What are your favorite VFs/YFs/VBs/RVFs?

nick20050

I take it all back; having seen the redrawn and new line art (in Fan Works if you haven't, though not all posted until I can scan and clean them later today) the VF-14M 7 PLUS wins forever and ever amen. Only its descendent FZ-109A and less direct parent VF-4 come close. As to paint schemes, you can have it in any color you like as long as you like black.

Edited by dialNforNinja

Hmmm, for me that'd be

YF-19/VF-19 (just about any variant is awesome from the right angle)

VF-1S w/Super Pack (still remember the moment when they first showed that off)

VF-11B (C if it's with the Armored pack)

VF-22 just for the weirdness factor in the design

VF-0 for being rendered so beautifully

VB-6 because it's so gosh darn crazy. :D

• 2 weeks later...

1. VF-1A: toss up between Max or cannon fodder.

2. VF-11B: Isamu's with FAST packs & bayonet.

3. VF-1J: as it's the mount for three of my favourite characters.

The VF-1S (TV) is also a favourite, but I think it has enough love...

Greg

For me the VF-25F took my breath away in fighter mode. Battroid rocks too. Yamato ought to make a MP variant.

Next is the VF-1J for it's head design (as someone already said above). I also like All the VF-1s Gerwalk modes even over the VF-25.

Does Klan Klang in armor count?

Klan Klang in armor completely counts.

VF-1 in all forms can't beat original second VF-4 cause it's a sweet looking ride also helps it in SDFM and FB 2012 and last but not least in any respect YF-19.

Klan Klang hmmmm interesting idea you have there only problem where does the pilot sit??!

VF-1 in all forms can't beat original second VF-4 cause it's a sweet looking ride also helps it in SDFM and FB 2012 and last but not least in any respect YF-19.

Klan Klang hmmmm interesting idea you have there only problem where does the pilot sit??!

IN THE VAGINA......wait...what?

• 3 months later...

It is easier for me to list the ones I don't like:

VF-17 = sometimes jumping on the bandwagon over a stealth jet design doesn't actually work out... (yet the VF-171 works, go figure...)

VF-19K kai = only because of the face

VA-1SS - Metal Siren =box ugly (cool idea but ugly)

VF-9 Battroid = some after thoughts should remain a mystery

VF-4 Battroid = some after thoughts should remain a mystery

VA-3

VF-11MAXL = Mylene Custom

The rest, including the extended universe valks I like a lot...

Edited by Zinjo

1. VF-17D, because in the right hands (Gamlin) it can out-fly even more advanced aircraft. Plus, it has the beam can of death in its leg.

2. YF-19, for the forward-swept wing design and innovative systems like the wrap-around visibility in the cockpit.

3. VF-171, too bad only Diamond Leader can unleash its potential. I would have loved to see him with EX upgrades. Ranked below the 17 due to the more feminine, derivative design that seems considerably more fragile.

Aside from the classic VF-1?

1. VF-9. Of course it looks sleek as heck in fighter mode, but especially its GERWALK. I, unlike most others, like the battroid, too.

2. SDP-1. Because I like the idea of a heavy hitter version of a VF-1, and I like the direction SK was going in with it.

3. VF-171. This one surprised me because I don't care that much for the VF-17, but the VF-171 makes the it look like a rough draft.

Least favorite: any VF with a g&dd@mn face, and/or the series of sucked-in gut/out-thrust pelvis of VFs from Frontier (VF-25, VF-27, VF-29).

VF's only? That's too bad as I've always been a fan of the YF-21 and 19; strange as it sounds, I didn't like their formal VF versions as much. Favorite VF's would then be the 1 and the Zero; the other designs outside of the original Macross and Zero never caught on with me for some reason...

VF's only? That's too bad as I've always been a fan of the YF-21 and 19; strange as it sounds, I didn't like their formal VF versions as much. Favorite VF's would then be the 1 and the Zero; the other designs outside of the original Macross and Zero never caught on with me for some reason...

Good point, but I think that YFs should count, too.

I take it all back; having seen the redrawn and new line art (in Fan Works if you haven't, though not all posted until I can scan and clean them later today) the VF-14M 7 PLUS wins forever and ever amen. Only its descendent FZ-109A and less direct parent VF-4 come close. As to paint schemes, you can have it in any color you like as long as you like black.

I love your avatar!

1) VF-17D. My all time favorite VF.

2) VF-19S/F (can't choose between them). So sleek and sexy. I always imagine myself flying through the clear blue sky in one of these.

3) Hikaru's VF-1S Strike Valk from DYRL, the Valk that made me fall in love with Macross.

Honourable runners up:

4) VF-11B/C

5) Alto's VF-25F

6) VF-171 CF

7) VF-0S

Graham

1.) VF-22 (Diamond Force variant preferred). Because I'm not counting YFs.

2.) VF-17D, because the VF-17S has a stupid face. So much better than the scrawnier VF-171.

3.) VF-1. Especially VF-1S (Focker's TV version). The VF-1's a classic, and Roy's paint is how it looked best.

4.) VF-9. A much better take on forward-swept wings than the VF-19.

5.) VB-6. You had me at "Monster that turns into a shuttle".

6.) VF-4. Because it's just different.

7.) VF-11. It was really easy to see it as an evolutionarily between the VF-1 and the VF-19.

8.) VF-3000. What's not to love about a bigger, stompier take on the VF-1?

9.) VF-171. The best VF in Frontier wasn't the star...

10.) SV-51. I dig the backstory and the flapping wings.

11.) VF-19. I think it kind of looks ridiculous, with is goose neck, fat butt, and stumpy wings. Smoothing it out helped on the F and S, but then they had to go and make the wings even stumpier.

12). VF-27. Looks good as a plane. As a Battroid, less so.

13). VF-5000. It's the VF-1, but with the VF-19's aesthetic. A tad boring.

14). VF-25. As a plane, somehow manages to look more old fashioned than anything else post-11. Tack on a complicated transformation and a scrawny Battroid and you've just got boring.

15). VF-0. It's like a VF-1 that got hit with an ugly stick.

16). VA-3. Looks too much like an A-6 as a plane to take seriously when everyone else is flying cooler planes. As a Battroid, looks hilariously like one of those old-timey diving suits you stick in a fish tank. I guess that does make the VA-3M variant sort of interesting...

17). VF-14. If Kawamori would have stuck with the rough look that was closer to the FZ-109, it'd have been much higher on the list. The final M3 version, though, is just ugly, without the benefit of referencing back to the VF-1.

Did I miss any?

• Add one part standard Valkyrie structure/transformation set-up (for some Human flavor).
  • Add one part Q-Rau template (for some Zent' styling).
  • Add in the BDS/BDI systems for new technology.
  • Throw in the only fighter to sport dual-wielding gunpods.
  • Add in a high-speed mode and a delimiter mode.

Mix together with an Itano circus of missiles and you get the . . . .

YF-21!

I actually love the Frontier designs myself.

However, the original VF-1, particularly the Strike variant from DYRL, will always be my favorite.

My second favorite is most definitely the SV-51. Seems that I'm one of the few that really love this variable fighter.

It'll be interesting if news of that poll spreads far enough across the globe so that enough foreigners vote for crazy things and skew the whole poll in favour of the VF-2SS or something like that. Tell your friends!!

The VF-1 should just go without saying... J-type if you want to be specific... But my all time, hands-down, every time fave Valkyrie is the VF-11B.

Every time.

Love the utilitarian and aggressive silhouette of battroid, it's elegant and animalistic (don't forget functional!) gerwalk and finally the fighter's sleek and sharp body that clearly carries the Valkyrie DNA.

Plus it has a knightly shield and bayonet :-)

Edited by Kurisama