Macross 7: Fleet of the Strongest Women Dub

Hikuro

Finally here it is after 3 years of being in production due to issues with voice cast and mixing.

http://youtu.be/fKbCgqSs2gw

It's certainly not perfect, but it isn't jaring either. I had a numerous amount of issues with the film and the voice cast. Many times did I have to recast certain people cause they would just sit on it. Hell, I did all the extras and even a female voice by doing a pitch correction modulation in the audio to make it passable.

This is a one shot deal, I totally don't intend to do another one anytime soon. But I hope this'll keep you guys hungry until the HD DYRL film is complete.

Didn't watch the whole thing yet, Hik, but I'm glad to see it finally saw the light of day! So far I'd say I'm pretty entertained, but I did notice that there seemed to be some discrepancy in the audio levels between certain characters. Like, in the scene where Max and Millia were talking to Chlore over the communicator, Chlore was so quiet I couldn't quite hear her, whereas M&M seemed like they were at a consistent level. Granted, Chlore could be coming it at a different level, given the nature of the scene, but I felt like I could have stood have her level boosted, so that I could hear everything easily without messing with my volume.

Of course, I know that this was a struggle to even get finished, so, I'd rather you spend the quality time working with DYRL than this, so...

Wow three years huh? I can see that happening as I worked and currently trying to complete a couple videos myself. They're not really what you would call a fandub though (Currently trying to finish my second Macross 7 video).

The part that always seems to slow things down to a crawl is getting in the lines from people and the more people you have for a project the longer you're going to have to wait... That's the downside to getting voice variety.

Congrats on pulling through especially on a fandub. Man that sounds tough. I'll be sure to check this out when I'm fully awake.

Edited by SkyYuyo

Wow three years huh? I can see that happening as I worked and currently trying to complete a couple videos myself. They're not really what you would call a fandub though (Currently trying to finish my second Macross 7 video).

The part that always seems to slow things down to a crawl is getting in the lines from people and the more people you have for a project the longer you're going to have to wait... That's the downside to getting voice variety.

Congrats on pulling through especially on a fandub. Man that sounds tough. I'll be sure to check this out when I'm fully awake.

Sometimes I can get recordings extremely fast. I think the fastest time I've ever completed a fandub was a week. This thing was just filled with problems.

You know what's actually funny about this...

I can tolerate Basara a lot better in Japanese, because reading someone talking like a jerk and hearing it seem to have entirely separate effects on my mind. He comes off as loud and obnoxious, but his translation makes him sound like a complete mental deficient. :lol: