What other impressions did you guys get from this footage shown at Wonderfest?

Well, it was basically a music video for Planet Cradle made up of story scenes (still shots, animated bits, etc). No actual gameplay was shown. Of the footage that we got, a lot of it had been seen previously, but there was a fair bit of footage with CG valks launching, flying around, etc. It also appeared that the new characters got more fully animated scenes whereas the legacy characters got more still shots with effects and voice layered over them. (although the latest Superdimensional Seminar shows more animated Basara footage than we got at Wonderfest).

Next Super Dimensional Seminar is up.

Nice catch! Since Monday was a public holiday, i'd totally forgotten that this was going live today. Looks like Basara hasnt changed a bit, eh? Also, its interesting that apparently Alto and Sheryl have timeslipped together. Seeing that the game is apparently set one year after Frontier, why do they need to timelsip in order to be involved in the plot? More importantly, where exactly did they timeslip from i wonder?

Intriguing...

Always nice to see Macross 7 footage. I sure hope Gamlin and VF-17D/S is unlockable as a playable pilot and mecha. Hope Gamlin, Max & Milia are not just in the game as brainwashed bad guys :(

Would be nice if these Super Dimensional Seminars showed more actual gameplay.

Graham

Um, is it just me or are they implying that Sharon Apple has taken control of a Vajra mothership? If so, then that would be Bad. Very Bad.

The possibilites of a Sharon-Grace team-up are endless---and awesome. Ooooh---download Sharon's AI into Grace's body...

The possibilites of a Sharon-Grace team-up are endless---and awesome. Ooooh---download Sharon's AI into Grace's body...

Looks like Grace has her own hidden motives, as always.

And it's bad enough that Sharon already mind controled Max, Miria, all the secondary characters of Frontier, and even captain J. Wilder of the Quarter....

Does that mean we are going to have to fight the Macross Quarter at some point? Sweet!

Looks like Grace has her own hidden motives, as always.

And it's bad enough that Sharon already mind controled Max, Miria, all the secondary characters of Frontier, and even captain J. Wilder of the Quarter....

Does that mean we are going to have to fight the Macross Quarter at some point? Sweet!

This isn't even out yet, and it's already the best game ever!

Haven't been on the net for 3 months and totally missed this.

Okay, just one question. I know this will obviously only be released in Japan, but read it's region free, so will the layout have English text and subtitles?

Haven't been on the net for 3 months and totally missed this.

Okay, just one question. I know this will obviously only be released in Japan, but read it's region free, so will the layout have English text and subtitles?

The flight hud does. Other than that, no.

I am just hoping that it's absolutely 100% voiced. Much easier to try and figure out Japanese when you don't have to read it... slowly.

The flight hud does. Other than that, no.

I am just hoping that it's absolutely 100% voiced. Much easier to try and figure out Japanese when you don't have to read it... slowly.

The pause menu is in English too, but there's usually snippets of English in Japanese games at any rate. As for spoken Japanese being easier than written, I second this. I'm hoping that the cutscenes have subtitles or a subtitle option, but I'm going to be spending most of my time doing translations for shops, since they're in katakana and pretty much anyone can do it

Well, it was basically a music video for Planet Cradle made up of story scenes (still shots, animated bits, etc). No actual gameplay was shown. Of the footage that we got, a lot of it had been seen previously, but there was a fair bit of footage with CG valks launching, flying around, etc. It also appeared that the new characters got more fully animated scenes whereas the legacy characters got more still shots with effects and voice layered over them. (although the latest Superdimensional Seminar shows more animated Basara footage than we got at Wonderfest).

Nice catch! Since Monday was a public holiday, i'd totally forgotten that this was going live today. Looks like Basara hasnt changed a bit, eh? Also, its interesting that apparently Alto and Sheryl have timeslipped together. Seeing that the game is apparently set one year after Frontier, why do they need to timelsip in order to be involved in the plot? More importantly, where exactly did they timeslip from i wonder?

Intriguing...

I was wondering if this was perhaps tied to the end of Sayonara no Tsubasa (Alto's fate was somewhat ambiguous)..?

Argh! I got the time wrong and I missed that whole damn thing!! Curses!!

Yikes, that might have been my fault. For some reason I thought Japan was 13 hours behind EST instead of 14. It was largely irrelevant however, as I just woke up anyhow.

has anyone who ordered from amiami.com heard anything from them regarding their pre-order yet?

I haven't heard anything yet. Still waiting.

Damn that YF-30 can fire a bunch of missiles.

How was it, Tochiro? Was the missile firing part actual gameplay or cutscenes? Did they even show any gameplay?

To be honest, I just really want to see the YF-30's beam cannon now.

Just curious I saw this book on amiami sold out and was wondering if anyone know what this book is? and does it have anything to do with the game?

Katare! The Super Dimension Fortress Macross Series

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=BOK-9062&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_originaltitle%3DThe+Super+Dimension+Fortress+Macross%24pagemax%3D100%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

How was it, Tochiro? Was the missile firing part actual gameplay or cutscenes? Did they even show any gameplay?

To be honest, I just really want to see the YF-30's beam cannon now.

Well you didn't miss all that much. As is normal for these sorts of things, the show was 90% talking heads. They showed two bits of the game (played live)- a vanquish race - ie, a time attack race- and a some fighting while flying around the world map. For both sequences they used the YF-30 and the same map/area of the world. The YF-30s egg carton can be raised during fighter mode for missile spamming goodness - and of boy does it even spam! Lol!

They also showed the limited edition box and flicked through some of the printed extras that came with it. They also did a general round up of current Macross news, including the Crossover Live 30 and the reissued Chronicles.

Well you didn't miss all that much. As is normal for these sorts of things, the show was 90% talking heads. They showed two bits of the game (played live)- a vanquish race - ie, a time attack race- and a some fighting while flying around the world map. For both sequences they used the YF-30 and the same map/area of the world. The YF-30s egg carton can be raised during fighter mode for missile spamming goodness - and of boy does it even spam! Lol!

They also showed the limited edition box and flicked through some of the printed extras that came with it. They also did a general round up of current Macross news, including the Crossover Live 30 and the reissued Chronicles.

Well, any new footage is welcome. I'll be up early tomorrow so I can record it this time. I'll upload it to youtube (or at least try to) for those that haven't seen it.