Am watching the Firebomber 2012 footage now - damn it looks gorgeous in HD. We so need a full concert BD of Firebomber.

Loved the backstage footage too. Main disappointment is the lack of a separate menu for tracks and the fact that there are only 4 songs in total.

On the good side, these include Virgin Story and the awesome Megumi version of Nyan Nyan Fire :-)

Edited by Tochiro

Came back from TSUTAYA.

I will watch those ones from now on.

"Galaxy Is Calling Me" started being sold from April 24th, too. But... only 30 minutes? Oh...

post-14942-0-32214100-1366870446_thumb.jpg

Edited by antibiotictab

So did this sell like crap thus showcasing no one really cares about Macross 7 compilation film or is there some other explanation how the should-be-inevitable RAW rip still hasn't appeared.

I'd really rather not spend money on this just to see one scene

So did this sell like crap thus showcasing no one really cares about Macross 7 compilation film or is there some other explanation how the should-be-inevitable RAW rip still hasn't appeared.

I'd really rather not spend money on this just to see one scene

No, you should spend money on this to watch the concert footage and music videos like I did. :p

I doubt it'll be just a compilation, I mean the trailer had Gavil in it with up to date animation.

It's 90% compilation. Take it from someone who saw it in the cinema 3 times.

We even discussed this at length on SpeakerPODcast.

http://www.macrossworld.com/4157/macross-speakerpodcast-ep-7-bag-of-orgus/

As Renato mentioned tho, the extras on the BD are pretty worthy and I am in no way encouraging or condoning ppl DLing it. Either buy it and support the franchise, or decide you don't want to support a clip movie and don't buy or watch it. It's as simple as that really.

Edited by Tochiro

Well honestly, I'm probably buying it later when I have better monetary position but I'd really like to see it soon regardless. I have all Frontier films on BD, DYRL, Macross 30, some cool DYRL DVD that has packaging like Vinyl I got from Japan as well as bunch of other Macross DVDs and BDs but even for these I have torrented versions on my HD. It's not matter of just subs, it's just way easier to just play the files on PC so I'd like a rip avalaible regardless of buying FB7 or not.

Anyway, my point is more perplexment at lack of rip than "waahhhh where's muh free animu". These days pretty much any film ends on internet the moment it comes out on DVD/BD and only reason I can think of this not happening to FB7 is if it's really under radar and sold badly (which would not be surprising given what I've heard of it)

The short and easy answer is: no one wants to fall foul of the law and get a criminal record.

You know, the law introduced last October which made it a criminal offence to upload or download copyright content.

The short and easy answer is: no one wants to fall foul of the law and get a criminal record.

You know, the law introduced last October which made it a criminal offence to upload or download copyright content.

You know, no matter how much the members in Japan have said it before, the guys who couldn't understand it can't understand it for good.
They may be used to watching Youku and Baidu, so don't care about copyright things at all...
Well, once I found it, I would inform it to the contents holders by way of ACCS (Association of Copyright for Computer Software).
After their anger, the police would do the right thing.
Personally, I regard fansubbers as the traitors for Japanese otakus. Not only the law.

You know, no matter how much the members in Japan have said it before, the guys who couldn't understand it can't understand it for good.
They may be used to watching Youku and Baidu, so don't care about copyright things at all...
Well, once I found it, I would inform it to the contents holders by way of ACCS (Association of Copyright for Computer Software).
After their anger, the police would do the right thing.
Personally, I regard fansubbers as the traitors for Japanese otakus. Not only the law.

All the more reason for anime BDs to have English (and Spanish, and French, and German...) subtitles on them. *nods*

I should have posted this last week, sorry. Anyway, anime critic and friend of mine (shameless name-drop, so sue me) Ryota Fujitsu wrote a piece on FB7's performance on your home theater set-up in this month's special anime-themed issue of "HiVi" magazine, for HD-philes and audiophiles.

post-1318-0-45841200-1367215761_thumb.jpg

post-1318-0-16896800-1367215763_thumb.jpg

post-1318-0-88152400-1367215764_thumb.jpg

Edited by Renato

It's cool that he uses a beat up guitar on the 2nd set.

Was virgin story played in the series? If so what episode?

I want that M7 guitar! Fukuyama is playing the shizzle out of it!

Tsugeki love heart with Chie and Ranka.... ?

Both girls can't beat Fukuyama in screaming dynamite! LOL

Edited by Kicker773

Saw it on PPS with Chinese subtitles last night. I believe it's a legitimate copy, but who knows for sure. Anyway, can't believe FB7 was actually released in a theater and they expected people to pay see it! They went through the trouble of creating new footage for Frontier, and there are all kinds of interesting things they could have done with this crossover. And yet, they decided to go with this pointless lack-of-story! I knew beforehand that FB7 is supposed to be a promotion for the release of Mac 7 BluRay and would contain mostly recycled footage, but still.... major disappointment.

Saw it on PPS with Chinese subtitles last night. I believe it's a legitimate copy, but who knows for sure. Anyway, can't believe FB7 was actually released in a theater and they expected people to pay see it! They went through the trouble of creating new footage for Frontier, and there are all kinds of interesting things they could have done with this crossover. And yet, they decided to go with this pointless lack-of-story! I knew beforehand that FB7 is supposed to be a promotion for the release of Mac 7 BluRay and would contain mostly recycled footage, but still.... major disappointment.

We TRIED to lower expectations...

But yeah, it's simply not good. Flashback 2012 and Nyan Clip have some interesting visuals and clever editing, but FB7 is just dull.