Macross Cloisonn & Enamel Pins

LA2019

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I have that Minmay! Totally forgot about these. I also have one which is just the original Macross logo. I may have more, but don't remember. I got mine in the mid-90s, but I always wondered how legit they really were. Thanks for the "flashback"!

Gods, they sold those (and many more) in the late 80s at the old Space Centre, back in Sheffield. There were some official Robotech ones, but the majority were knock-offs of one sort or other; everything from Macross, to the Dirty Pair to Gundam and beyond.

They were pretty popular at a time when memorabilia for anime fans was almost non existent.

Edit: Ah.... The Boys from the Centre. What a good bunch of lads they were.

Edited by nautilus

Gods, they sold those (and many more) in the late 80s at the old Space Centre, back in Sheffield. There were some official Robotech ones, but the majority were knock-offs of one sort or other; everything from Macross, to the Dirty Pair to Gundam and beyond.

They were pretty popular at a time when memorabilia for anime fans was almost non existent.

Edit: Ah.... The Boys from the Centre. What a good bunch of lads they were.

Small world! I went to the Sheffield Space Centre in the 90s. That's when Rik Newman, the guy who ran the Macross 77077 website was the resident Macross expert. He was also good friends with Graham. I wonder how much the Space Centre has changed, I imagine it's still there, like Comet Miniatures in London.

Small World indeed. Rick Newman helped Rick Cowling, Dave Bromehead, Helen McCarthy and I on the AnimeDay Cons and founded the Shef University anime club with the lads and I.

He's still about, and still batty about Macross.

And yes, last time I went back to the UK the Space Centre was still there, with the same staff (Dave, Rick, Colin, Jim and Lol) serving the same goodness to all Frothers.

Edit: Looking over my Uncle's stuff and those early days, I was only recently drawn to how much the Space Centre sparked the inferno in the UK...

Edited by nautilus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The ones from Maiden's collection (thanks for posting) in the center were being sold at Kimono My House. I just checked, and they are STILL being sold there: http://www.kimonomyhousetoys.com/shop.cgi

I used to buy all sorts of stuff from them, now I have most of the Macross stuff :D - MT

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • azrael changed the title to Macross Cloisonn & Enamel Pins
  • azrael featured this topic
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...