Yamato 1/60 Super/Strike parts + Option parts reissue

Swoosh

Kind of interesting that the VE and the 1D both got parts that color match their valks but the Super/Strike set is coming with a dark grey variety when in reality ALL of the DYRL Valks have the same sort of white/grey tone and could be easily color matched as well.

Can anyone confirm if the single seater option parts set can be connected to form the two seater VF-1D style setup without modding? Or would that require gluing them together? Thanks in advance peeps... :) Honestly, these announcements have me stressing over my budget for the rest of the year! I might have to let a pre-order or two go, and it's looking like the VF-25G might be sacrificed for 2 FP's and the potential VT-1 reissue right now... :( I've been wanting to stick a VT-1 super parts set onto my VF-1D for a long time now, and a reissue would finally make that possible from a cost standpoint.

I don't believe that you could easily just snap two one-seater setups together to get the two-seater seat piece, since the seats both look connected to a single rail piece. It'd probably be very easy to mod two together though, with a minimal amount of cutting.

As for the VT-1 packs on the VF-1D, I don't think that'll be possible, at least not without major reworking. I can try it when I get home with mine, but the VT-1's backpack is entirely different since the tails don't fold over, it has that extra thruster attachment on top, and the booster connections are in a different spot on the backpack because of it.

I'm considering cancelling my super VF-17D preorder as well because of this stuff, but for something like the VF-25G, I wouldn't wait. I waited for the VF-17S to go on sale before getting one, and it's bound to happen with the VF-17D eventually as well, so I don't mind waiting a while on that. But with the way Bandai works, the absolute last thing you want to do is delay getting the renewal VF-25s. If you've got one on preorder, I'd hang onto that for dear life. :lol:

I don't believe that you could easily just snap two one-seater setups together to get the two-seater seat piece, since the seats both look connected to a single rail piece. It'd probably be very easy to mod two together though, with a minimal amount of cutting.

But with the way Bandai works, the absolute last thing you want to do is delay getting the renewal VF-25s. If you've got one on preorder, I'd hang onto that for dear life. :lol:

Thanks Chrono... it doesn't look hard to mod at all; I know that I'd have no use for the single seat parts if I buy 2 fp sets, so I'd just throw them together for my Virgin Road valk. As far as the VT-1 packs on the VF-1D, I've just been too lazy to pull those valks out of my case and try it... lol. But, I assumed it would work as long as the 1D's fins aren't folded down.. crap, I hope it works!

Also, good thoughts on the 25G... Bandai's supply issues and their toys' quick jump in price shortly after release is making me hesitant. Still, I've got a bunch of house stuff and holiday things to consider, so something has to give... I just don't know what yet! haha

Honestly I could have waited til next year. I'm just so overwhelmed with the VF-4 and everything else coming out. Anyone else still thinking about getting that second VF-4? lol.

you can include me in, lol.

but then again the SSP is something i have to squeeze out some more money from my piggy bank to get it.

This fall is going to be about prioritizing I think. The VF-25G, VE-1 reissue, and strike packs get priority, along with the VF-4. I'm not cancelling my VF-19F, since it'll be coming in about a week, but I might postpone the VF-17D/packs and the VF-19P until later, since they'll likely be around for quite a long time.

Actually, I'm discovering that while I do like the VF-17S, I'm not in love with it, and may forego getting another altogether now that I can get separate packs for it... unless Millia's comes out I mean. ^_^

Funny enough.. I'm getting more concerned about storage space than cost in some ways. I keep all my valks' boxes since I rotate out which ones I display, and so far, they all fit in my office closet. But that closet is filling up fast, and I either need to cut back on what I buy, or consolidate a few of my VF-25 kits into less boxes to save room (which is perfectly possible if you cut all the pieces off the sprues).

Time to put on some Tetris music, and go at the closet once more. :lol:

This fall is going to be about prioritizing I think. The VF-25G, VE-1 reissue, and strike packs get priority, along with the VF-4. I'm not cancelling my VF-19F, since it'll be coming in about a week, but I might postpone the VF-17D/packs and the VF-19P until later, since they'll likely be around for quite a long time.

Actually, I'm discovering that while I do like the VF-17S, I'm not in love with it, and may forego getting another altogether now that I can get separate packs for it... unless Millia's comes out I mean. ^_^

Funny enough.. I'm getting more concerned about storage space than cost in some ways. I keep all my valks' boxes since I rotate out which ones I display, and so far, they all fit in my office closet. But that closet is filling up fast, and I either need to cut back on what I buy, or consolidate a few of my VF-25 kits into less boxes to save room (which is perfectly possible if you cut all the pieces off the sprues).

You are not the only one bud.

I find it so strange that so many people need SSP's I have 5x of the separate ones and 1x set that came with the VF-1S super strike plus bundle.

I grabbed as many as I needed as I noticed they were always out of stock when I first got my Skull squadron together.

IMG_06151.jpg

Sorry for the horrible pic though :D

God damn. The more I think about this stuff the more I dont know what to do. There is way too much cool stuff coming out. Im going to have to prioritize. Pick up what may not be available or too high priced later.

That's exactly how I ended up with my current collection. I had to prioritize the releases I thought would disappear faster and buy the rest later, it worked out well so far.

Edited by Loop

Heh. I know EXACTLY what you mean! :D I know I have to sell some stuff off but it breaks my heart to do so...

Unfortunately I can't even go into the closet these days because it's a million degrees in there (which can't be good for toys, either...)

I'm pretty fortunate my closet is on the cool side of the apartment, and none of my valks are against the outside wall. But yeah, I've got those things stacked to use the space perfectly. They're like legos, where the odd sizes of some boxes make the perfect space to stick other ones. I am glad they've been sticking to the VF-1 sized boxes for everything new though.

All my pack sets except for one, I actually got in bundles, and usually discounted. I sprung for a separate TV set early on, because I knew how rare those got with the 1/48s. The rest of the bundles are all DYRL though, and I'm only short two, since my original issue Roy 1S and my new DYRL CF don't have packs. I'm tempted to get three just in case (or to equip my other TV CF) but not sure if I'll want to yet. Counting specialty packs, I've already got 8 sets. :p

You need 5 more!

LOL, not really unless you are buying.... I only wanted enough for my skull squad and the Hikaru VF-1S, but ended up with an extra pair and that is on my dupe Roy VF-1S. I took them off my VF-1S Max.

Edited by Loop

Yessss!!! Time to update with some Super/Strike parts. As for the VE-1, I have one already, so if I can get an updated one, I'll be grateful. If not, I'll be OK with the one I have. What's strange is that the previous one should be the exact same as this one coming. The VE-1 original came with the updated leg connector latch already. It's like paying an extra $60 for the option parts.

I find it so strange that so many people need SSP's I have 5x of the separate ones and 1x set that came with the VF-1S super strike plus bundle.

I grabbed as many as I needed as I noticed they were always out of stock when I first got my Skull squadron together.

Well, fwiw, my DYRL v2's (roy/hikky/max/kaki) all have their SPs.

i just want the upcoming VE-1 re-issue from the link. :D

I do wish Yamato-Toys will reissue the DYRL-CF to include the FAST-packs, tho. I passed on the CF when it was offered since I didn't much care about the option-parts for it and the FAST-packs were long out of stock as well to have it in proper DYRL-mode.

As for the TV-FPs, I dunno. I think the only the TV-valks that need FPs (Hikky-1S/Max-1J/Milia-1J) should already come with it. Which means I hope Yamato-Toys reissue them as complete package.

Damn it's about time! That'll help lower the prices from those ebay scalpers. For whatever silly idea I come up with to NOT buy, I'm gonna actually triple that and buy. So let's see what the price is gonna skyrocket too and hopefully buy somewhere between 3-5 units of super packs.

Yessss!!! Time to update with some Super/Strike parts. As for the VE-1, I have one already, so if I can get an updated one, I'll be grateful. If not, I'll be OK with the one I have. What's strange is that the previous one should be the exact same as this one coming. The VE-1 original came with the updated leg connector latch already. It's like paying an extra $60 for the option parts.

The new VE-1 will have clear canopy.

Will the VE-1 come in the same box i wonder? You know, the one that looks like you could store a duvet in?

Aaahaha... You saying duvet reminds me of this;

Tyler Durden: Do you know what a duvet is?

Narrator: It's a comforter...

Tyler Durden: It's a blanket. Just a blanket. Now why do guys like you and me know what a duvet is? Is this essential to our survival, in the hunter-gatherer sense of the word? No. What are we then?

Narrator: ...Consumers?

Tyler Durden: Right. We are consumers. We're the bi-products of a lifestyle obsession.

How appropriate is that last line :p

Now that they are doing this can we ask, "WHERE ARE THE MAX AND MILIA 1J RE-RELEASES???"

I have this feeling that they're going to get the option parts reissue treatment soon. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've noticed most of the option parts reissues don't come with super packs. Now that they've started making more super packs, though, I would not be the least bit surprised...

My poor wallet. I'd almost convinced myself I was happy with the 1/48 M&M. Here's to shoulders that don't sag down and scrape the tarmac!