Cuztomizing an Imai 1/12 Mospeada

Hikaru84

Hi guys.

I am customizing an Imai Mospeada in bike form. I want to make it look as similar as possible to the motorbikes seen on the T.V series even if I need

to eliminate the chance of making it a transformable model kit. I will also modify the pilot to make it fit properly in a cool riding pose on the bike changing

the huge boots of the 1/12th scale Imai pilot for the boots of the Imai 1/15th armor Cyclone kit.

The engine sector of the 1/12 kit is very different from what we see on the Mospeada line arts so I will try to build a full engine for my model.

I also reconstructed the front part of the bike and the engine Intake and added handles form another motorbike kit of the same scale.

Well pictures speak better so here they go, this is what I have so far including the blueprints I drew to apply these changes to the kit,

hope you like it:

blueprintsimai.jpg

cyclone02.jpg

cyclone04.jpg

cyclone01.jpg

Bests;

Rod

Hi, thanks guys.

Here are yesterday's advances:

I made the suspension with bronze tubing so it is quite firm.

I had to re size the air intake behind the front wheel. Even though in the original line arts seems to be as wide as I had done it the size of it forced the weapons at the end of the

suspension to be too far apart from the center of the wheel's thickens and looked like most of the toys and model kits. So I arranged that by making the intake smaller, the exact same

solution applied by Beagle thus making each suspension closer to each other and the missile launchers can be closer to the wheel looking more like the classic drawings of the TV series.

I also had to paint the interior details I added plus the bike handles I took from a 1/12 Honda bike model kit before pasting them.

Here it is:

cyclone05.jpg

cyclone06.jpg

Bests:

Rod

Edited by Hikaru84

Thanks for the support!

1/6 scale, that would be huge! But would be awesome.

I am thinking in building a Cyclone from scratch, the Imai mospeada is to thick and the "fuel tank" part curves do not look as some of the Mospeada line art I have studied so

I have started new blueprints for building a Cyclone bike that looks like this classical line art I have re-drawn and painted:

cyclonetype21robotech.jpg

My goal is to build a Mospeada that looks just like that one above.

I've been drawing and studying Mospeadas from the original series line art and making caps from the DVDs to try to get the feel of the bike.

The Imai kit is not a good starting point but I can use some parts to save some work and time.

I will finish the conversion of the Imai Kit first

I'll post more as soon as I have advances :)

bests:

Rod

Edited by Hikaru84

• 1 month later...