So what's next from Yamato?

jvmacross

So now that Yamato has finally made many a dream come true with the release (well by end of year) of the VF-4......what's next?

I'm thinking that Yamato's release of the almost $400 VF-4 means anythng goes.....so with that said.....I think we will see the rest of the Sound Force.....Varuta valks.....Vf-5000 and VA-3C from Macross Dynamite 7.....the remaining Macross TV VF-1's.....and to further milk the VF-1mold....Macross the First VF-1's!!!

I am hoping that the big announcement at the end of year or early next year will be for the SDF-1 TV version........perhaps the next web-exclusive? :rolleyes:

I would like to see a 1/60 Glaug as a toy or kit. Maybe the 1/3000 SDF-1 Macross.

If I could choose any it would probably be the VF-11 MAXL or VF-2SS (I know...)

Realistically, it will probably be the YF-19 v.2

Guest Courfid

The quality and detail of the VF-4G limited ed. is really amazing. I would love to see the VF-0D, VF-19 and VF-5000 with that kind of worksmanship put into them. I just hope they are a bit off, because I don't want to put up as much as I did for the VF-4G again just yet!

Edited by Courfid

Yamato should re-release its 1/60 strike pack for VF-1#, seeing strike packs sold nowadays @ 200$ is depressing.

Some bought dozens because they're compulsive, some bought just what they need, some just bought extra boxes to make money out of Macross' real fans.

They could also re-release the Heavy Armor in different colors.

Edited by Loute

We're not even done with 7 yet. :p I still think there's a lot of mold milking that could be done with the VF-19, if they just start digging through the Master File. I would easily buy 3 or 4 more VF-19s if they came out with a white/low-vis or kit version of it.

I'm also still hoping for the rest of Sound Force, no matter how unlikely it is. A VF-17T shouldn't be that significant a change that they can't pull it off I think, and honestly, I really want that orange/white New Edwards scheme on one, much more than Ray's green thing. But if it convinces them to make a MAXL to complete the set, I'm all for it.

Besides that, you've still got the alternate paint on Millia's vintage 1J, her red VF-17S. and the M&M VF-11s to do. (Plus, you know, Pink Peckers.)

After that's done though.. I really don't want anything else until they update the YF-19. I know some folks are happy with theirs now, but I think it just looks so far behind the rest of the Macross Plus stuff that it's painful. Comparing it to the new VF-19s especially makes me want a new one. Plus, I'd love to see some actual alternate schemes, instead of paint-swap jobs. A new YF-19 in orange or blue Supernova markings would be amazing.

After those.. the sky's the limit I guess. I can't say I'd buy anything past that, because that's pretty much the extent of what I'm hoping to see (barring a VF-19 Nothung :D) Guess I wouldn't mind seeing a VF-14 done, but only if it's the SR-71 styled one, not the funky diamond-headed thing from M3.

Of all the fighters, Yamato only has these guys left:

VF-2SS Valkyie II (unlikely)

VF-2JA Icarus (unlikely)

VF-3000 Crusader

VF-5000 Star Mirage

VF-9 Cutlass

VF-14 Vampire

It’s pretty obvious that the next VF will be the 5000, since Yamato is about to release the VF-19P Zola Patrol valk.

That’s all the remaining fighters Yamato has left to do, I think. Other than that they covered pretty much everything (except for a VF-0D). Don’t care much for Sound Force, or a YF-19 V2.0, since the original still holds up extremely well. But since there is talk about renewals, here’s hoping the entire Macross Zero line gets redone, as it was Yamato’s first attempt at the “perfect transformation” 1/60 scale.

Didn’t they change management around that time? Ever since then we’ve had one amazing valk after another.

That's not a complete list.... we need a funny Chinese vf1 also.

..don't forget the Alaska base VF-1A and the Max and Millia wedding ceremonial guard VF-1D!!! ;)

if they just start digging through the Master File.

yep......plenty more "unseen" VF-1 fighter squadrons from SDFM are shown in the VF-1 Master File book....they did the "cavaliers"...may as well release the rest! -_-

I can see VF-2SS as possible, and VF-0 v2 plus SDF-1 TV as remotely possible.

How about branching off to other things? They can do a much better Legioss than the other 2 recent offers, but I think the world has enough Legioss for now. Brave Gokin showed a Orguss prototype 3 years ago and then absolutely nothing, so may be Yamato can take a crack at it.

first and foremost I would love to see an official Yamato Minmei guard VF. It will never happen though...

i think a 1/60 VF-0S v2 with Reactive Armor parts from Yamato would be pretty sweet...

again...it will never happen

Edited by Jeremy007

Yamato should re-release its 1/60 strike pack for VF-1#, seeing strike packs sold nowadays @ 200$ is depressing.

Some bought dozens because they're compulsive, some bought just what they need, some just bought extra boxes to make money out of Macross' real fans.

They could also re-release the Heavy Armor in different colors.

Yeah, I agree. I got in too late and missed the $24 packs. I really want one but can't justify giving a scalper a 10x markup