I'm still waiting for Plasma Snake, and Vapor Snake. I mean.. we've covered solid and liquid, time to finish the science references. ^_^

Or, you know, we could always name one Trouser Snake.

Actually Fumbles still reserves the codename Trousersnake for when he's working for Cobra.

WHOIAAAAAA

Naked Snake or Old Snake???

Big Boss.

However Konami stated this is specifically a demo of the Fox Engine. And Hideo apparently said Ground Zeroes, this shown clip, is a prologue to MGS-5.

So that sounds like MGS2, where the Tanker section with Solid Snake was a prologue occuring years before the game's actual core plot.

Big Boss.

However Konami stated this is specifically a demo of the Fox Engine. And Hideo apparently said Ground Zeroes, this shown clip, is a prologue to MGS-5.

So that sounds like MGS2, where the Tanker section with Solid Snake was a prologue occuring years before the game's actual core plot.

Or that technical trailer before the MGS4, where Snake make a Sam Fisher cosplay.

Yeah there are characters from PW directly referenced so it's cool that the story will be continuing since PW was a darn good little game (and also on the ps3 now for those without PSPs).

Personally I loved the fact that during the actual gameplay they were reusing some of the lines from Campbell and Snake in MGS 1.

Either way, at least this is looking and feeling like MGS, unlike Metal Gear Bayonetta...

Thankfully.

Yeah there are characters from PW directly referenced so it's cool that the story will be continuing since PW was a darn good little game (and also on the ps3 now for those without PSPs).

Personally I loved the fact that during the actual gameplay they were reusing some of the lines from Campbell and Snake in MGS 1.

Either way, at least this is looking and feeling like MGS, unlike Metal Gear Bayonetta...

Its clear you guys don't like change

Can't see how many more stories they can keep throwing at us. I wouldn't mind a remake of the original MSX Metal Gear.

I liked some of the references to the old games, including the Mac-10 from the original Metal Gear.

Given the placement of this game, they're getting awefully close to the original Metal gear's timeframe.

Wth is with the XOF? And why is Big Boss back in FOX? From the monologue it sounds like he is still in MSF. I know somewhere along the way he will go back to being the head of FOXHOUND, but I don't get the chronology.

Boy in camp is Chico. Seems like Amanda is dead.....

Very impressive. The lighting/rendering is very good. Although, the rain effect gives the characters a sort of "plasticy" look to them, for lack of a better word...

8:30 - LOL, Snake looks a little like he oughta be in a GEICO commercial. "...so easy, a cavema..." Oh, never mind.

Wth is with the XOF? And why is Big Boss back in FOX? From the monologue it sounds like he is still in MSF. I know somewhere along the way he will go back to being the head of FOXHOUND, but I don't get the chronology.

Boy in camp is Chico. Seems like Amanda is dead.....

No, that's not Chico, he's being kept wherever Paz is.

No, that's not Chico, he's being kept wherever Paz is.

And that prison camp is where Paz is. The US/CIA has them as shown by the flag in the prison camp. The conversation between the 2 people talking about Paz and Chico were Snake and Miller (I presume) after the tape was played. It wasn't Hot Coldman/Volgin or whoever was on the jeeps. The mission starts when Coldman flies off in the helis and Snake comes to the rescue.

So who was burn-face guy and why was his entire combat force made up of helicopter pilots? And how did big boss manage to steal Sam fishers headgear all the way back in 1974?

I'm still far more excited about murdering everything with a sword and having chainsaw equipped crying wolf as a pet.

So who was burn-face guy and why was his entire combat force made up of helicopter pilots? And how did big boss manage to steal Sam fishers headgear all the way back in 1974?

I'm still far more excited about murdering everything with a sword and having chainsaw equipped crying wolf as a pet.

Well it looks like it's set well after 1974. Given Big Bosses age progression and seeing Blackhawks in the footage, I'd bank on early 1980s.

Definitely early 80's. According to wiki, the Walkman first went on sale in 1979 :D . (Yea I'm aware that said device appears in Peace Walker too) It seems to be a natural progression to Big Boss' story.

Snake Eater: 60's

Portable Ops/Peace Walker: 70's

Zero's: 80's

In 1980, Big Boss would have been 45 years old.

Well by the tape recorder given to the boy and Big Boss's older look it's obviously the 80's.

He's got that Belgium rifle that was made I think in 1979, for the colonies in Africa.

It's not said that it's in Cuba. Could very well be in Africa, especially as the dogs used, dunno the names, but read they're African breeds.

And one of the images twitted by Kojima was a new badge titled Diamond Dogs, obviously diamonds are the miniral symbol of Africa.

As well Naomi was found in Rhodesia, so very likely this title could be the chapter involving her and Gray in Africa?

Other big rumour floating about is that the boy in the cage is either Solid or Liquid cause of the song played.

As for the guy with the burnt face, I dunno.