My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

CaptRico

So there was this guy sitting two chairs over from me today at work and he pulls out his wallet and on it is a freaking pony. I couldn't believe it. I had discovered a real life Brony. I started laughing because I've read this thread so we started talking about it. It was an amusing conversation for sure. We compared our nerd loves and talked about military stuff. Funniest part was that this guy was a Marine and the last place I'd ever imagine finding a Brony. Totally made my day.

• 2 weeks later...

When copying stuff from a friend's drive recently, he's a heavy metal head, I noticed he had a folder titled MLP. I didn't know what it stood for, and he refused to answer me, so I cornered him that it was his p0rn.

He thought by saying yes, it is p0rn, it would get me off his case, but I open the folder, and played one of the files... I will never look at him the same. Five minutes later I made sure everyone on his FB page knew of these.

Next day he switched off his FB account from the onslaught, not as much from his guy friends, but the chick friends that shreaded his page with stuff like horn s3x.

Edited by Omegablue

When copying stuff from a friend's drive recently, he's a heavy metal head, I noticed he had a folder titled MLP. I didn't know what it stood for, and he refused to answer me, so I cornered him that it was his p0rn.

He thought by saying yes, it is p0rn, it would get me off his case, but I open the folder, and played one of the files... I will never look at him the same. Five minutes later I made sure everyone on his FB page knew of these.

Next day he switched off his FB account from the onslaught, not as much from his guy friends, but the chick friends that shreaded his page with stuff like horn s3x.

So he gives you some free music, and you make fun of his fandom on his FB account? Dick move.

HAHA, well done. I support peer ridicule. It is what made kids tougher in the past, and the lack of peer ridicule is why kids are worthless and weak today.

I don't have a pony in this race, but let me get this straight.

So you violated your friend's privacy for no justifiable reason, prompted all of his friends to start shaming him on Facebook, and then came to brag about it on this public forum. A forum which is ostensibly devoted to the musical adventures of cartoon teenagers and all of the associated merchandise which includes but is not limited to: artbooks of said cartoon teenagers which could get you arrested in certain states of the Union if people knew the ages of said characters and plastic girlfriend figures imported from the fetish mecca of the far east, many of which have removable articles of clothing. Not to mention how this place has several prominent threads devoted to said merchandise.

And you came here seeking approval.

Should I pull on the brakes here or just let the irony train slam into you?

Just LOL.

So basically you're a saint, you never prank on friends, and you're very quick yourself with the prosecution keyboard. (Can the Irony be spelt any louder there?)

Anyway, this how my friends and I roll, there's no sensitivity knob between us.

I wasn't looking for approval. I just shared a tale how peer pressure can have brony's on the run, and pointing out it was mostly the female gender that had goes instead of guys in that case.

Which is common for most of us with wives and girlfriends questioning our plastic addiction...

Violated his privacy? We were copying stuff in front of each other, he redded like a giggling lobster when trying to convince me it's dodgy p0rn, so yeah, I opened it, and it was and remains funny thinking it was p0rn but popped up MLP.

Even for him it's funny especially how he had to switch off his FB account, and we still laugh about the onslaught from the booby carriers.

And he got me back the following week when he switched the numbers and names of my ex to my present girlfriend on my phone.

And we laughed from that mess as well over pizza and etc, and that is what a real "Bro"-ny is all about. ;)

Outside the humour brackets, I really don't care if grown men want to sleep in pink pony themed beds. I mean, I collect plastic dolls and swoosh plastic planes at my age.

So I guess I either missworded my story, should have been detailed, or it was missread from it's actual intented context?

Peace. And still Bro-ny love you all. ;)

HAHA, well done. I support peer ridicule. It is what made kids tougher in the past, and the lack of peer ridicule is why kids are worthless and weak today.

It also perpetuates racism, sexism and homophobia; and leaves victims at higher risk of suicide and violent outbursts for the rest of their lives. Clearly that's building better functional members of society.

hmmm, urge for ponification rizing.... think i will watch an episode or two if i get the time after i watch Human Planet. Cant find any good cartoons on tv nowadays anyways.... not sure when tron uprising / green lantern will make more episodes, and the avengers show ended, so let me give ponies a try, afterall, i cant remember much about it when i was young anyways.

It also perpetuates racism, sexism and homophobia; and leaves victims at higher risk of suicide and violent outbursts for the rest of their lives. Clearly that's building better functional members of society.

Actually the opposite is the case. Bullying is policed heavily in schools now and suicide amongst kids is at its highest ever.

http://ontd-political.livejournal.com/8773906.html

http://meta.ath0.com/2010/05/24/new-study-on-bullying/

Gotta agree with Agent ONE on this.

The following is a rant, so click on the spoiler tag at your own risk :p.

Even a cursory look at current trends clearly indicates that there are a lot more basket cases around today, unable to cope with the demands/responsibilities or real life on any meaningful level, than even as little as 15-20 years ago. And what, pray tell, started rearing its ugly egalitarian head around 20-25 years ago?... I suggest the PC mentality, and the cult of unearned self esteem, that infected education and parenting: the coddling/excusing of failure, promoting of mediocrity, discouraging/punishing of excellence, elevating of what in earlier, saner, days would have been considered deviancy (Ex: social promotion -- holding little Johnny back a year would hurt his self esteem... never mind he didn't learn a thing to earn going to the next grade; no score keeping in children's sporting events -- having a winner would make the looser feel bad... can't have that as "everybody is a winner"; speech codes and "hate speech" bans as words are soooo destructive to their fragile little minds :rolleyes: , etc., ad nauseam. The examples are legion). It all adds up to a generation who never faced any form of real challenge/adversity who find themselves as young adults who not only can't compete, but also can't get over being denied anything; after all, up until that point they've always been handed what they wanted just 'because'.

The old 'quote' by Friedrich Nietzsche has lost all meaning in today's overly cocooned society.

Edited by mechaninac

I am so happy that the pretty pony thread is full of manly men who claim they known everything about modern society based on their own uneducated observations. Like the idea that policing bullying has done anything to effectively deal with it. Seems like all it has done is made people more aware of how much is going on (http://nces.ed.gov/programs/crimeindicators/crimeindicators2011/ind_11.asp) and shown a rapid increase from ten years prior (http://nces.ed.gov/pubs2003/schoolcrime/6.asp?nav=1) without actually stopping it. Even if it is policed more in schools, we have all of this wonderful social media that allows children to be cruel to each other through even more avenues. Just think back when we were kids if you wanted to hand out posters of some kid you hated eating dog feces you had to lay all the elements out and then photocopy it on the public library's copier.

But whatever it has to be because every child these days is a pussy. And a bunch of them are now dead pussies. Darwin's law baby.

Call it however/whatever you want; whatever makes you sleep better at night.... :rolleyes:

Edit: I apologize. I don't want this thread to get locked up for going OT and over nonsense.

Edited by Oihan

Don't listen to em Omega... Pointing and laughing at your friends will keep them from turning into pussies, which will help them in the long run. You are a man of the people.

:angry:

perhaps you should consider signing up here; http://www.neo-geo.com/

the mean average mentality of the member base over there would be a most perfect fit for you, i think... :angry:

Edited by Shaorin

My 4 yo girl is watching these on Netflix. I can't say I've seen even a minute though. Am I missing anything?

I concur. :lol:

I concur. :lol:

It depends on the extent of the ball busting. If it's just between friends and everyone knows nobody really means it, it can be entertaining. However, if it's people who aren't friends making fun of someone simply because they're different, then it's wrong. Those types of verbal and emotional abuse can cause long lasting effects and that person may carry those scars for life.

It depends on the extent of the ball busting. If it's just between friends and everyone knows nobody really means it, it can be entertaining. However, if it's people who aren't friends making fun of someone simply because they're different, then it's wrong. Those types of verbal and emotional abuse can cause long lasting effects and that person may carry those scars for life.

I am being a bit facetious but I think everyone needs some humility instead of being coddled. Everyone has issues they're embarrassed of and being teased about it is a necessity. As in anything, some fools will take things too far but the whole bullying business is way overblown and I fully agree with A1's general sentiment, if not it's tact (or lack thereof). Getting past shame and accepting and learning from our failings is an important part of the maturation process just like being able to dish it out and take it.

Edited by Uxi