No, it's not his game, it's not his market, it's not his audience. I could say halo gear is impractical too, but I don't make halo, play it, or have anything to do with it. You wont see me call an industry filled with "man babies". There's a million designers out there with a million opinions, he aint special.

Edited by Negotiator

No, it's not his game, it's not his market, it's not his audience. I could say halo gear is impractical too, but I don't make halo, play it, or have anything to do with it. You wont see me call an industry filled with "man babies". There's a million designers out there with a million opinions, he aint special.

When you're talking about Major triple A titles that are expected to sell millions of copies, I think it's a little presumptuous to say that there isn't a significant amount of crossover in audience between halo and MGS. Further, saying you don't like something because it's impractical is NOT the same as saying, "I'm offended by the way a character is being depicted because it's blatantly perpetuating sexism and the objectification of women," which is really the issue at hand. Now, does the material he himself work on have it's own laundry list of problematic issues, and could he have chosen a more tactful way of presenting his critique of the situation? Sure; but that in no way invalidates the core point of his argument. Even if he has presented his criticism in a less than ideal manner you are doing a significant disservice to both yourself and society as a whole by resorting to ad hominem attacks to deflect and downplay the valid social issue being raised in a critique simply because it's being raised against a piece of media that you like. As a conscious consumer of media you have an obligation to recognize and acknowledge the problematic elements present in the things you enjoy; engage in constructive discussion regarding those elements; and acknowledge other, even less favorable, interpretations of the media you like. There's nothing wrong with enjoying something even though it's problematic in it's portrayal of a pertinent social issue, but refusing to acknowledge and address those issues does nothing but passively perpetuate those issues through inaction which drags down society as a whole.

:tl;dr:

Even if you think someone is wrong, blowing them off and refusing the critically evaluate their position is the worst possible thing you can do as a contributing member of society.

Edited by anime52k8

anime52k,

I wasn't clear in what I said earlier. I know that there will be many different types of gamers playing mgs. I did take a jab at design too. I'm not even talking about objectifying women. I'm saying that he is part of development for games and it is unwise to make negative comments amongst the very industry he works in especially regarding a game giant like Kojima. You never know what you'll be asked to do next or who you may end up working with.

I work in the entertainment industry, everyone talks crap about everyone, but we sure are not dumb enough to tweet it because there are egos, big egos that can pathetically, unfortunately blist you.

• 2 months later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

i just saw that it will be 19.99 for download and 29, for disc for ps3 360

and 29.99 download for the ps4/ x one

i hope it's not as short as playing snake in mgs2 (tanker ship mission.)

more on ground zeros kojima saying it's going to have fewer cut scenes and feel like a tv series:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/15/5106858/metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes-ps4-tv-storytelling-hideo-kojima-interview

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 3 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

konami xbox one trailer

marking soldiers using the scope is ripped from farcry 3

raiden will be exclusive 360 and xone DLC content

first making a huge teaser then just to annouce the cheap psone solid snake skin for ps4 launch day and now this... i think i'm starting to get disappointed with these dumb DLC's. the whole ground zero's is a DLC... putting out exclusives for what is pretty much a prologue is real bad taste imo.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yeah...down with console exclusives :(

Got no interest in xbone. It'll eventuality be released for all consoles but I like my bits and bytes on a disc! The less dlc the better.

• 2 months later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

konami released a comparison video of the differences between the ps3/360 vs. the ps4 and x1 versions (ps4 will run 1080p natively 60fps, while x one will be 720p 60fps, the ps3/360 will be 720p 30fps)

http://trailers-ak.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/1/t_metalgearsolidv_consolecomparison_10kbps.mp4

the comparison also shows the frame-rate for all systems running simultaneously.

it's the ps4 ver for me hands down

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

konami decided to price cut the retail disc versions of the ps4 and xone to 29.99... i guess paying 39.99 for a demo is too much.

i think it should be 19.99 for all platforms.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/25/5445626/metal-gear-solid-5-ground-zeroes-price-cut-ps4-xbox-one-phantom-pain-dlc

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I know this is a stretch but if someone can deliver it would a great resource. I am new, completely new to the MG series and want to start playing. I have no idea how the story line goes from past to present because it jumps so much and is confusing for a first timer to try to figure out. Could someone give a past to present time line with description of events the game it corresponds to and the character so I could follow along and enjoy when I start playing? If possible what I'm looking for is past to present in the story line with cooresponding games, not past to present in games with corresponding story line. I hope that makes since because the games jump around.

If you are looking to get into the series but want to play some of the older titles to get a feel for the games mechanics and storytelling, I recommend picking up the recently released HD collection. It includes MGS 3 and Peace Walker which are the prequels to Ground Zeroes/ Phantom Pain (you only really need to play MGS3 though) and is fantastic value for what you get.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I know this is a stretch but if someone can deliver it would a great resource. I am new, completely new to the MG series and want to start playing. I have no idea how the story line goes from past to present because it jumps so much and is confusing for a first timer to try to figure out. Could someone give a past to present time line with description of events the game it corresponds to and the character so I could follow along and enjoy when I start playing? If possible what I'm looking for is past to present in the story line with cooresponding games, not past to present in games with corresponding story line. I hope that makes since because the games jump around.

i would start with metal gear solid 1 for psone. i found that to be the best stand alone to play first being new and to grasp everything else plus it's only about a 6 hour game.... so it's a very quick play. from there you can then play the HD collection as dizman recommended and play 2 then 3, and you should be caught up on everything.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

HD collection comes with a code to download MGS 1.

you're talking about the legacy collection. the HD collection ps3/360 only comes with MGS 2,3 and peace walker

Metal Gear Retrospective SIx parts. Each one is about 20 minutes a piece. Then Watch MGS4 the movie

ITS FIVE HOURS

you're talking about the legacy collection. the HD collection ps3/360 only comes with MGS 2,3 and peace walker

It was a bonus for PS3 players. Not sure if was a PO bonus or just buy it and you get it type thing.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

there are two PS3 collections a older one with 2,3 and peace walker and a newer one that came out in the fall

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_The_Legacy_Collection

and yea the two PS1 titles have a code on a slip in the case or the back of the manual or something. All this reminds me that I bought it and have barely even touched it. Amazing value when it was released 2 NES games 2 PS1 games the HD remasters of 2,3,peace walker and 4, with all sorts of other bonus goodies.

Guest davidwhangchoi

It was a bonus for PS3 players. Not sure if was a PO bonus or just buy it and you get it type thing.

yeah, that was for japan. i have the U.S. release 2 copies.

anyways, regardless if there's a code or not, i recommended sreichma start out w/ mgs 1

instead of 2 or 3 or it'll be boring and wouldn't make sense.

3 imo is the pinnacle and the greatest of the series but i had some people play it first, get bored and never got too far bc their was too much dialogue in the beginning and thus skipped all the cutscenes. Then they just stopped playing altogether thinking it's not a good game.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up Ground Zeroes on X1 early...Can't say how...Alright whatever, mom and pop game stores get stuff in early all the time, I've been going to one here in Vegas for over a decade, I also got to pick up South Park Stick of Truth early. I'm biased towards the Metal Gear series, I think it's one of the greatest gaming series ever created, so naturally I'm loving GZ, the price tag got dropped for all versions a month back or so I believe so that may make your choice on picking it up easier, I'd certainly recommend it.