1/3000 Prometheus and Daedalus custom

EXO

Looks like you're off to a good start. Can't wait to see more.

More at the bottom.

wha? no 1/60?

uhm... standard answer. If this one sells well. lol.

Daedelus not far behind?.....Macross the First SDF-1 by end of year? : )

Of course. Maybe. Hopefully...

Make it swappable with 1/3000 ARMDs!!

Of course!

gallery_151_311_10128.jpggallery_151_311_28848.jpg

That'd be a huge bed... I'd say you can use it for a massive banquet table...

Ooooh, I see what you are doing there...

Excitement level............ VERY HIGH!

Thanks! I sent out the model for pricing... hpefully it doesn't break the bank! more rendered pics.

gallery_151_311_17816.jpggallery_151_311_40588.jpg

lol Can't tell if my joke went over your heads or not. 28 feet sounds like a deal to me :p but I think I'd have to turn it into my bed if I am discovered with this and didn't ask for permission.

It all depends on how eager you wanted the model to be in your house. I'd seen a few people have 1/72 Nimitz Class Air Craft Carrier with all its fighter wings, crews and deck vehicles.

Do you plan to 3D print it as a single part?

I think it is possible to 3D print it in two separate parts like lower hull (in red) and upper hull (in gray) and then snap-fit it!

post-3814-0-19300000-1346879292_thumb.jpg

P.S.: Hmmmm, some alignment issues due to production tolerances may occur while snap-fitting...

Edited by charger69

Do you plan to 3D print it as a single part?

I think it is possible to 3D print it in two separate parts like lower hull (in red) and upper hull (in gray) and then snap-fit it!

post-3814-0-19300000-1346879292_thumb.jp

I have bad news for you! It'll be snap fit in three parts! Actually it'll be 5 parts for recasting purposes but it's just as easy.

gallery_151_311_398342.jpg

I'm hoping that my recaster will agree to color cast it in 3 colors. Red for the hull, Gray for the Maintenance Deck and a choice of Blue or Gray for the Flight Deck. Will find out soon.

I wish it was. It's Solidworks but I'm switching... don't much like this one. I'll be finishing up the Deadalus and other macross ships on this first.

Other Macross Ships? LIke other capitol ships? Will my dreams of a Northampton or Uraga finally come true?

Thanks Mommar and Zinjo. I would love to do a complete run of 1/3000 scale capital ships. I've even gone thru the list to see which were doable. Right now I have the Deadalus (currenltly in design phase) TV ARMDs and the Oberth Class Destroyers... Man I love those Oberths. After that I'm gonna take a break from ships and get back into making some figures. The Asuka II and the Uraga are also favorites of mine. I've even looked to see which Zentradi shuttles would look good next to these.

You should be able to reuse the hull piece for the Daedalus, yes? Seems like that'd be an easier ship to design - unless it's going to open up like Mechtech's behemoth!

Echoing ahiachris, it'd be cool if you could at least scale the ARMD's down to 1/5000. I have a IMAI SDF-1 cruiser that I was thinking of doing that to.

I'm actually starting to get my feet wet in 3d printing (1/5000 ships), so I could come up with my own - but I bet yours'd be prettier... ^_^

Edited by Kelsain

Then we need 1/3000 Arcadia and Yamato too :p

Haha... That would be awesome!

Is it possible to release them in 1/5000? I'd like to have different ships to park along side my Zentradi ships sculpt by Captain.

It would be effortless as far rescaling it, I'm just wondering if enough people would want it in that scale. I'd have to redo the back piece to make it more line art accurate because I had to adjust it to fit the toy's arm. Also some parts are already thin as it is and other parts have fine detail. I'd have to get it printed in the more expensive material. Let me see what the recaster's input is once the prototype gets to me in 2 weeks.

You should be able to reuse the hull piece for the Daedalus, yes? Seems like that'd be an easier ship to design - unless it's going to open up like Mechtech's behemoth!

Echoing ahiachris, it'd be cool if you could at least scale the ARMD's down to 1/5000. I have a IMAI SDF-1 cruiser that I was thinking of doing that to.

I'm actually starting to get my feet wet in 3d printing (1/5000 ships), so I could come up with my own - but I bet yours'd be prettier... ^_^

I wish the bottom part was reusable. but they're different enough to where I have to start over. The Prometheus is asymmetric so it affects the hull. I thought if I do the Prometheus first then the Daedalus (I always misspell that because my fingers just automatically wants to spell 'dead'.) then the Daedalus would be easy but I didn't realise it had it's own issues. I actually went thru mechtech's thread before I got stared. That helped out a lot. Good luck with your venture in 3D printing and thanks for the compliment.

Looking great Alex! Can't wait to fit this and Daedalus to my Macross... :D

When the parts come in we can have another lunch to see how things turn out.

When the parts come in we can have another lunch to see how things turn out.

For sure man, I owe you lunch anyway. Glad to hear you arent planning to re purpose the lower hull from Prometheus on the Daedalus, they actually are quite different. REALLY looking forward to these!

Edited by Hikaru2

Hey Gabe... aside from the DYRL surviving the Zentradi attack? lol.

Here's some pics from Mr. March's site. I just thought it would be fun to have different ships dock on the SDF1

Thanks! I didn't realize there are so many differences between the two versions.

I'm definitely in.

Then we need 1/3000 Arcadia and Yamato too :p

That's awesome! I really wish I had seen those two shows when I was a kid.

There's definitely a lot of difference to the ARMDs. Redesigned as much as the Macross themselves. I wonder what the DYRL version of the Daedalus would have looked like. From the video game it looks like the Prometheus was pretty much the same. It's amazing though how much more detailed the lineart for the Daedalus is compared to the Prometheus. I'm almost afraid that the 2 ships won't match.

daedaluscapture0011347253948.jpg