My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

CaptRico

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-group

I'm wondering if anyone out here on the Macross forums has ever got into watching "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"?

Am I the only brony here for that matter?

If this topic is unacceptable for the forum, please feel free to delete. But if it's alright to post here, then alrighty then.

Anyways, I'm posting this to see if any Macross fans are also Bronies and follow the current incarnation of MLP and its fandom.

Also, while on the topic, I have some ideas for a Macross crossover with MLP:FiM. I'll continue if this topic stays up. But for now, I want to find out the following:

"'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.' Like it or not? If so, what you like about it?"

Edited by azrael

Wow, a pony thread that's still open while I was on here. Awesome. ^_^

I like MLP, It's fun and well written and makes me nostalgic for the late 90's cartoons I grew up watching (Powerpuff girls, Dexter’s Lab, etc.)

I'm real bumed I had no way of getting SDCC toys this year. I want one of these but I don't want to shell out $100 on ebay for a $20 toy.

SDCC 2012 Derpy

:edit:

Also, swag:

http://www.shapeways.../shops/hashbros

Edited by anime52k8

I like this series a little bit. I checked it out after the initial wave of hype, and it's entertaining, but it doesn't hit me the way that some of the stuff it's been compared to. I don't like it as much as Pixar, or Foster's, etc. There are only a handful of episodes I'd watch again, but it was a fun show.

Lately I've been distancing myself from MLP because I've found more about extreme brony creepiness, but I have to remember it's not the cartoon's fault.

You're talking about the furries...I am dry heaving as I type this :mellow: . I like Foster's and PPG though!

Bingo. But to a *much* lesser degree, it's also about the adult fans who clamour that Hasbro cater to them above the actual target audience, and act incredibly smug on the rare times it happens.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Crom would disown you if you did... ;)

So... Is this like some M7 thing? Like people are all supposed to see the irony in super feminine/weak characters actually accomplishing something, then oops the joke-is-on-you they were serious... Is it like that?

So... Is this like some M7 thing? Like people are all supposed to see the irony in super feminine/weak characters actually accomplishing something, then oops the joke-is-on-you they were serious... Is it like that?

WTF are you talking about now. A lack of oily musclebound half naked men does "not" make anything feminine.

I've no idea. I have not checked out MLP:FiM, and have no intention to do so, whatsoever. I assume that it's very much a saccharine and insipid pablum for little kids, but with enough inside jokes, snide humor, and over-the-head-of-kiddies innuendo to make it palatable, and maybe even somewhat enjoyable, to many adults.

Lol hey man, for old time's sake, post up that top 10 list or whatever it was that cited the reasons why you hated M7 so much...

Lol hey man, for old time's sake, post up that top 10 list or whatever it was that cited the reasons why you hated M7 so much...

HAHA, moderaters specifically asked me not to post that list ever again. If you dig it up I certainly cant stop you.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brony

Brony

A name typically given to the male viewers/fans (whether they are straight, gay, bisexual, etc.) of the My Little Pony show or franchise. They typically do not give in to the hype that males aren't allowed to enjoy things that may be intended for females.

Uh, so its just like M7 then. I thought there was some deeper meaning than just being a show for *... *fill in the adjective.

while i'm certainly no "Brony" MLP and me do indeed go way back.

my mom had bought me a bunch of the original MLPs in their day,

i was but a four year old back then around '85ish.

"Applejack" was my favorite, i remember that much, at least.

mom had also gotten me several Rainbow Brite dolls around that same period,

including a plush of that incorrigibly narcissistic "Starlite" horse that RB always paraded around on.

i had watched my HBOed VHS recording of the "Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer" 1985 movie

more times than i can begin to even recall.

hell, that very well could've even been one of the key formative elements that led me down the dark path of the Otaku,

as that movie DID indeed have a rather Anime-ish look and feel about it, being a TOEI product and all.

i also recall mommy taking me to TACO BELL a s&*tload of times to collect the RB "Sprite" plushes

that they were including with kid's meals back then.

gee, good thing for me i was home-schooled back then; had any of that gotten out among peers,

i surely would've been beaten half to death by them more times than i care to begin to fathom.

that said, i DO have a pair of sole remnants of those halcyon childhood days,

and i'm much too old now to possibly feel ashamed to show them off;

(((FUN FACT; the VA of "GREY FOX/CYBORG NINJA" of "METAL GEAR SOLID; THE TWIN SNAKES" fame did indeed lend his talents to that MLP video as the main villain...)))

HR-S8000UJOHN-10-10-12.jpg

Edited by Shaorin