So what's next from Yamato?

jvmacross

They really should do the unpainted in gray... 100% agree. It only makes sense, it's just a recolor of the kits and completists would buy it again. And I'd get my low viz skull squadron I've always wanted! lol.

Honestly all their kit versions should have been molded in some sort of grey. I don't understand why would they molded in white or official colors plus a sheet of decals on markings that they already released in toy version. If I wanted an official markings, I would have bought the toy.

Edited by Vi-RS

Actually, considering the price difference, I think it still made sense to include the standard markings. Granted, the VF-1 wasn't exactly on the high-end of the price range with Yamato's offerings, but the kits were definitely cheaper than an assembled ones.

While I would love them to release a VF-1 kit in gray, I'm not sure I care that much about more VF-1s now. If anything, I'd buy a couple gray kits and mashup the parts with my white ones so there'd be less painting to make a 1970s style F-14 scheme. I really just wish they had used the DYRL off-white for the kits so they wouldn't yellow so easily.

I'm much MUCH more interested in getting kits of other valks at this point though, especially if they can make a generic catch-all kit for the VF-19 that includes both wing types with optional canards. I'd probably buy several, especially if they make them in gray.

When does Yamato tend to announce things?

Well Winter Wonderfest is Feb 10 so probably then. I do hope it's more than the VF-1A, 1D, and Guitar shown two pages back. It does seem rather quiet from them given that we already know Bandai has a reissue of the YF-29 30th, 30th Super Parts, VF-171 CF, VF-27, and Vajra coming this year and we aren't even done with January yet.

Hopefully M&M valks and TV Super Parts.

Phalanx Kit or full Toy.

VF Lighting Flashback Version...

If that is all we got this year I would be happy. Yamato unlike Bandai seems to want my money anway. <_<

Edited by logos

This might be a dumb question, but is Yamato done officially with 1/48 scale? And if so, why? I kind of like the more substantive size compared to 1/60.

I hope not...probably not regular releases though....with that said....I would like to see Macross Chronicle exclusives 1/48 VF-1S TV and VF-1D...

It's been a really long time since they did any 1/48, so IDK. Seems kinda unlikely at this point that they'd go back, since 1/60 seems to have become the standard default for the series, even across company lines, since Bandai looks to have roughly the same stance...

Stranger things have happened, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

If they go 1/48 again (or larger) it's going to be like an "Ultimate Deluxe" line or something, that's my guess. We'd see integrated everything, superior articulation, details we never dreamed about, at a cost of probably like 3x a 1/60 V2.

I think a 9" figure is the best size in term of handling, engineering capability within the price point. I never like the 1/48 scale, partly because of the size, poor fitments, and proportions, so they are dead for good.

I would liked to see the super ostrich and the M&M valks rereleased. It seems though that VF-1's are disappearing from stores. Makes me think Jenius could be right about V3 coming out soon

Re: another VF-1 redesign, hopefully not, invested too much money in the v2 1/60 VF-1 to consider a 4th go round with Yamato (v1, 1/48, v2) for the design. Not including the recent Bandai offerings.

Just give us some more non-canon schemes or something new.

-b.

I'd really like to see them revisit Macross Zero. I only ever bought a Nora SV-51 and I love it. But with all the great new stuff Yamato has been doing, Zero could stand to get updated. Hopefully then we'd see some of the things we missed the first go around.

TV SDF-1 would be awesome too

Was thinking about this one the last few days. A 1/60 scale VF-4 non-variable, Fighter mode only. Working cockpit & landing gear with a pilot.

Why, personally I love this VF for fighter mode only and would easily get 3 or 4 of these.

SDF-1 TV style and V.2 Mac Zero toys!!

lol... there's only been one 1/48 line for Yamato and that's the VF-1. And I think that was just to get them to stand as tall as the other valkyries in your display. I don't think they ever even thought about an entire line of Macross toys in 1/48. That would make the YF-21 and YF-19 huge also. Though I wouldn't mind seeing it. lol.