So what's next from Yamato?

jvmacross

With all these beautiful VF-19s coming out isn't obvious what deserves another revival?.....Drumroll.......dumdumdumdum "YF-19" version 3 or version 2 for the 1/60 purists. No contest - Proven seller, Hero valk, Fan Fave - Yamato make it happen. I'll buy 4 of them and I bet Kicker would purchase 10. ;)

All non-canon schemes sell poorly.

I don't recall the Low-Vis VF-1S and the VF-X selling poorly, nor do I recall the 1/48 VF-1A Low Vis languishing on the shelves, either. Sure, they might not have ALL sold well, but they certainly didn't ALL sell poorly, either.

I want to see a T.V. SDF-1, I don't care what scale it's in, 1/3000, 1/5000, what the Hell ever scale, I want to see one get made. And if for some reason that's just not doable, then give me a 1/60 VF-1J Stealth!

-Kyp

With all these beautiful VF-19s coming out isn't obvious what deserves another revival?.....Drumroll.......dumdumdumdum "YF-19" version 3 or version 2 for the 1/60 purists. No contest - Proven seller, Hero valk, Fan Fave - Yamato make it happen. I'll buy 4 of them and I bet Kicker would purchase 10. ;)

AT DAMNED NEAR $500 A POP?!? i wish i was half as LOADED as you fellows seem to be... :(

I know it's been said, but a YF-19 v2 would be nice.

indeed it would be... but at something considerably less than near half a kilobuck a copy... :(:angry::(

Edited by Shaorin

I guess then the kit version was made to appease all those fans who wanted non-canon schemes? If that's the case, they need to start issuing kits of everything. ^_^

I don't get it though. They have to know what the low vis 1/48 goes for now. Maybe it didn't sell well to start, but there's a certain portion of the fanbase who'd be selling off spare organs to get military scheme releases of everything.

Maybe it'd make more sense to make them web exclusives, but I have a hard time believing there's no profit to be made on them.

Edited by Chronocidal

The 1/48 LowVis DID languish on store shelves. It was a long time before it sold out and then eventually became a collector's item. The Low Vis VF-1S Focker is just a darker version of a canon scheme... I'm pretty sure that's exactly because of what stinkers the 1/48 LV, LVII, and Stealth were for Yamato. If you want a non-canon scheme maybe you'll get a Hikaru VF-1J LV that's a dark gray but I'm pretty sure the reason Yamato keeps releasing "no paint" versions is so that people can make their own non-canon schemes because Yamato doesn't want to risk getting burned by them. Maybe Yamato will prove me wrong though.

If they're going to just release kits then, I wish they'd consider releasing some in different colors. There are so many white valks, they all blur together.

And it's not like it'd be a massive undertaking to release them in colors they've already released. The VE-1 and VF-X were already in gray, all they'd have to do is prep the molds for more of those types, and skip the tampo and assembly processes.

If they're going to just release kits then, I wish they'd consider releasing some in different colors. There are so many white valks, they all blur together.

And it's not like it'd be a massive undertaking to release them in colors they've already released. The VE-1 and VF-X were already in gray, all they'd have to do is prep the molds for more of those types, and skip the tampo and assembly processes.

Actually that's not a bad idea. A lot of the non cannon schemes from the Master File books use gray as the primary color, so all Yamato would have to do is put a gray unpainted valk out with some 1/60 squadron decal/sticker sets (or a 3rd party could source them) and we could go nuts.

I was actually thinking about using one of my version one VF-1A cannon fodders to try the tan skull squadron scheme that's in the Space Wings Master File. Didn't seem like there was a whole lot of extra detailing needed on that one. Worth a shot for my first "custom" :) .

I'd like to see them make the Variable Glaug.

Whoever said Dorvack, I'll second. I missed out on the previous Calibur toys, and I'd love to see Yamato's take on both Mugen's Calibur and Oberon's Gazzette.

As far as obscure Macross designs go, I'd love to see the BG-5C Fatman, from the Macross Designworks, realized. I'd be happy to have it at a smaller scale as long as the engineering was still on par with Yamato's current designs. Smaller would, I hope, mean less taxing on the wallet.

A lot of the non cannon schemes from the Master File books use gray as the primary color, so all Yamato would have to do is put a gray unpainted valk out with some 1/60 squadron decal/sticker sets (or a 3rd party could source them) and we could go nuts.

And due to the size difference, a lot of 1/72 F-14 stuff fits a 1/60 VF-1 well. (and half the master file etc schemes are modified F-14 schemes anyways)