The end credits scene for this movie makes just as much, or as little, sense as the end credits scene from The Avengers. If you're familiar with the comics you'd know either Thanos or Apocalypse. If not, they're just a pair of weird looking Purple or Blue guys.

Considering the source AND the material, that's some pretty high praise.

-b.

I still can't get over the original X-Men cast and their never-ending supply of black clothing. There is a large chunk of this movie that just feels like a superhero movie made over a decade ago, aesthetically speaking. I really prefer time spent with the newer cast who exists in the past and don't have the burden to carry on the look of the earlier X-movies.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Has anyone here seen "The Rogue Cut" of this film? Once you get past the second act, it becomes a very different movie...

- After Wolverine takes the mobsters' car, the girl he was sleeping with tries to tag along, but he tells her to split.

- Peter/Quicksilver appears to have two younger sisters.

- Nixon: "F*ck me."

- As Kitty is losing a lot of blood due to being accidentally cut by Wolverine, Professor X, Magneto and Iceman head to the former X-Mansion to spring Rogue. Iceman is incinerated by the Sentinels during their escape. Professor X shakes a Sentinel off the X-Jet, but its severed hand clutches to the aircraft and acts as a homing beacon for other Sentinels to find the X-Men's hideout.

- Rogue absorbs Kitty's powers and takes over in keeping Wolverine in the past.

- Beast asking Wolverine if he makes it in the future war is in Logan's room instead of at the White House grounds.

- Mystique does not fly directly to Washington, D.C.; instead, she goes back to the school and makes out with Beast before sneaking in the basement and destroying Cerebro. They still figure that she's headed for D.C., anyway.

- A new mid-credits scene shows Bolivar Trask imprisoned in Magneto's former cell.

Overall, the Rogue Cut doesn't do much to improve the already excellent storyline; it's just there to shoehorn in Rogue's scenes.

Edited by areaseven

Has anyone here seen "The Rogue Cut" of this film? Once you get past the second act, it becomes a very different movie...

- After Wolverine takes the mobsters' car, the girl he was sleeping with tries to tag along, but he tells her to split.

- As Kitty is losing a lot of blood due to being accidentally cut by Wolverine, Professor X, Magneto and Iceman head to the former X-Mansion to spring Rogue. Iceman is incinerated by the Sentinels during their escape. Professor X shakes a Sentinel off the X-Jet, but its severed hand clutches to the aircraft and acts as a homing beacon for other Sentinels to find the X-Men's hideout.

- Rogue absorbs Kitty's powers and takes over in keeping Wolverine in the past.

- Mystique does not fly directly to Washington, D.C.; instead, she goes back to the school and makes out with Beast before sneaking in the basement and destroying Cerebro. They still figure that she's headed for D.C., anyway.

- A new mid-credits scene shows Bolivar Trask imprisoned in Magneto's former cell.

Overall, the Rogue Cut doesn't do much to improve the already excellent storyline; it's just there to shoehorn in Rogue's scenes.

I've watched and love both versions of the movie.

I've watched and love both versions of the movie.

Same here. Seeing Rogue get more involved as a team member is bitter sweet, though. I hope at some point the movie-verse X-Men can "upgrade" Rogue properly. I don't know if they can use Ms. Marvel or if they will have to go with another character, but I think there's more to Rogue that's fitting the big screen.