What are your favorite VFs/YFs/VBs/RVFs?

nick20050

Really, different weapons packs count as different valks? Flawed poll, results don't count.

The fine print says "Macross F" and "Macross F ~the False Songstress~", so it might be better to think of it as movie version vs. TV version...

The VF-1 is a given, since I wouldn't be a Macross fan if I didn't like it's design.

As for other VF's, in no particular order:

1. VF-0S - I like that it looks like an updated design of the iconic VF-1S, although chronologically, it's the other way around.

2. YF-21 - Very unique and sleek design, plus I like it the Zentran elements mixed into its design.

3. YF-19 - Another unique design and iconic design.

4. VF-2SS - Looks like a very natural evolution of the original VF-1 design.

5. VF-1D (original and Virgin Road versions) - Some of the most memorable scenes features this Valk, and remains one of my all-time favorites.

VF-1D: First Valkyrie I've ever seen and still love it. Orange and Brown is so '70s ^_^

VF-11B: More subdued than the extreme YF19 and YF21 but it has a grace of it's own.

VF-2SS: There is something about the wave rider look that grabs me.

VF-1, hands down. The first-ever convincing transformable mech of the "real-robot" genre. Just mind-blowingly ground breaking for the era it was created, and still beautiful today. Everything in its design suits a functional purpose; there are no extraneous bits added on just because they look cool, or to make for a novel transformation. Purity of design.

• 2 weeks later...

1st Place.- YF-19/VF-19A: Forward swept wings and the outward canted canards take this sleek design totally out of the box. I'll always see it as the purest and most genuine dogfighting machine ever, only dominated by the best of the best. So great that even Kawamori himself feared it could steal the crowds in Macross Frontier. The ultimate true hero fighter. Currently thinking on building one Hasegawa 1/72 with the Aerospace Super Packs from the VF-19F/S and a GU-17 gun pod adapted.

2nd Place.- YF-21/VF-22S: So well thought and so weird that it would be totally unacceptable to have it as a mass-production fighter. Definitely designed for SpecOps. Just another genuine example of a hero fighter.

3rd Place.- VF-1S Strike Pack: Hands down on this legend. No need to explain.

The rest of the places, mostly by look and sexiness:

4th.- VF-11B/VF-11C/VF-11MAXL Thunderbolt

5th.- VF-19ACTIVE Nothung

6th.- VF-9 Cutlass

7th.- YF-30 Chronos

8th.- YF-29 Durandal

9th.- VF-27 Lucifer

10th.- VF-25 Messiah (all the variants with all the packs available. RVF-25 included)

11th.- VF-1 Valkyrie (The rest of the variants with all the packs available. VE-1 ELINT and VT-1 Super-O included)

12th.- VF-4 Lightning III

13th.- VF-0 Phoenix (All the variants with all the packs available)

14th.- VF-171/VF-171EX Nightmare Plus (All the variants with all the packs available)

15th.- VF-14/VA-14 Vampire/Hunter

16th.- VF-17 Nightmare (All the variants with all the packs available)

17th.- VF-5000 Star Mirage (All the variants with all the packs available)

The official results are out and the fans have spoken! Hope everyone voted!

http://www.macrossworld.com/4271/macross-vf-poll-results/

Huh, considering how much disappointment I've been hearing with the YF-29 over in the Toys section, I thought it'd be much much lower. However, I'm satisfied with these results. The YF-29 is my favorite valk after all. I know, its blasphemy. I wonder how flame retardant EX-Gear is...

Edited by TyrValein

Damn, never even voted :(

Kind of a weird list. YF-29 that high on the list seems very strange.

Remember how I keep saying how much of a hit Frontier was with the kids here! And how many female fans it has? I think the 29 ranked that high because of what it symbolizes - a resolution to the triangle.

Two of 'em, yeah.

Oh there were many many more than that. I used a good 70% of my votes on the VF-1S.

Remember how I keep saying how much of a hit Frontier was with the kids here! And how many female fans it has? I think the 29 ranked that high because of what it symbolizes - a resolution to the triangle.

I suppose I can understand that. I guess I'm surprised because poll results like this pull me out of "hardcore Macross fan" and show me the scope of what the broader Macross fanbase likes. I think a poll of mostly the Macross mecha fans would be much more familiar to me :)

Edited by Mr March

• 2 months later...

Hmmm I'd say my favorite's not necessarily in this order:

VF-1S Fokker & Hikaru with and without Strike Armor - DYRL

VF-2SS SAP Special - Macross II Lovers Again

YF-19 - Macross Plus

VF-0S - Macross Zero

VF-25S Ozma Lee All - Macross Frontier

VA-1SS Metal Siren - Macross II Lovers Again

VF-19S Excalibur - Macross 7

I think that's it lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Top 10

1) VF-22S - Can't have enough of it, in any modes. Best fighter silhouette imo.

2) YF-21 - Pappy of the VF-22.

3) VF-0A - Shin's ride.

4) VF-2SS - Love for Mac2

5) YF-19 - Isamu's ride.

6) YF-29

7) VF-171 CF

8) VF-4G

9) YF-30

10) VF-11B

Yeah...I don't really fancy the VF-1 or the VF-25, former looks like a squished tomcat, the latter an elongated one. This is probably because when I first watched SDFM I was too young to understand what's going on, while it was Plus that pulled me into the world of Macross at a later stage.

Edited by raptormesh

My faves in order:

1. SDFM VF-1S Skull 001. The Macross icon. Love her design, history, character and mystique.

2. Focker's DYRL VF-1S Strike. They turned the icon into a flying tank.

3. Isamu's YF-19. A bird so far out on the cutting edge that it killed 2 test pilots and even pushed Isamu himself to his very limits. That says a lot as Isamu had no limits...

4. Ozma's armored VF-25S with Reflex weaponry. The Death Star of Valkyries. Nuff said.

5. VF-2SS SAP Special. Sleek, elegant and killy all in one. A natural evolution of the VF-1.

Edited by Deadeye_281

My favorites are as follows..

VF-1J - Classic design,versitle and well rounded for all the dirty jobs.

VF-4 - Awesome craft,just wish we saw it in action.

VF-11B - Like a little powerhouse on its own,smooth design and can take it to the best.

SV-51 - Love the rough exterior design,Its a pure combat machine all over.

VF-27 - Quick as hell,Badass design and with the weaponry to back it up.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1. VF-1, doesn't matter which model, the heads and color/stripe schemes are insignificant to me.

2. YF-21/VF-22, it's fighter mode is unbelievable

3. VB-6, who doesn't like huge machines that can fly AND transform?

That's all for me...

I wanna talk about just how awesome the VF-3000. Because it's awesome and people need to be reminded of that. The VF-3000 takes the VF-1 and makes it fresh, exciting and badass. It's as if the VF-1 decided it was tired of being a 90lb weakling and spent 6 months living in a gym subsisting on a diet of nothing but raw eggs and human growth hormones. If both planes where sandwiches, the VF-3000 would be a west coast reuben on marbled rye, and the VF-1 would be a baloney sandwich on wonder-bread.

The VF-3000 is what the VF-0 desperately wants to be but fails to achieve.