. Therefore, I daresay the trophy description may be referring to as of yet unannounced DLC. Well, it worked for Gundam VS Exrtme I suppose....

This one intrigues me. I went over to the Macross Mecha Manual and I counted about, roughly, sixty or so potential blueprints, including the Reguld, Nousjadeul-Ger and Quedluuns. So what are the other blueprints, I wonder?

I'm abut 95% sure that the blueprints are for respective ranks of each valk. That means 3 Ranks per valk. We have 30 valks (not including the differences between generic and custom ones which will probably have different blueprints) in the game so far (not including Regult, PZ Armor, and Queadlunns) and that includes additional equipment (Ghost Booster, Boost Pack, Strike Pack, Sound Booster, Tornado Pack, and all the respective versions of Super and FAST packs). So the total should be WELL over a hundred.

I'm sure you've seen it already, but I made a list of what we know is in the game so far. Curiously, I haven't seen any Armored Packs yet so I didn't add them. I guess the Tornado Pack could replace it though.

VF-0D Phoenix (Ghost Booster)

SV-51α (Boost Pack)

SV-51γ (Boost Pack)

VF-0A Phoenix (Ghost Booster)

VF-0S Phoenix (Ghost Booster)

VF-1A Valkyrie (Super Pack)

VF-1J Valkyrie (Super Pack, Strike Pack)

VF-1S Valkyrie (Super Pack, Strike Pack)

VF-11B Thunderbolt (Super Pack)

VF-11C Thunderbolt (Super Pack)

YF-19 Alpha One (FAST Pack)

YF-21 Omega One (Super Pack)

VF-19F Excalibur

VF-19A Excalibur

VF-19E Excalibur

VF-19S Excalibur

VF-19Kai Fire Valkyrie (Sound Booster)

VF-22 Sturmvogel II

VF-171EX Nightmare Plus

YF-25 Prophecy (Super Pack, Tornado Pack)

VF-25A Messiah (Super Pack, Tornado Pack)

RVF-25 Mainstay (Super Pack, Tornado Pack)

VF-25F Messiah (Super Pack, Tornado Pack)

VF-25G Messiah (Super Pack, Tornado Pack)

VF-25S Messiah (Super Pack, Tornado Pack)

VF-27β Lucifer (Super Pack)

VF-27γ Lucifer (Super Pack)

YF-29 Durandal (FAST Pack)

YF-30 Chronos

Fastpacks/superpacks for each craft, other special weapons, etc, probably.

And as for DLC, the pack-in DLC is for skins only - ie, they shouldnt effect the stats of the valk. Therefore, I daresay the trophy description may be referring to as of yet unannounced DLC. Well, it worked for Gundam VS Exrtme I suppose....

Well, I was assuming when they mention DLC that they were talking about unannounced DLC, not the DLC skins that come with the game. They have a number of valks (and characters) they could add.

Edited by TyrValein

You know they gotta be holding back Roy Fokker for DLC. The profit would be huge.

Would be a total mess on Paradoxes with Hikaru trying to keep him from dying and then dooming everyone by doing so, but nothing stops DLC profit, not even time paradoxes.

----

They better have VF-25 Armor packs ¬_¬

You know they gotta be holding back Roy Fokker for DLC. The profit would be huge.

Given the cost of hiring Kamiya to do some lines and the comparatively small number of SDFM fans compared to frontier fans, then add in approval, QA and digital publishing costs and i cant see how it would end up as anything other than a financial loss actually.

Regardless, I dont see the point in speculating further at this point. If theres any Day 1 DLC, Japanese PSN will have the relevant information posted tomorrow.