So what's next from Yamato?

jvmacross

403-1.jpg

Source: Yamato blog.

That's just the result of a tutorial build up by KuWa from Frame-Out Models commisioned by Yamato. They do some of the builds for Macross The Ride for Dengeki Hobby and also they also make the conversion kits to turn Hasegawa models into Macross The Ride customs. We gave away their VF-171 resin kit at MacrossWorld 2010.

http://www.facebook....&type=1

The Zentradi fighter jets or any enemy mecha would be nice. I always thought a Diorama with enemy mecha being studied like an R/D wing would be bad ass. Reality is its a business though, although the collectors would buy the enemy, I don't know if the overall sales would be there to compensate for the creation of the line.

On another note, does anyone see a reissue of Max's VF1J on the horizon for next year? I think they would scream off the shelves like the super strike parts did.

Edited by sreichma

Elintseeker with option parts was reissued.

Wasn't the:

DYRL-VF-1A mass production/ option parts

DYRL-VF-1S Roy/option parts

DYRL-VF-1S Hik/option parts

TV-VF-1S Roy/option parts

TV-VF-1J Hik/option parts ...all supposed to be reissued?

Shouldn't that be next?Whens that gonna happen?

• 2 weeks later...

'tis what it says. The SW-XA-1. (I prefer the SW-XA-2, myself) One of Kawamori's not-quite-canon designs.

Don't know what that is, or "when" it's from, as I stopped watching Macross after 'Zero; what era does that represent? I'm assuming it's pre-Zero...

Edited by myk

Don't know what that is, or "when" it's from, as I stopped watching Macross after 'Zero; what era does that represent? I'm assuming it's pre-Zero...

It's a design from Kawamori for the Experimental variable fighter program for the Character Model magazine. It's not pre-Zero, it's the other way round actually. Kawamori used elements from the SW-XA1 and incorporated them when he designed the VF-0.

Macross Compendium:

The United Nations Forces presented to every manufacturer the required specifications for SWX (Stealth Wing X), a programme to combine high stealthiness with air combat capabilities exceeding that of the VF-17. The United Nations Forces intended to assign the VF-17 the primary mission of long-range attacks, which would entail the need for a separate variable fighter for air superiority and defense.

The SW-XA1 was created as an experimental plane for these required specifications. The VF-1 Valkyrie was chosen as the basis for the SW-XA1 due to the abundance of combat data during actual warfare. This base design was improved to current standards by equipping it with upgraded engines and avionics.