1/3000 Prometheus and Daedalus custom

EXO

• 2 weeks later...

I actually just ordered some parts I had to redo. I was messing with the first ones and realized the arm hits the bottom of the deck when you rotate it. Just got them from Shapeways. I think I might have to reorder the whole lower deck again... aaargh! Money awasting!

Sorry to hear that =(

Is there anything that can be done to give it enough clearance? Perhaps a small extension piece long enough to allow deck clearance for just attaching it to the SDF-1 or would that look too long then? If that would work, then you wouldn't need to redesign and reorder the lower deck piece again.

I thought about a piece that extended and then recessed again. But that would mean I would have to order WSF pieces from shapeways for each one. I ended up getting an extended piece. But I still need to re-order the lower deck to make it aesthetically pleasing. Or else it look like a photoshop whre I took one end and extended it. lol. The design looks good. I just need some funds to come in. I just got the final pieces for my saddle bags and side covers. As soon as I clear that project I'll have the crew guys sets that'll hopefully fund this one... lol. There really is no money in these things. This project funds the next and so on.

I thought about a piece that extended and then recessed again. But that would mean I would have to order WSF pieces from shapeways for each one. I ended up getting an extended piece. But I still need to re-order the lower deck to make it aesthetically pleasing. Or else it look like a photoshop whre I took one end and extended it. lol. The design looks good. I just need some funds to come in. I just got the final pieces for my saddle bags and side covers. As soon as I clear that project I'll have the crew guys sets that'll hopefully fund this one... lol. There really is no money in these things. This project funds the next and so on.

Keep up the execellent work! It is artist like you that makes our dreams come true!!!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Registered just to comment on your solidworks model - wow! I've been learning it for a month or so now, and couldn't even approach that. I don't even know how to get those shape handles like that!

If you are anywhere near Seattle I'll trade 3D prints for solidworks advice.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I still have plans on releasing them casted on color. Depends on my recaster.

V.2 figures are definitely coming out also. It's good that we waited because they'll be better now that I've learned how to model clothing better.

I probably will offer painting services.

If you guys want to be on a mailing list for these things, send me a PM or visit my FB page. https://www.facebook.com/PlasticCretins and give it a like for updates.

I'm hoping to keep it a $100 each ship, depending on how much to print and recaster's fee.

Oh y

I still have plans on releasing them casted on color. Depends on my recaster.

V.2 figures are definitely coming out also. It's good that we waited because they'll be better now that I've learned how to model clothing better.

I probably will offer painting services.

If you guys want to be on a mailing list for these things, send me a PM or visit my FB page. https://www.facebook.com/PlasticCretins and give it a like for updates.

I'm hoping to keep it a $100 each ship, depending on how much to print and recaster's fee.

Very cool, I didn't know you had a fb page for your custom wares!

I guess I'll start a mailing list for everyone sending me messages about updates and release date. You can PM me your email address so I can keep tabs of who's interested. If you want put down scales that you prefer so I can categorize for future emails also. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I know... sad that the connection wouldn't work. It would have been fun to switch those ships up...

FYI, I'm still making a 1/3000 SDF-1 but I think designing it to be fully transformable will take up some time. Could take a year before completion.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, I'm still making a 1/3000 SDF-1 but I think designing it to be fully transformable will take up some time. Could take a year before completion.

Well, with the disappointing Hasegawa version, and John's retirement announcement:

post-12411-0-68170000-1442631841_thumb.jpg

edited to put in the link.

Edited by Jefuemon