1/48 VF-1A Low Visibility on Amazon

peter

That's nuts. I remember one of the older chunky monkeys (Hikaru VF-1A Strike) used to sell for a lot...$400 or something like that if it was brand new, in box.

I didn't even feel that it was worth the ~$120-150 it would have cost to get one when it first came out. Yamato's early attempts at weathering on that thing looked terrible. It just ended up looking like someone with dirty hands had handled the thing and left dirty fingerprints all over it.

TISINC aka treasure island sports. Yes, they are in the blacklist. They have a booth at Frank N Sons. Customer service is hit and miss. I've bought stuff from them before and theirs is usually priced on the high end. This takes it to a whole new level though.

Edited by mass driver

TISINC aka treasure island sports. Yes, they are in the blacklist. They have a booth at Frank N Sons. Customer service is hit and miss. I've bought stuff from them before and theirs is usually priced on the high end. This takes it to a whole new level though.

this is assuming they are even open when you go to their booth.

Edited by ps99042

Yamato should do version 2 1/48 one day. All the gimmicks of the old 1/48 kept intact, include improvements from 1/60 ver2 line (better articulation, feet thrusters that don't look fake etc) , and designed it for 2 seater variants and GBP armour this time. (1/48 never got 2 seater variants)

You'll say: "No way I have just completed my 1/60 vf-1 collection. I will never buy more VF1 toy ever again."

Yamato will laugh and release a whole new 1/48 range of vf-1 toys and you do the opposite of what you said. Because the new ones are better than the old one. (1/60 ver2 has a long neck, old 1/48 had GBP big boobs, old 1/48 has tiny hands, 1/60 ver2 has no gunstrap, etc etc)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I bought a 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S and a super/strike parts set from him through Amazon before they got expensive. Didn't have any problems.
I was talking about the 1/55 scale chunky monkey Hikaru Strike. Wayyyyyyyyyy back before the Yamatos were even out.

Looks like one just went on our very own forum for way less than that nut job on Amazon:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=37258

Edited by peter

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/B0081CPOXM

Are you kidding me???? Is there anyone in the world willing to pay $599.99 for this??? Hell, if that's the case, I'll sell mine in a heartbeat! Are these things worth that much?

There's worse, look at these three:

41xUYRddU-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg , 51INn6ZNw6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg and 417Q4c9muPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

999$ each... :huh::rolleyes::D:lol:

They are from "Macross: Do You Remember Your Wallet?"

Edited by Loute