I would guess... 30 minutes of Frontier footage and 60 minutes of 7 footage maybe? Perhaps we'll be surprised.

We should be so lucky...

I think it's safer not to think of this as a new Macross movie. Think of it instead as a 90-minute commercial for the Mac7 Blu-ray set, designed to make it appealing for the Frontier fans.

Possibly. I just woke up about 20 minutes ago and haven't had coffee yet, but...

Sarcasm is usually done in response to someone (or something), right? Who's Terry responding to?

The word he was searching for was "irony", I presume

The show is reused Macross 7 footage with some new Frontier footage. This has been known for a while now and can be seen in the trailer.

Apart from the last frame, where there's a "new footage" VF19 fire valk that made us all drool over the possibility of a Basara cameo in 2059. : )

Apart from the last frame, where there's a "new footage" VF19 fire valk that made us all drool over the possibility of a Basara cameo in 2059. : )

And remember the "Fire VF-1 Super Valkyrie" they teased at the end of Itsuwari no Utahime?

Yeeeah... I'm going in with minimal expectations.

I wanna see Mylene & Ray wearing gray fedora hats & sunglasses & telling Viffidas that they are on a mission from Max to get the band back together.

Mostly stock footage or not I'll still watch it. :)

& THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the links to see it outside of Japan.

I wanna see Mylene & Ray wearing gray fedora hats & sunglasses & telling Viffidas that they are on a mission from Max to get the band back together.

THIS.

BUT:

Only if it includes Sivil showing up with a rocket launcher, and trying to kill them, and a massive hovercar/valk chase scene, involving the most massive pileup of cannon fodder in history, led by Leon driving a space Volkswagen. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Also, there will be special talk show event screenings with special guests Tetsuro Amino, Aya Endo, Megumi Nakajima and "more"...

http://anime.pia.jp/feature/macross/index.html

The problem is that I already paid for my non-special-event-normal-screening ticket. Sigh. This better be a good enough movie to want to see twice.... Argh!

Also, there will be special talk show event screenings with special guests Tetsuro Amino, Aya Endo, Megumi Nakajima and "more"...

http://anime.pia.jp/...ross/index.html

The problem is that I already paid for my non-special-event-normal-screening ticket. Sigh. This better be a good enough movie to want to see twice.... Argh!

Hey, at least you're seeing it opening day! I've gotta work, so next Thursday is the earliest slot that *I* have free...

Hey, at least you're seeing it opening day! I've gotta work, so next Thursday is the earliest slot that *I* have free...

Actually, I'm not seeing it on opening day (today)... the "usual suspects" are over there right now at the red-eye screening (9am), but I'm here at home spending a quiet Saturday morning doing laundry and recovering from a cold. Exciting life in Japan, folks.

Also, I just watched the new Led Zeppelin movie on Wednesday, which blew me away, so FB7 might come across as muted if I watch it too soon after that. You gotta spread out your blasts of ROCK for optimal effect, you know.

I might just go on Thursday, too, then. Maybe we can work something out?

Actually, I'm not seeing it on opening day (today)... the "usual suspects" are over there right now at the red-eye screening (9am), but I'm here at home spending a quiet Saturday morning doing laundry and recovering from a cold. Exciting life in Japan, folks.

Also, I just watched the new Led Zeppelin movie on Wednesday, which blew me away, so FB7 might come across as muted if I watch it too soon after that. You gotta spread out your blasts of ROCK for optimal effect, you know.

I might just go on Thursday, too, then. Maybe we can work something out?

Thursday afternoon sounds good.

Was this posted here?

It's the new song. Posted by the official Flying Dog channel -- in glorious 360p, of course (oh, Japan...).

Hey, i like this song. But now i can't stop thinking about vanquish race, weird.

Edited by valkyriechild