so these character boards.. do they just hand them out for free at these events? Or did you have to buy / order something to get it?

That is a rather complicated question to answer, with the easy version being you need to buy something. However, it's seldom that simple.

In the case of an event/character sign board, normally the first people to spend a certain amount in the store/at the event get a participation ticket. In the case of the Macross 30 event, the first 50 people to spend 3000yen or more got one. This basically means the first 50ppl in line when the doors open (and at these things there are usually more people then there are tickets, hence some ppl camp out).

A signing event is then held 1 or 2 weeks later, meaning you have to go back to the store/event again. Ticket holders are given a pre-printed art board which the artist/guest in question names and signs for them (names are compulsory - one way of preventing the boards having an after-market value or popping up on auctions). There's a strict policy on no other items getting signed and photographs are usually prohibited.

Now, in the case of books, things are a little different. Normally when an artist or designer (ie, Kawamori released a new book a few weeks ago) releases a book they schedule a signing event at one bookstore (or a couple in some cases). If you are in the first 50~100 people to purchase the book at that store you will get a participation ticket. Bring this back on the day of the signing event WITH the book you purchased to have it signed by the guest. Again, there's a strict policy on no other items getting signed and photographs are usually prohibited.

Sorry for the long explanation. Hope it answered your question.

Edited by Tochiro

Just checked todays Famitsu - no news on Macross 30 (due to them focusing on the review of Bandais Battle Robot Damashii which comes out next week).

Having said that, I did manage to get a look at the limited edition packaging first-hand yesterday - will post impressions on the front page soon.

Edited by Tochiro

Saddest part about the RPG aspect of the game is that I won't be able to understand it from the get go. I am sure we'll be blessed with any and all translations and guides provided by our MW family.

That would actually make it a rounded out perfect first Macross game I've owned since the NES Macross game lol....I'm hoping by this time next month that game will be in my hands!

That is a rather complicated question to answer, with the easy version being you need to buy something. However, it's seldom that simple.

In the case of an event/character sign board, normally the first people to spend a certain amount in the store/at the event get a participation ticket. In the case of the Macross 30 event, the first 50 people to spend 3000yen or more got one. This basically means the first 50ppl in line when the doors open (and at these things there are usually more people then there are tickets, hence some ppl camp out).

A signing event is then held 1 or 2 weeks later, meaning you have to go back to the store/event again. Ticket holders are given a pre-printed art board which the artist/guest in question names and signs for them (names are compulsory - one way of preventing the boards having an after-market value or popping up on auctions). There's a strict policy on no other items getting signed and photographs are usually prohibited.

Now, in the case of books, things are a little different. Normally when an artist or designer (ie, Kawamori released a new book a few weeks ago) releases a book they schedule a signing event at one bookstore (or a couple in some cases). If you are in the first 50~100 people to purchase the book at that store you will get a participation ticket. Bring this back on the day of the signing event WITH the book you purchased to have it signed by the guest. Again, there's a strict policy on no other items getting signed and photographs are usually prohibited.

Sorry for the long explanation. Hope it answered your question.

Thanks for the explanation, that was very insightful :) It sounds par for the course on most special autograph sessions in Japan.

OK, let's see here...

Um, is it just me or are they implying that Sharon Apple has taken control of a Vajra mothership? If so, then that would be Bad. Very Bad.

Now remember Isamu, she's not real and she did try to murder you several times.

GlaDos too but in the end she... oh right... nevermind. -_-

GlaDos too but in the end she... oh right... nevermind. -_-

Annnnnd.... Now I seriously want to hear a Sharon Apple/GlaDos crossover album.

I don't know which would be creepier... Hearing Sharon sing "Still Alive," or GlaDos singing "Borderline" and "Wanna Be An Angel." :ph34r:

Edited by Chronocidal

Annnnnd.... Now I seriously want to hear a Sharon Apple/GlaDos crossover album.

I don't know which would be creepier... Hearing Sharon sing "Still Alive," or GlaDos singing "Borderline" and "Wanna Be An Angel." :ph34r:

I think GlaDos singing "Information High" would be fun. I would find that fun.

Looks like the Famitsu website has a couple of new screenshots they'r releasing for their articles on these new Seminar videos.

Sharon and Basara? This could either be really awesome or really bad...

While looking at the articles, I see that Bamco plans on streaming something Macross 30 related on the 13th?

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201302/08028508.html

Is it a full hour of Macross 30 stuff? Or are they just going to give tidbits during an interview or something?

It's a 1 hr special on the game. I'd expect interviews with some staff and maybe a little bit of new footage.

Hmm. Here's to hoping for something more than a rehash of old footage. I see something about a valkyrie race or something in Google's machine translation, are they going to show one?

So we don't know what this is? I'm a bit hesitant to get it not knowing what it is, but if its a strategy guide...

Edited by TyrValein

Looks like the Famitsu website has a couple of new screenshots they'r releasing for their articles on these new Seminar videos.

l_5114b8f39c153.jpg

Sharon and Basara? This could either be really awesome or really bad...

If it's anything like their meeting in SRW Alpha 3, then it'll be freakin' awesome.

In the new story trailer (if you can call it that) that debuted today. An explosion that was very obviously bird-human in shape. Very...intriguing....

I guess I'm just slow this morning. I haven't seen it anywhere, and I usually check my google alerts first thing in the morning. Was it a tv commercial? And if it wasn't, would you happen to have a link?

EDIT: Guess it really is a slow morning...didn't notice Tochiro had said it was shown at Wonderfest...

Edited by TyrValein

Mari Iijima on Facebook

While I'm here talking about some Macross related things, I'll introduce this
to you too. 一石二鳥 (Isseki Nichou) - To kill 2 birds with 1 stone -
Although I never kill any birds. ;)
My line comes around the 1:50
point in this PV. All my new dialogues were recorded the day before my
Tokyo concert last Summer. They filmed some special interviews of the
creators & actors for the limited edition. I'm there too.
Edited by Gerli

Mari Iijima on Facebook

Oh, no, that was the original trailer back in december. We know all about that one. Since Tochiro says it debuted today and it clearly has some content we haven't seen before, I'm assuming its brand new.

EDIT: Guess we'll have to wait until someone uploads it or it hits the internet officially...How long was the trailer, Tochiro? Do you remember anything else from it? I hope this doesn't mean Leon is going to disappear like most of the protagonists...

Edited by TyrValein