Dang really wanted to preorder that LE. Think Jbox will get it eventually? Not sure if amiami will take cancellations just incase I'm lucky enough to snag a LE somehow down the road.

Nope. AmiAmi wont take cancellations if I remeber right that was how it was with the Limited DYRL Blu-ray. I just ordered at Playasia anyway for the limited set, I can always cancell it if AmiAmi ever relist it or if some place else gets a better price, personally I hate Playasia but this go round it seems I may have to bite the bullet.

Famitsu article translation

http://red-shoulders.blogspot.com/2012/10/macross-30-famitsu-preview-translation.html

Edited by Sorata

Do we know if the story for this is canon?

I called the story back when they announced it at TGS - its Super Robot Wars style -ie, think of the story as glorified fan-fiction. Its very very unlikely that anything that happens in the story will have any lasting impact on the Maross storyline (much as FB7 had minimal impact). At most, maybe expect some sort of new mecha.

A similar thing happened in Another Century's Episode R, from memory (Shin talking with frontier characters. Surprised that the events of Zero are known and that he was presumed dead, etc). Been a while tho so i might replay it....

Is that a blue VF-0 on the box?

Do we know who's doing Minmay's voice, if not Mari Iijima?

Is that a YF-29 silhouette I spy?

-Yup, VF-0D for the win! Again though, the same piece of (obviously unfinished) art is being shown for the box and the game cover. This never happens - one of them has to be a placeholder. In fact, at this stage, I'd say most of that image is placeholder.

-No-one announced yet although the interviews/talk footage will feature 16 voice actors/actresses. Given how well Tomo Sakurai covers Minmay songs, i wonder if she could pull the voice off as well....

The Super galaxy box Edition is already sold out.

People sure seem to have short memories around here - dont panic because this is the exact thing that happened to the DYRL box and it came back up on preorder afterwards. Why? Because Amazon Japan will not ship games overseas. As a result, a lot of their preorder traffic is spilling over into other, less prepared sites. The LE should be available at the usual places or elsewhere later on once the initial rush has subsided and preorder allotments are worked out.

Why does the disc shown in the LE picture look like a Hybrid disc? I thought this was a standalone PS3 game?

Again, disc art is quite possible placeholder at this stage. Moreover, what do you mean? It states the name of the game clearly on the disc and nothing else. In what way does it 'look like a Hybrid disc'?

For anyone interested, Macross 30 got a brief mention in this weeks 'X-button' column over at Anime News Network.

http://www.animenews...tton/2012-11-15

Also - a slightly larger pic from the official website:

http://b.bngi-channel.jp/macross30/limited/

Edited by Tochiro

http://i.imgur.com/MK0WF.jpg

The top is a Hybrid blu-ray anime/PS3 game disc. The bottom is a PS3 game. If Macross 30 is a PS3 game, why does it look like a Hybrid disc?

Well the picture is promotional it may not be final but its probably cause of this:

-16 Macross Seiyuu interviews (appx. 90min) & CG movie "Burning Fire" "Get in on-Flying Rock" recorded. (Recorded also on regular edition)

So it may indeed be a Hybrid Disc so you dont have to go into the game to view that content.

Was it already reported that the first pressing will include a product code to download an exclusive YF-29 with special markings?

http://i.imgur.com/MK0WF.jpg

The top is a Hybrid blu-ray anime/PS3 game disc. The bottom is a PS3 game. If Macross 30 is a PS3 game, why does it look like a Hybrid disc? It's not a big deal or anything, I'm just curious.

Maybe you can watch the CG stuff and interviews on a regular BD player? If so, I would guess it's not labelled a Hybrid Disc because prior to now the games have been extras to the main features on the Hybrid packs, while this is the opposite.

A similar thing happened in Another Century's Episode R, from memory (Shin talking with frontier characters. Surprised that the events of Zero are known and that he was presumed dead, etc). Been a while tho so i might replay it....

Ugh. Still haven't completed that game. It's so clunky and boring.

Edited by Renato

Well shoot, I'll have to get that PS3 after all. Maybe there'll be some good black friday deals. :p

Don't know if I can justify the LE price, but I'm interested to see what the final box art looks like, and it'd go nicely next to my DYRL set. ^_^

But yeah, don't rush to pre-order it just yet. The DYRL sets went back on sale later on, so I don't imagine this'll be really any different.

"Saotome Alto. Pilot in the SMS Skull Squadron. On the planet Ouroboros, he strives to protect Sheryl Nome from the Vajra that appeared in the vicinity of the archipelago."

I'm probably missing something here but this doesn't make sense to me for the Vajra to be after Sheryl or did they just forget to mention Ranka?

Nothing came of it. It's reminiscent of both the Schneegans and some of the designs of the VFs in MtR... but nothing really matches.

Maybe it's the actual production VF-24?

That would be cool :), but somehow I am unfortunately expecting it to be a VF-30 :( . Purely a marketing ploy, no doubt.

Why design a new VF when you can re-name an existing design by simply adding Canards... :rolleyes: