So what's next from Yamato?

jvmacross

YF-19 definitely. As for what I'd like to see... some reissues would be nice actually. I really want a VT-1 and a Max 1J. And as always I'm hoping for a VF-9 lol.

I keep saying it but it doesn't seem like there are many fans of it here.

Variable Glaug would be EPIC. Probably too big for 1/60 though right?

Edited by Raptor One

In terms of cruiser mode they're really rather different in many respects.

You're right but "close enough for now"...at least it is for me. With so much released this year, I'm ok with them waiting on this.

I'd be happy for just a Prometheus and Daedalus in scale with what we already got.

Edited by xrentonx

Many want the Mospeada Legioss, Treads and Ride-Armors from Yamato - at least they should get the Fuke Proto type and do a limited show release for $600 or something.

But requesting things from Mospeada seems to be unrealistic right now, given the niche nature of the show...

I understand the appeal of the muted colors and more alien look of the DYRL SDF-1.

But it's not the Macross I grew up with.

Understand, I've slowed down significantly with my collecting. I'm not buying as much stuff as I used to. (Though, I'm seriously considering getting the VF-17D.)

But assuming the price is reasonable, I will absolutely, positively without question move hell and high water to get a TV-style, Prometheus and Daedelus sporting, SDF-1 Macross! Garish colors and all!

No other Macross item on my want list is higher.

I understand the appeal of the muted colors and more alien look of the DYRL SDF-1.

But it's not the Macross I grew up with.

Understand, I've slowed down significantly with my collecting. I'm not buying as much stuff as I used to. (Though, I'm seriously considering getting the VF-17D.)

But assuming the price is reasonable, I will absolutely, positively without question move hell and high water to get a TV-style, Prometheus and Daedelus sporting, SDF-1 Macross! Garish colors and all!

No other Macross item on my want list is higher.

I agree, I'd get a TV SDF-1 but the only thing that would stop me is price. With the way the current valks are priced I could see that SDF-1 being over $600. I wouldn't even give that a second look. I paid $330 for my DYRL SDF-1 and I'll never spend that much again. I don't regret it as it's the centerpiece for my collection, but it's too much considering it's just plastic shaped like something epicly cool that I love.

I still wonder which would sell better, the SDFM or DYRL version. While DYRL is bigger in Japan (and with most Macross fans I guess) the SDFM version is also the, like it or not, Robotech version. Older fans would jump at one, if they were aware it existed. That's a world wide interest here (provided we can all remember this thing from 1983) simply because it was more widely viewed across the planet by Macross and Robotech fans.

I still wonder which would sell better, the SDFM or DYRL version. While DYRL is bigger in Japan (and with most Macross fans I guess) the SDFM version is also the, like it or not, Robotech version. Older fans would jump at one, if they were aware it existed. That's a world wide interest here (provided we can all remember this thing from 1983) simply because it was more widely viewed across the planet by Macross and Robotech fans.

Robotech fans are cheap and aren't interested in anything that isn't spoon fed to them by HG. Further, the casual 'hey, I remember that show from the 80's where everything transformed and wasn't transformers; and though I've got no interest in Macross proper I've got hundreds of dollars to blow on a single nostalgia kick' demographic is statistically insignificant even internationally and not worth the effort of making a 100% new tooling mold for.

Robotech fans are cheap and aren't interested in anything that isn't spoon fed to them by HG.

You know? That's quite offensive to some of us. Maybe you should not overgeneralize as much.

Edited by Lorindor

You know? That's quite offensive to some of us. Maybe you should not overgeneralize as much.

It's okay, his hobbies include sarcasm and hyperbole. I'm assuming he just agreeing with me by stating the reverse... on a Pony.

And we need cheap and available super/strike/gbp armors for the 1/60. Non canon stuff would be appreciated too.

Yes... Even if they're unpainted.

Separate Option Parts too darnit! I bought mine for ~$40 from a someone I'd call a Master Replicator and he threw in extra goodies :)

And how about those 1/60 DIsplay Stands!

Edited by Astralith

No it's not the Robotech version, cause it's like saying here's a Lamborgini, but by putting a Kia badge, it's now a Kia, well maybe if you like to believe good things are cheap and rip-offs?

Also you have to be a bit asleep expecting to post minimal Robotech support, on a Macross forum of Macross fans, and thinking it's okay and you won't get a backslash from it.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Omegablue

No it's not the Robotech version, cause it's like saying here's a Lamborgini, but by putting a Kia badge, it's now a Kia, well maybe if you like to believe good things are cheap and rip-offs?

Also you have to be a bit asleep expecting to post minimal Robotech support, on a Macross forum of Macross fans, and thinking it's okay and you won't get a backslash from it.

That version was also in Robotech and will be viewed as such by any fan. Regardless how you feel it's tied to Robotech, that means they share the same version, and would likely make it more visible. It's observation.

Has anybody ever reflected on the power of the word “Robotech”? just a mention and *poof* condescending asses appear!! MAGIC!!!

Maybe if we say it three times straight we might get good looking asses… Robotech, Robotech... Robotech…

Condescending asses being pointed out by other condescending asses.

And here I thought this thread would be about what Yamato might be planning after the VF-4.

And here I thought asking for good looking asses would conjure up something OTHER than “Lolicon”. Feel dirty now, gotta get away from anime.

Now, did Yamato ever get the license for Macross the First? Graham asked for interest on a MFirst Vf-1J.

Cheapest way for them to make a SDF-1 with a Daedalus and company would be a “the first” version. Same old mold, just add cartoony colors and two easy to make ships.

It's been a while there hasn't been a good arguement about Macross vs bootleg cr... oops, meant Robotech, sorry. :D:p

But seriously, Yamato either should finish off milking the VF-1, Stealth, camo, artic scheme, and etc...

And then move into new sculpts, like completing the Zero line.

Or give us Zentradis, not expensive kits though...

However I do feel a tremor in the force... 1/48v2... :unsure:

Edited by Omegablue