My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

CaptRico

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

is this a real thread? i guess it is! i was just messing around in the LLA and bringing up random topics like Carebears in the middle of a heated debate as didn't actually think stuff like this would be still around.

This franchise is still producing stuff? That's pretty impressive for something so old. crazy...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

eh...

um...

huh...

hmm...

have I mentioned that while I still like the show I've been too busy to keep up with season 3?

No problem. You have until November 23rd to catch up.

is this a real thread? i guess it is! i was just messing around in the LLA and bringing up random topics like Carebears in the middle of a heated debate as didn't actually think stuff like this would be still around.

This franchise is still producing stuff? That's pretty impressive for something so old. crazy...

There was just a movie, Equestria Girls, and season 4 starts this fall. For the last two years, Friendship is Magic has been one of the most productive fandoms that ever existed.

http://youtu.be/6fsxY5MgEmg

I bought a SDCC DJ Pon-3. No, I'm never going to try to take her out of the plastic. She just stands on the table behind Mitsune and her chair, beer mug, and speaker.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

not sure if this applies here but i saw a deal on my little pony so i thought to share a good deal:

http://slickdeals.net/f/6531284-my-little-pony-equestria-girls-rainbow-dash-hairstyling-doll-at-amazon-9-99-fsss?src=pdw

i'm running through SD! and saw a deal i thought to share:

http://slickdeals.net/f/7487694-set-of-5-my-little-pony-rainbow-pony-favorite-set-40-off-9-47-free-shipping-target?src=pdw&v=1

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Wow, is this still a thing? :blink:

donno, not a fan but i thought i'd help MW bc i ran across a slickdeal:)

edite: here's another on MLP from amazon that hit the SD! frontpage

http://slickdeals.net/f/7489052-my-little-pony-decorator-kits-pop-pinkie-pie-bakery-6-pop-fluttershy-cottage-5-15?v=1

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 6 months later...

WIthout cable, season 5 has been problematic. I've figured out how to watch it on my iphone, but not to shunt it to the TV. Thus, my daughter & I haven't seen any of it yet.

And her being a little something something lately has given me little incentive to try.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, azrael said:

I know there are Bronies here. 

I forgot this thread still existed.  I saw the teaser earlier today and I can't wait.

That being said...

1125875__safe_artist-colon-sketchmcreati

Of course, she's not one to talk, given the whole Rainbow Rocks thing.

Edited by Devil 505

Wow! my topic is still here?
Well, at least that counts for something.

I found a good Robotech/MLP crossover on FIMFiction:
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/62299/robotech-a-new-world

Now if only they can do a Macross crossover.

Edited by CaptRico

This place has a MLP thread? That's... unexpected. I'd have thought any fans here would have taken their fandom to EQD or something.

Speaking of fandom, what's the state nowadays? I stopped paying close attention after season 3 or so (after season 2 if I'm honest with myself), and completely after season 4. About the only thing MLP I still indulge in is the FimFlamFilosophy abridged series. I hear it's up to season 7 now? And there's a new Twilight proxy? And some new princesses? I remember the good old days when there were only two and they were gods...

54 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

This place has a MLP thread? That's... unexpected. I'd have thought any fans here would have taken their fandom to EQD or something.

Speaking of fandom, what's the state nowadays? I stopped paying close attention after season 3 or so (after season 2 if I'm honest with myself), and completely after season 4. About the only thing MLP I still indulge in is the FimFlamFilosophy abridged series. I hear it's up to season 7 now? And there's a new Twilight proxy? And some new princesses? I remember the good old days when there were only two and they were gods...

Yeah, during season 5, I think, Twilight & the Mane6 had a nemesis name Starlight Glimmer, and at the end of the last episode of S5, she became Twilight's "student" all the way through season 6. And at the end of Season 6, Starlight, along with Trixie & Discord, manage to turn the Changeling Hive into good. Except for Queen Chrysalis, she escaped. Oh! and during Season 5, the Cutie Mark Crusaders got their Cutie Marks.
IDK what S7 going to do, other than Starlight graduating from being Twi's student, and William Shatner guest staring in an episode. Season starts up on Arp. 15th.

Edited by CaptRico

1 minute ago, CaptRico said:

Yeah, during season 5, I think, Twilight & the Mane6 had a nemesis name Starlight Glimmer, and at the end of the last episode of S5, she became Twilight's "student" all the way through season 6. And at the end of Season 6, Starlight, along with Trixie & Discord, manage to turn the Changeling Hive into good. Except for Queen Chrysalis, she escaped.
IDK what S7 going to do, other than Starlight graduating from being Twi's student. Season starts up on Arp. 15th.

On top of that, there's been over 50 issues of the official MLP comics, and that's not counting the spinoff issues.

On a vaguely related note, has anyone here heard of Them's Fightin' Herds?  It began as an MLP fan game before the makers got a cease and desist from Hasbro.  Now, Lauren Faust herself has been working with the group to remake it with an original plot and characters.

15 minutes ago, Devil 505 said:

On top of that, there's been over 50 issues of the official MLP comics, and that's not counting the spinoff issues.

On a vaguely related note, has anyone here heard of Them's Fightin' Herds?  It began as an MLP fan game before the makers got a cease and desist from Hasbro.  Now, Lauren Faust herself has been working with the group to remake it with an original plot and characters.

Yeah, seen progress on Them Fightin' Herds. Good character design, and good story setting, from what I read on their site. I'm just waiting to see when the game will officially be out.

I remember the comics were waaaay better than the show writing (S3 and on anyway), and I always thought they would make for great episodes. Those character-specific ones especially made me laugh, like the "day in the life of Luna" one where she's characterized as a socially awkward eccentric, and the Pinkie Pie one with the great Watchmen reference.

Them's Fighting Herds looks like a great little fighting game if and when it finally comes out. I know the original was called MLP: Fighting is Magic and was nearly done when the CnD came about. There was enough progress on that game that at least two builds were released (one featured the Mane 6, the other had a larger cast) anonymously post-CnD. When Mane 6 Studios (I think that's the name) moved onto Them's Fighting Herds, the creators of Skullgirls, Lab Zero Games, actually gave them their game engine to use. (It happened after either M6 or LZ had a successful Kickstarter campaign.) If you know anything about Skullgirls, you should be able to expect a really solid fighting game. I don't play many fighters myself, but I always try to buy them when I can because I really love the community that's grown up around the genre.

• 2 months later...