Is there a 1/5000 TV Style Macross Model?

EXO

I have both of those 1/5000 kits. I totally lucked out, nabbing a still-sealed cruiser on eBay for $16! (and that karma came back to me on my last batch of eBay sales...)

That's why I was interested in the idea of you (EXO) doing the TV ARMDs in this scale. The detail on the cruiser is astonishingly better than the attacker, though. It's got me thinking of casting & converting the two together into something nice. Got a few other projects demanding my attention first.

The Yellow Submarine kit is 1/4000 scale.

I remember the 1/4000 Yellow Sub kit. There was a guy who was called Apollo Leader (Alpha 1?) that sent his built kit to me to display at MWCon... that was like 10 years ago. The model didn't survive the trip that well. If I had time I would have fixed it to display properly. But I remember that that was a nicely detailed kit and he had painted it really well.

There definitiely needs to be another 1/5000 kit (or bigger) of this. I was disappointed at Bandai not re-releasing this along with their other re-releases. At least we got the factory again though! My 1/5000 hasn't faired the last two moves too well. - MT

Revell also got the license to distribute the TV SDF (in both forms) under the ROBOTECH name back in the mid to late 80's in the US. You can pick up both versions for about $40.ooUS on ebay from time-to-time if you don't want to pay the vintage/original price. They had a black box with red striping/lettering.

In the Super Plastic Model Manual, Part One, they took the Storm Attacker and put the cruiser bridge, and arms on it as well as modifying the main gun, and used the cruisers secondary guns to add a lot of detail that the stock Storm Attacker was lacking. Proportions are different between the kits as well.

There definitiely needs to be another 1/5000 kit (or bigger) of this. I was disappointed at Bandai not re-releasing this along with their other re-releases. At least we got the factory again though! My 1/5000 hasn't faired the last two moves too well. - MT

I think I'm gonna go for it. I got the ARMS done, I think I'm itching to model the rest.