That has to be so nice, just bumping in to him randomly like that. So awesome.

Honestly? Not QUITE as cool as having Chie Kajiura sit and talk to Tochiro and I for a while, but a damn sight better than Aya Endo looking me in the eye and deciding that I wasn't worthy of the signed poster.

Did anyone else pick up the new FB7 single and the first 7 BD box? Both are just as awesome as expected, the BD's are another solid H presentation. I can't wait until BV puts plus on bluray, and hell, I'd love to see a remaster of II as well.

Did anyone else pick up the new FB7 single and the first 7 BD box? Both are just as awesome as expected, the BD's are another solid H presentation. I can't wait until BV puts plus on bluray, and hell, I'd love to see a remaster of II as well.

So how is the new stuff, like the booklets and illustration collections?

What about the commentaries, how many/which episodes have them, etc?

So how is the new stuff, like the booklets and illustration collections?

What about the commentaries, how many/which episodes have them, etc?

The booklets are grear, including one just for sheet music. It's in real notation, not Basare scribble. I haven't checked out the commentaries to much, but everyone seemed to be having a good time on the bits of the first ep commentary I checked out.

I just did a bit of extra quick research and those are actually last week's figures. Therefore it sold over ten thousand upon release and then in the second week just over 4,000 copies. Funny thing is that it still managed to beat Shibasaki Kou that week even though Shibasaki is very mainstream, gets lots more attention than Macross and her single was a new entry that week.

• 4 weeks later...

I liked the disk as a whole. Though I am hoping for another anniversary soundtrack or something like Re:Fire again. I still listen to it a lot.

Err... you wanted to say ruin the classics, right?

I agree and disagree. After all is said and done, I did like the medley. I still love seeing the old FB stuff making it's way in to songs so many years later.

Nevertheless I do believe it would have been better if it was a Fukuyama/Kajiura rendition. Their vocals always hit the right spot for me. The sequences in the medley come off as weaker and contain a lot less energy than the original pieces because May'n/Megumi don't pair up anything like Yoshiki/Chie and sound entirely different. You inevitably get different feelings when listening.

Nevertheless I do believe it would have been better if it was a Fukuyama/Kajiura rendition. Their vocals always hit the right spot for me. The sequences in the medley come off as weaker and contain a lot less energy than the original pieces because May'n/Megumi don't pair up anything like Yoshiki/Chie and sound entirely different. You inevitably get different feelings when listening.

Actually there IS a version where all the synth is replaced by electric guitars and the song is done by Megumi, Fukuyama and Chie only (no May'n). The bad news is that it's only ever been done live. The good news is that it was recorded for a possible DVD release.