Where do you guys plan to get it? Was hoping amazon.co.jp but they don't ship international for this one =(

Shame as I have an account with them and a preorder for their Macross Pls Blu Ray special...

My first stop is usually CDJAPAN. http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BLJS-10182 <- I have already pre-ordered ^_^

My first stop is usually CDJAPAN. http://www.cdjapan.c...?KEY=BLJS-10182 <- I have already pre-ordered ^_^

Ahh ok, thanks! Shame that we can't get the amazon special offer... though what intrigues me is the box art- which one is the right- the amazon one or the one on cdjapan? I kinda like both... hope whatever it is we get the art seen on the other one as well! Same too for the YF-19 pic on the cdjapan one and the unknown one for amazon.

No news in the print version of Famitsu today (given the lack of news to report on due to the end of year break, I wasn't really expecting any) but the game does get a brief mention due to a survey/contest that has some valk models and Macross BDs as prizes. One of the questions on the survey piqued my interest: 'What sort of Macross games would you like to see in the future?'

Is BandaiNamco fishing for ideas for the next Macross game AFTER Mactoss 30? Perhaps.

I might be slow on the update, but I was rewatching the trailer, and can't help but notice in the scene with the battle against the quarter, it was firing a volley of Reactive Missles at the plane.. Overkill much? haahahaha

Well, remember all the resistance that Shron put up against Isamu when he was trying to get to Myung? With Sharon having indirect control over Captain Wilder via brain washing, I'm not surprised at massive amounts of ordinance being thrown at whatever approaches the Quarter.

Well, remember all the resistance that Shron put up against Isamu when he was trying to get to Myung? With Sharon having indirect control over Captain Wilder via brain washing, I'm not surprised at massive amounts of ordinance being thrown at whatever approaches the Quarter.

I suppose you have a point, though using nuclear weapons... it's like killing a mosquito with a gun :lol:

Just a minor note - this was Tenjin-san's personal opinion. It does not reflect any sort of official stance or policy. Having said that...

Agreed. He had minimal involvement in the PSP games which werent original/adding anything new to the Macross universe anyway. With M30 having an original valk and an original story, I daresay he is a little more picky over what makes it in and what doesnt.

As noted earlier on in this thread, PS3 games are 99.99% region free. No mod-chips or conversions required. So all you need is one of those cheap slim PS3s and the game and you are good to go.

I only had an Xbox 360 too, but I got a PS3 recently, for Macross 30 obviously, among other things. There's nothing wrong with the super slim PS3 as far as I can tell. I like it. Lastly, PS3 isn't region locked. You won't need to do anything to play Macross 30 on your new PS3. I've also been playing Gundam EXVS on mine, which is a Japanese only game, with no problem.

Isn't he personally overseeing the story as well?

Hehe...thanks for the encouragement guys. I think I will have to pass up on this-as sweet as it sounds. I want those toy valkyries too badly though!

Is this a serious question? When is the last time you heard of a PS3 not playing a game just because it's an older model?

Yes, it will play.

However, it is true that Sony takes away features as they update. You can't use Linux in the newer ones. And you can't play PS2 games anymore, either.

Yes, it will play.

However, it is true that Sony takes away features as they update. You can't use Linux in the newer ones. And you can't play PS2 games anymore, either.

But he's talking about an older model, leading me to believe that he for some reason thinks the launch models somehow can't play import games.

But he's talking about an older model, leading me to believe that he for some reason thinks the launch models somehow can't play import games.

Maybe he just thinks that regardless of being imported or not, older models don't play newer games, like how only some Gameboy Color games worked on the original GB but not all.

Anyway, I repeat -- YES IT WILL WORK ON ALL PS3s. Unless they region code it, which is rare, but if you are in the US it is the same region as Japan, so still no issue.

They could region-lock it if they wanted to. Persona 4 Arena will only work in the actual region it's released, the software of the system locks you out otherwise. The same goes for the MGRising demo, you can only access it if your PS3 is from Japan.

These are the sole exceptions out of thousands of PS3 games, both of which had English versions due within weeks of the Japanese versions and therefore wanted to prevent importing. Neither were for games with no foreign release (like Macross 30) or by Bandai Namco (like Macross 30). There is no way in hell that Macross 30will be region locked.

But hey, if you dont want to trust the guy who actually works in the Japanese videogame industry, then wait until it comes out and see what others are saying.