Ahh ok, thanks! Shame that we can't get the amazon special offer... though what intrigues me is the box art- which one is the right- the amazon one or the one on cdjapan? I kinda like both... hope whatever it is we get the art seen on the other one as well! Same too for the YF-19 pic on the cdjapan one and the unknown one for amazon.

What is the amazon special offer? I only see their generic preorder price guarantee.

Also is this going to be any good? I haven't seen any hands on previews and from everything I seem to recall the last two PS3 endeavors were pretty bad...

Edited by Lupin The Third

These are the sole exceptions out of thousands of PS3 games, both of which had English versions due within weeks of the Japanese versions and therefore wanted to prevent importing. Neither were for games with no foreign release (like Macross 30) or by Bandai Namco (like Macross 30). There is no way in hell that Macross 30will be region locked.

But hey, if you dont want to trust the guy who actually works in the Japanese videogame industry, then wait until it comes out and see what others are saying.

Well, to be fair, the bonus Video UMD that came with the special edition of Ultimate Frontier _was_ locked, much to my chagrin, although the game itself wasn't. But I suppose that is playing by other format rules. Haven't encountered any issues on the recent BluRay/Hybrid Disc releases on a R3 PS3 though.

Well, to be fair, the bonus Video UMD that came with the special edition of Ultimate Frontier _was_ locked, much to my chagrin, although the game itself wasn't. But I suppose that is playing by other format rules. Haven't encountered any issues on the recent BluRay/Hybrid Disc releases on a R3 PS3 though.

UMD video regions were different between the US and Japan, though, even though the games themselves had no region coding.

UMD video regions were different between the US and Japan, though, even though the games themselves had no region coding.

Exactly. Movie UMDs were always locked so anyone who imported that version knew what they were getting. And movies were locked due to invested interests of large movie companies and had nothing to do with Bandai Namco. Similarly, the games were always region free.

It's the same with the PS3. PS3 ames are region free but DVDs/blurays (and PS2 games in launch models) are region locked (although many publishers choose not to lock their blurays regardless).

Actually someone did ask Mari about it on her FB page and this was her reply:

Ahhhh thats me. Yes. Ahaha. BandaiNamco' date=' yes. My special interview footage is included too.[/quote']

Given the propensity to attach seiyuu to certain characters (they get Ikeda back all the time to voice Char Aznable) and from what we can hear in the trailer, it sounds like they got as many seiyuu back as they could.

What I'm curious about are songs. Will we only get some new stuff like Haruka Chigusa's new song or are we going to get songs from across the franchise, like Ai Obote Imasuka, Tenshi no Enogu, Information High, Planet Dance, Seikan Hikou, Diamond Crevasse, all that good stuff?

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

Actually someone did ask Mari about it on her FB page and this was her reply:

Given the propensity to attach seiyuu to certain characters (they get Ikeda back all the time to voice Char Aznable) and from what we can hear in the trailer, it sounds like they got as many seiyuu back as they could.

What I'm curious about are songs. Will we only get some new stuff like Haruka Chigusa's new song or are we going to get songs from across the franchise, like Ai Obote Imasuka, Tenshi no Enogu, Information High, Planet Dance, Seikan Hikou, Diamond Crevasse, all that good stuff?

That's a good question. Maybe there will be some sort of in-game music selector like in the PSP games, only we can switch the BGM at any time since the game isn't based on missions anymore. I'm sure we'll get all those iconic songs. I doubt they'd not put Diamond Crevasse in after that music contest.

Oh, and you can actually hear Sayonara no Tsubasa playing in the background while Leon fights the Quarter in the Lego trailer.

Any word yet on voice actresses?

Most of the voice cast is returning, and this was confirmed months ago. In fact, the very first piece of news about this game, announced at Bandai-Namco's event in the Tokyo Game show (before we even learned what platform it would be on!), was that most of the cast would be back. Only Hikaru has a different voice actor.

That's a good question. Maybe there will be some sort of in-game music selector like in the PSP games, only we can switch the BGM at any time since the game isn't based on missions anymore. I'm sure we'll get all those iconic songs. I doubt they'd not put Diamond Crevasse in after that music contest.

Oh, and you can actually hear Sayonara no Tsubasa playing in the background while Leon fights the Quarter in the Lego trailer.

The music selector function was present in the previous PS3 games on the Hybrid Disc releases of DYRL and Sayonara, so it's sort of a no-brainer. I would be very surprised if they don't allow you to put your own MP3s as BGM. I've always enjoyed putting on the rarer Fire Bomber tracks that you didn't hear much in the show.

Ugh...I always seem to be 3 to 4 months behind on these games. I really ought to keep up on this stuff. I just finished reading all 569 posts in this thread. While the LE is tempting, I just put my pre-order in for the regular edition over at AmiAmi. I cannot wait for the game!

Edited by Oihan

Yes, it will play.

However, it is true that Sony takes away features as they update. You can't use Linux in the newer ones. And you can't play PS2 games anymore, either.

You can always Jailbreak it. (At least the old models)

Well, its a good thing that no-one can order from Amazon Japan anyway, since they seem to have sold out of initial preorders for the Limited Edition (although they nearly always have more once the product is released, just without the preorder discount).

http://www.amazon.co...58222065&sr=8-2

Its also cracked the top 100 games on Amazon, sitting at no. 65.

Edited by Tochiro

Its also cracked the top 100 games on Amazon, sitting at no. 65.

It's good to hear that its so popular on Amazon, since that's where I usually get my games myself. Famitsu did a poll for the top 30 games their readers wanted the most and Macross 30 ended up just at number 30. That's...a weird coincidence. I'm honestly surprised it ended up there at all, considering the other things on that list. And it was obviously made before the Pokemon X/Y announcement...which I'm afraid would have pushed Macross right off that list. Ah well, popularity isn't everything.

Any word on if a Queadluun-Rau or Queadluun-Rhea suit will be playable? Or heck, even Klan Klang with a modified VF superpack. She K.K. was playable on the recent Playstation Vita Macross game if memory serves me right. (Undignifiedly doing repeated butt slams on gameplay vids ¬_¬ )

Hope they give us some Meltran love this game - (love in this case being 'Do you remember beating the hell out of a Valk in a battle rage')

Any word on if a Queadluun-Rau or Queadluun-Rhea suit will be playable? Or heck, even Klan Klang with a modified VF superpack. She K.K. was playable on the recent Playstation Vita Macross game if memory serves me right. (Undignifiedly doing repeated butt slams on gameplay vids ¬_¬ )

Hope they give us some Meltran love this game - (love in this case being 'Do you remember beating the hell out of a Valk in a battle rage')

You mean the PSP games? Yeah, she was in it. Not news on whether or not Super Pack Klan will be in Macross 30, but the Queadlunn units are in the valkyrie development screen, so we can assume they're in.

post-17865-0-08449500-1358348985_thumb.jpeg

Its actually just behind the menu, but you can make it out.

Oh boy... As it seems that I will be getting a PS3 sometime in the future, my interest for this game suddenly peaked, though it would appear that the limited box set is practically sold out everywhere. Is there any chance of AmiAmi getting additional stock later on?

I wonder if there will be valks available for DLC? I hope so.

I'm of the opposite opinion on this one. I like having a full game on disc the first time I buy it. Unfortunately the times have changed and micropayments and dlc have become the norm because they know they can make more money off us that way. :(

More Valks would be sweet though...

Edited by xrentonx

Oh boy... As it seems that I will be getting a PS3 sometime in the future, my interest for this game suddenly peaked, though it would appear that the limited box set is practically sold out everywhere. Is there any chance of AmiAmi getting additional stock later on?

I know that CD Japan still has some in stock, or at least it appears that way.

As for DLC, I'm beginning to wonder if Valks like the VF-4 and VF-17 might be DLC...

Also, do PS3s have Cloud storage or slots that you could plug USB thumb drives into?

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

I know that CD Japan still has some in stock, or at least it appears that way.

As for DLC, I'm beginning to wonder if Valks like the VF-4 and VF-17 might be DLC...

Also, do PS3s have Cloud storage or slots that you could plug USB thumb drives into?

They do have USB ports that you can save stuff on. Cloud storage exists as well but you gotta shell out for PSN to access it...

I'm of the opposite opinion on this one. I like having a full game on disc the first time I buy it. Unfortunately the times have changed and micropayments and dlc have become the norm because they know they can make more money off us that way. :(/>

Yea I agree with you, I wish the game had all the valks from the PSP frontier games from the start, but so far it looks like its just the main characters and a few others. But again I do hate DLC but it seems its the norm now for video games, maybe if people stop buying DLC they will stop it, oh well I can wish.

When did Amiami close their preorders? I think I checked a couple of days ago and it was still open. I'm glad I got my preorder in when it was first announced.

Hello Oyan.

Thank you for ordering with AmiAmi !!

We have confirmed your order under order number #########.

At the moment, your pre-order for

PS3 [w/First Release Bonus] Macross 30 -Ginga wo Tsunagu Utagoe- [Regular Edition]

is in queue, and we have yet to find out if we can secure your order.

It usually takes about one week before we know its availability, as we might have to contact several distributors.

Please be patient, and wait for our next mail. We will contact you as soon as possible.

In the unfortunate case that the item is all reserved at our distributors, we won't be able to offer you the item.

Please excuse us when this occurs.

Has anyone else gotten an e-mail like this from AmiAmi? Would it be wise to place another order somewhere else just in case? :ph34r:

I'm of the opposite opinion on this one. I like having a full game on disc the first time I buy it. Unfortunately the times have changed and micropayments and dlc have become the norm because they know they can make more money off us that way. :(

100% Agree with you

mona-dlc.jpeg

i got that a few times. then a few days or a week later, another note saying they have secured stock for my order.

Thank you for the reassurance! I just got another e-mail from them informing me that they've secured my order.

Not quite off topic considering the massive amounts of crossovers in this game....

Here is the Frontier / Firebomber crossover that is not out yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5PSUFrEknA

Friggin cute that they are somewhat perplexed by a VHS tape XD

And yet more Ranka/Sheryl singing with Basara (Fan video, Official Audio)

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/VX2vzRgQVr4/

Edited by Kaldar5

Not quite off topic considering the massive amounts of crossovers in this game....

Here is the Frontier / Firebomber crossover that is not out yet...]

What do you mean by not out yet? Forum members who have seen it discussed it here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=37269&view=findpost&p=1000699

We also discussed our impressions of it on the latest episode of Macross SpeakerPODcast (from the 31 min mark of Part 2)

http://www.macrossworld.com/4157/macross-speakerpodcast-ep-7-bag-of-orgus/

Edited by Tochiro