Hugh Jackman tweeted like this on August 28th.

https://twitter.com/...8671873/photo/1

And many Japaneses tweeted he was eating curry rice in the hut on Mt.Fuji then.

He was in Shiba Zoujouji Temple on August 29th.

646351245.jpg?key=24483264&Expires=13467

Saying for the cars for shooting the X-men Movie.

And He was in Akihabara and shooting something with many staffs yesterday.

http://togetter.com/li/364072

Apparently this one.

wolverine.jpg

Edited by azrael

It's Wolverine, is this topic meant to be cryptic because I figured everyone knew by now it was in production and being shot in Japan. Not trying to be a dick just curious. They started filming about a month ago in Austalia. My question is will the claws look better this time, because last time they looked like plastic. Also will the story be done right or should I expect Silver Samurai to end up like not-Deadpool from the last movie.

Yep it's for Wolverine. I met someone recently who tried out for a role in the movie here in Tokyo. (^_-)

They have location filming openly. I have watched Lost in Translation, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, and Black Rain before, but the shootings of them did not become a hot topic then, I remember.

So sorry, but this kind of movies don't be a hit in Japan. For instance, when Tiger & Bunny was announced, Japanese Anime fans said "SUPERHEROES??? Sunrise's masturbation. loool" We never grow up with the DC and Marvel things. I remember the box office of the Dick Tracy movie was so miserable here.

But if the shooting became a news, even no curious things for Japaneses, this movie could be a hit.

Edited by antibiotictab

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Wasn't that filmed almost completely on sets in the USA?

I remember hearing about the filming of "Memoirs of a Geisha" in Fushimi-Inari Taisha in the Japan Times. [Which is a lot more than can be said about the this new Hugh Jackman movie.]

Question: did the filming of "The Last Samurai" make the news?

Also will the story be done right or should I expect Silver Samurai to end up like not-Deadpool from the last movie.

Silver Samurai is being played by Will Yun Lee and he should have a good role, being the main villain and all....

Wasn't that filmed almost completely on sets in the USA?

I remember hearing about the filming of "Memoirs of a Geisha" in Fushimi-Inari Taisha in the Japan Times. [Which is a lot more than can be said about the this new Hugh Jackman movie.]

Question: did the filming of "The Last Samurai" make the news?

Really? Did Keiko Kitagawa also go to US to appear in the movie? Well, the Shibuya Scramble Crossing scene is SFX or something like that, I thought then. That kind of car chase never be able to do in the middle of Tokyo.

But Initial D the movie was shot in Japan, I know.

Ah, Sayuri. I didn't watch the movie because the "Mai (舞)" in the movie is much different from that of traditional Geishas' and I lost my motive to watch it when I heard that.

Fushimi Inari. So many red Toriis...Just like a tunnel. When I lived in Aichi Pref. my family members sometimes went there. So nostalgic.

Well, the residents in Kanto area don't care about Kansai, so sorry.

The Last Samurai's memory of mine is not its shooting but the actors; Tom Cruise, Ken Watanabe and Koyuki. Especially I wanted to hear about Watanabe-san. If his health got better or not. He was suffering from one deadly disease, leukemia for a long time.

Hopefully this film will have a better story and script. The origin film was a complete mess. I see that Frank Miller and Chris Claremont have writting credits for the film, so I'm caustiously optimistic.

Well, the residents in Kanto area don't care about Kansai, so sorry.

I care about Kansai! :( Lived there for six years. :ph34r:B))

Yeah, Fushimi-inari is cool, and is a great locale to use for movie imagery.

So when did they release Wolverine II? 'Cause that poster is for Wolverine III.

They're sort of on Wolverine V or VI now. :p

"The Wolverine production has now moved to the [frick]uyama Station in Hiroshima."

What's so bad about writing Fukuyama?? Must have been real fun using the auto-censor during the Fukushima disaster.

Or if someone likes the Fukuoka Hawks baseball team.

Or someone has the name of Fukuii.

OK. I'll stop now.

:D

So when did they release Wolverine II? 'Cause that poster is for Wolverine III.

Well, if they went with two claws, they'd have to introduce X-23 somehow in this film.

And it's way, way, WAY too early to start that.

He enjoyed Kyoto on Sep 8th.

1000 golden Buddhas, hm. It seems to be Sanjusangen-Do.

https://twitter.com/...1477120/photo/1

Shakkei? May be Tenryu-Ji Temple.

https://twitter.com/...0755072/photo/1

I care about Kansai! :( Lived there for six years. :ph34r:B))

I never hate Kansai, but am indifferent to the news of Kansai like the other Tokyo residents.

Kyoto and Kobe are good, but Osaka is...Hmmmmmmmm.

Edited by antibiotictab

I never hate Kansai, but am indifferent to the news of Kansai like the other Tokyo residents.

Kyoto and Kobe are good, but Osaka is...Hmmmmmmmm.

Kuidaore!

(Funny, you're reaction to Osaka is the same as mine about Tokyo. The only good thing there is Odaiba.)

(Funny, you're reaction to Osaka is the same as mine about Tokyo. The only good thing there is Odaiba.)

How about Hiroo? A beautiful park, many foreigners, and a shopping center for them. And most importantly,

even non-weeaboo foreigners can enjoy their life. Many foreign embassies gather Hiroo near-by. I like to

go there. I can see the foreign way of life, for example, how they scold their children or something

like that. So interesting.

Surfing is not popular in Kansai. Can't listen to the American Forces Network Radio in Kansai. Above

all, if I were living in Kansai, I might not use English like this. Even though Japanese can live

without English things, there are some opportunities to use it in Kanto area. Except the cities have

foreign embassies and the U.S. military facilities like Yokosuka, Misawa, Sasebo and Iwakuni, learning

and using English is just within the region of interest for Japanese.

Osaka is a huge city, but a lack of the interests for me, sorry.

Edited by antibiotictab

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The movie has a name now: The Wolverine if a mod can adjust the thread title por favor :)

From superherohype:

When X-Men Origins: Wolverine hit theaters, many fans didn't care for it and part of that reason would be how it didn't match up with the timeline of the other films. People pointed out this problem even more with the prequel X-Men: First Class. With the upcoming film The Wolverine being about Logan's time in Japan, coupled with the 'after credits sequence' of Logan in Japan from the previous film, we've all assumed that this next entry will be a follow-up that leads into Bryan Singer's X-Men. We were wrong. If you don't want to know anything else, don't read further due to potential spoilers.

In an interview with Empire, director James Mangold said that this film is not a prequel at all. "Where this film sits in the universe of the films is after them all," revealed Mangold. "Jean Grey is gone, most of the X-Men are disbanded or gone, so there’s a tremendous sense of isolation for him."

Now, there will be prequel elements in the film as we already know some scenes will take place in World War II, but after that it will presumably jump to the present day.

"That’s something that for me was very important, that I land in a very specific place in his timeline," says Mangold. "I wanted to be able to tell the story without the burden of handing it off to a film that already exists and having to conform to it. The ideas of immortality reign very heavily in this story and the burden of immortality weighs heavily on Logan. For me that’s such an interesting part of Logan’s character that is nearly impossible to explore if you have a kind of league or team movie."

And before you start to think of this movie as an action adventure, Mangold gave his two cents on its categorization: "Japanese noir picture with tentpole action in it."

Opening in theaters on July 26, 2013, The Wolverine stars Hugh Jackman, Will Yun Lee, Svetlana Khodchenkova, Hiroyuki Sanada, Hal Yamanouchi, Tao Okamoto, Rila Fukushima and Brian Tee.

post-2668-0-01224200-1351195616_thumb.jpg