:::downloads file on Vita::: OH MY GOD, I WANT THAT SHERYL & RANKA DUET OF TOTSUGEKI LOVE HEART SOOOO BAD!

It's like someone took all those "Basara's daughter" comments and "Sheryl cosplaying as Basara" art and made a movie out of it!

Gold ankles VF-25? A movie special?

It's Mylene's Vf-11 MAXL Custom.

Edited by d3v

The story is set prior to the end of the tv series/movie. The original plot description (that Ozuma ran into a new alien life form while on patrol and that sheryl and ranka were involved) made this fairly clear IMO. While the description was vague in spots, but they mentioned the Frontier fleet, and if it WAS a true sequel set after F, it would be marketed very differently IMO.

Edited by Tochiro

But wouldn't this mean that FB7 takes more after the movie ending?

From the plot description:

"The story is set in 2059, five decades after the Space War I conflict seen in the first Macross story. Macross Frontier, the 25th New Macross Class super-long-distance colonization fleet, is journeying through the galaxy to a new paradise to call home. However, it is locked in a state of war with a strange enemy called Vajra.

Ozma Lee..., the leader of the S.M.S. Skull Team that is fighting the Vajra on the frontlines, encounters a mysterious lifeform, different from even the Vajra, one day."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-08-08/macross-fb-7-hybrid-rock-anime-project-outlined

If they're still fighting the Vajra it can't happen after the series or movies. Again, Alto's probably just off doing something else.

Guess Alto must have drawn the short straw for patrols, eh? :)

Alto: Man, after 3 days flying around in space, I need a long shower.

Ranka: Alto-kun, you won't believe what we've been doing!

Sheryl: Remember how Captain Ozma has a thing for Fire Bomber? Well...

*Sheryl and Ranka explain*

Alto: NANI?! You did all that without me?! How... how could you? :(

Oh and for Tochiro:

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

Interesting.. I wonder if they're mixing around the elements of the series and the movies with this?

That shot of the group walking down a corridor looks like Sheryl, Ranka, MIchael and Klan (wearing the Basara/Mylene costumes from the second movie), Kanaria, and... some random bluish-purple-haired person? Not sure if it's Kanaria either, but it looks like her hair, with the bandana she tended to wear tied into it. The mystery person looks like a girl, but knowing Alto.. :p Don't think he'd wear something that skimpy though, so it might be a random bridge bunny, or maybe even Nanase (looks too tall/thin to be her, though).

Interesting.. I wonder if they're mixing around the elements of the series and the movies with this?

That shot of the group walking down a corridor looks like Sheryl, Ranka, MIchael and Klan (wearing the Basara/Mylene costumes from the second movie), Kanaria, and... some random bluish-purple-haired person? Not sure if it's Kanaria either, but it looks like her hair, with the bandana she tended to wear tied into it. The mystery person looks like a girl, but knowing Alto.. :p Don't think he'd wear something that skimpy though, so it might be a random bridge bunny, or maybe even Nanase (looks too tall/thin to be her, though).

It's Mena Roshan, system operations officer... You know, the girl with the bindi on her forehead...

Reading the descriptions from y'all, I'm imagining a show where they're all just sitting around watching Fire Bomber music videos and adding commentary where necessary... Sounds like Beavis and Butthead! :D

I'm really hoping for some new animation. I'd love to see an adult Mylene.

It would be funny if at the very end, we see a run-down building on a deserted street and a lady with pink hair walks in to a guy playing on the guitar asking him if he's heard of these 2 new idols on Macross Frontier, where the guy responds with, "Bomba."

:lol: