So what's next from Yamato?

jvmacross

I can see VF-2SS as possible, and VF-0 v2 plus SDF-1 TV as remotely possible.

How about branching off to other things? They can do a much better Legioss than the other 2 recent offers, but I think the world has enough Legioss for now. Brave Gokin showed a Orguss prototype 3 years ago and then absolutely nothing, so may be Yamato can take a crack at it.

Some Mospeada love would be nice. :wub:

Griffin (Flight type) from Patlabor would be nice too. B))

I agree on MOSPEADA. I do not yet own a proper Legios and Tread. I only have the two Beagle releases.

For Macross, it has to be the VF-2SS for me or pick up Macross the Ride license and do those. B))

Here's the mad list spitting out of my fevered brain:

V2. YF-19 (It's gonna happen)

Considerably improved VF-0 a, s, and D (likely I think)

Considerably improved SV-51

T.V. SDF-1 (I think reasonably likely because of the success of the DYRL version - of course the Macross the first version would be easiest)

Varauta Mechs (Fz-109 especially). I know they don't like doing enemy mecha, but these are pretty sweet variable fighters. . . .

Battle 7 (someday I can see them completing the whole host of transformable Macross battleships available to them).

And I'm sayin' it because no-one else is likely to: Variable Gluag! Another cool variable enemy to take on your collection. . . .

Now since I've already treaded into the valley of the unlikely but not entirely out of the question:

V2. Escaflowne

Mospeada Legioss, Tread, and Ride Armors for Yellow and Fuke

Orguss and Nickick

VF-2S and VF-2J

Just to delve into a level of stupid obscurity, I'm going to say Dorvak and Galvion. This is beyond never gonna happen just 'cuz I can go there . . . .

Yamato has done the research and decided that making a TV SDF-1 or even a Glaug could never possibly have enough appeal among Macross fans to sell well and justify production. In the meantime, those same marketing geniuses just know THIS thing will be a massive hit and totally worth making:

guitar1306172013.jpg

... good looking out, Yamato. Pfft.

In the meantime, those same marketing geniuses just know THIS thing will be a massive hit and totally worth making:

... good looking out, Yamato. Pfft.

yes exactly

because everyone wants a toy of a robot from 30 years ago and not say, a replica of the guitar used by this guy

Someone said already, I guess the next in logic would be to complete the Macross 7 valks, there's still a lot to be done there, at least 3 vf-11, 3 vf-17 and the vf-5000.

Personally, I would love v.2 Macross Zero valks and a vf-0D

Edited by 3D-Brainx

It's been said on here before, but I'd love to see a SVF-41 VF-1 CAG scheme released. I'd probably be holding my breath for a long time though.

http://www.1999.co.j...7/10070210a.jpg

I dunno....the VF-1 is Yamato's bread and butter "valk".......with the release of the Cavalier VF....using the Master File scheme rather than the TV "canon"....I feel it is a safe bet that we will eventually see more Prometheus and ARMD squadrons produced, maybe not mass releases though.... ;)

Vinyl figures of the last two Sound Force battroids anybody? Cheaper to make than a full transforming robot and a great way to finish the trio. Add vinyl fighter modes into the mix and you get two perfect twopacks!!!

post-2996-0-74554300-1345763845_thumb.png

Hello?? Anybody?? Come on!!! I’m serious. CHEAP, fast and great for completists!!...

Actually, I'm not entirely sure about the VF-17T. I still want one, but there's a bit of work to be done redesigning the nose section. The head will be really easy to replace by comparison.

Now, that's not to say that there isn't already room in that cockpit area for two figures. They might be able to pull off some VF-1D style rearrangement of things, and wedge two seats into the existing cockpit area. But either way, the canopy and cockpit need to be changed a bit.

Given the way the VF-17 is made, they might be able to get away with changing only a few parts, and not having to change the transformation at all. It'll need a new cockpit section and a new nosecone most likely. Whether it'd also need a new chest section with a lengthened center to cover the larger cockpit, I don't know, but it looks likely.

I need to watch scenes of the VF-17T again though... I almost thought it used a VF-171 style nosecone fold, because of the longer nose.

So, the series is called Macross.

It's about this big, hunking alien ship that lands in the Pacific.

The humans study it and repair it. Make a crapload of technology based on and in response to it.

It has this infamous maneuver called the Daedalus Attack that was used umpteen billion times in the series.

. . . . . .And yet we haven't had an official toy update of the iconic mothership in over 25 years.

:huh:

Edited by Mog