So what's next from Yamato?

jvmacross

My only fondness for Robotech is that if not for it I would not have come to know Macross. I would not have bothered to read the subtitles and come to love the series and I would probably be into Battletech.

I hate my late ex-girlfriend but she introduced me to my wife. Same thing. :D

My only fondness for Robotech is that if not for it I would not have come to know Macross. I would not have bothered to read the subtitles and come to love the series and I would probably be into Battletech.

I hate my late ex-girlfriend but she introduced me to my wife. Same thing. :D

Ha, you know what? Same goes for me - on both counts!

I'd say that heat shield is either a clip on or they go exposed like the 22's.

No - no, no expose! It rhymes:D

The problem with the the SDF-1 TV version's wider appeal outside of Japan is that that appeal is negated by things like ignorance of toys only released in Japan, unwillingness or apprehension related to purchasing gray market international goods, fear of purchasing unsupported goods with substantial MSRPs, and issues of similar natures. This is compounded by the SDF-1's natural lack of demand caused by its being a ship and not a fighter. I still would LOVE a TV SDF-1 but I understand it's unlikely.

I guess with the new VF-17 toy, new VF-19 toys, and a VF-4 in the works Yamato is in no rush.

I would want a VF-11 Jamming Birds (yeah I know it's way harder due to the twin seat thingy and heat shield), and a v.2 of the VF-0 and YF-19. I have yet to get myself some Yamato stuff from Mac Zero and Plus.

I still think the best route would be a heat shield that's isn't as large and bulbous as the lineart depiction but is fully integrated into the fighter mode, and then a second clip on shield that gives you a show accurate option.

I still think the best route would be a heat shield that's isn't as large and bulbous as the lineart depiction but is fully integrated into the fighter mode, and then a second clip on shield that gives you a show accurate option.

That's the smartest compromise I guess. I'd go for that.

They need to do low-viz of everything in 1/60 starting with: VF-1 v2, VF-19, VF-22, VF-17, VF-4

Edited by Uxi

How do you define "low viz? The VF-1 has had three so far between the original 1S low Viz, the VFX and now Cavaliers. Gamlin's 22 is essentially low viz. All 17's are low viz technically. The only VF-4 we have now is practically low viz. What sort of paint scheme are you looking for really?

I'd love;

VA-3 Invader

VF-11 Jamming Birds

VF-11 Full Armour

VF-1C from Dynamite 7

VF-9 Cutlass

VF-14 Vampire

Battle 7

Battle Frontier

Battle Galaxy

Battle Pod

Of course, with the price of Valks lately due to the dollar to yen issue, I'd be just as happy if Yamato put out stuff I could easily pass on for a while.

So what's next from Yamato?

your guess is as good as mine.

whatever may come to be, the only certainty, alas, is that there's no way in hell that i'll be able to afford any of it... :unsure::angry::unsure:

I want a 1/60 VF-11 with BIG ASS TAIL FINS as option parts.

i want a re-designed -11 1/60 with BIG ASS TAIL FINS fully integrated into the transformation, hell or high-water.

c'mon Yammie, work that magic of yours!!

Edited by Shaorin

Just one more chance with the M&M.

I was late to the game and picked up my 1/48 M&M a matter of months before the 1/60 versions were announced. At that point it didn't look like Yamato was going to do every imaginable paint scheme like they ended up doing. I thought there was a decent chance M&M would never get released in that form factor.

Even if they did, I assumed the price would go down once the market was saturated with the 1/60s, like they were with the 1/48s.

Boy did I end up being wrong on both counts.

Edited by MikeRoz