Yes

He takes an injection that suppresses his mutant power in exchange for the use of his legs without excruciating pain.

That's lame. A better excuse would be if he uses his power for selfish reasons and focuses all of it into bypassing the pain so he can walk at the expense of not being able to do anything else with his powers. Like a really selfish, messed up use of excessive force.

Knock yourselves out.

I've always found the X-Men scores Singer was a part of interesting simply because he's a fan of bands like Conjure One and I think he lets, or picks, composers who are willing to incorporate some of the more subtle sounds like them.

That was miles better than I expected.

Well executed with a few minor problems.

I thought Colossus skin looked really cheesy. Where are the Ridges?

Since when could Kitty Pride create time travel?

How does Logan's healing factor extend to his mind? He doesn't have a psychic healing factor? That also played no role in his past self.. he wasn't in anymore pain that usual.

Evan Peters was really great as *ahem*

quicksilver

. That was by far the coolest and best use of freeze frame technology I've seen since the Matrix, well over 15 years ago. I didn't see that coming at all haha.

Overall it's the best X-men movie I've seen in ages... maybe period. I was a bit fatigued on wolverine and the X-men movies but they really did a great job.

Edited by Gakken85

Just got from seeing X-men, and it was the best entry in the franchise so far. Kudos to Vaughn and Singer, they fixed the most glaring problems with some of the previous titles in the franchise. I really loved the new mutants that they introduced, awesome displays of their talents and abilities. Some of the action pieces finally depicted what a lot of the fans have been screaming for since day one (the X-men fighting together as a team). I'll have to make time this week to see it again. Macavoy and Fassbender are great. I wish we will get more of them in the future. X-men and winter soldier have been the best entries so far in this summer list of blockbusters.

Stay for the after credits as others have stated. There are several cool nods to the Comics.

Ditto Gakken. I think this is the best film in the series. Most franchises get progressively worse over time.

Edited by Golden Arms

Just got back from seeing it, was damn good. I agree with all of the high points already mentioned by folks like Mog, Mr. March and others. Easily the best X-film made to date.

The post-credits scene was kind of an emotional meh considering how the movie played out but I'm interested to see where they go with this.

And

X-Men:The Last Stand is dead and gone..THANK YOU!

-b.

Saw it yesterday, fantastic movie. I don't really follow the X-Men movies as much as the Avengers characters, but they did a very good job writing this one and every character shines in good ways. The Sentinels were outright terrifying, and they showed some pretty graphic main character deaths to really drive the point home.

The end credits confirm otherwise, but did anyone else see

Stryker

and constantly wonder if Sean William "Stifler" Scott was in this movie?

The character in the post-credits scene also looked a little effeminate to me, so much so that I thought it was a woman until I looked it up later... they should have used one of the guys who played the Prometheus Engineers or something.

Yeah, they gave the proverbial F# to Last Stand. Which is what everyone wanted. The design for Colossus is still pretty weak, but oh well.

Most will miss it,

But the post credit scene subtly shows 4 other characters.

Edited by Golden Arms

Just got back from seeing it, was damn good. I agree with all of the high points already mentioned by folks like Mog, Mr. March and others. Easily the best X-film made to date.

The post-credits scene was kind of an emotional meh considering how the movie played out but I'm interested to see where they go with this.

And

X-Men:The Last Stand is dead and gone..THANK YOU!

-b.

It just makes the movie all that much better. The sweetest of victories. The film blog headlines should read; "Ratner shafted by Singer, no lube" :):D

No it wasn't, it is what some (not all) vocal fans wanted, don't generalize.

Everyone = majority

Maybe you can have a movie marathon with 90's Godzilla and XM:TLS to make yourself feel better.

-b.

It was cool how they tied up all the different strands. Striker, Wolverine, Jean, and the professor.

Cleaned up the old movies nicely.

Two of the most popular online film critics talk more about the movie.

Spoiler Talk (Do not watch unless you've seen the film!)

Never seen these guys. Stuckmann was good, though it felt like he was just talking about the cool points of the movie.. and he reaaaaaaally likes cyclops haha.

Jahns is a little annoying haha

Can't wait for the redlettermedia review.

Which is what everyone wanted.

No it wasn't, it is what some (not all) vocal fans wanted, don't generalize.

This^

I have no problems with X3.

Kind of interesting - VERY SPOILERY;

And a little bit funny.

-b.

At least do it right...

WhpIKg5.jpg

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

Another point to add regarding the movie, characters and who the story revolved around;

Initially I thought and vehemently defended that Wolverine would be the central character, and while he was the link that bridged the two timelines the story really was about Xavier, Magneto and Raven with all other X-Men, including Wolverine as minor to major ancillary characters.

The whole theme of hope for a better future and with peaceful co-existence has been the central theme of X-Men since their creation and this movie really captured that, especially with the three main characters.

Very happy to have been wrong about that.

-b.

Why does future Logan have gray in his hair? Lol

Because he's supposed to, he's Old Logan, that's how it was in the comic as well. No he doesn't age, but they still wanted a slight physical indication that this man has been alive for over 200 years.

Kaneda, good points about the theme.

But I continue to have an issue, with some aspects of the films. The X-men has always been symbolic of a multicultural, religious, and sexual acceptance. But looking at theses films with a critical eye it astounds me how they continue to whitewash and underrepresent women and minorities in these films. It has taken them literally five films before they had a female character that was on par with the male leads. I too was worried that they were going to devote way too much time with Hugh Hackman. I'm glad that I was wrong on that account as McAvoy Lawrence and Fassbender really shined. I want more of them going forward. The X-men have been extremely popular with many young women as there are so many empowering female characters for young women to relate to. I also have a issue with the fact that the only real minority characters in the film are the X-men of the future and they are all brutally killed!! Not trying to bag on the film too heavily, as I loved it and it's easily the best film I've seen this year. And it has attempted to tackle some of the issues I mentioned in a summertime blockbuster which takes guts. Singer is a talented filmmaker and DOFP reminded me how awesome the comic world can be translated to film when you have directors that are heavily vested in story and character development. Word has it that the next film might include Gambit and Nightcrawler, and younger recast versions of the X1 cast. Not digging Channing Tatum as Gambit though. Guy can't act and I really liked Taylor Kitske as Gambit. Tatum is too frat boy for my liking. I hope we also get Archangel.

Edited by Golden Arms

Kaneda, good points about the theme.

But I continue to have an issue, with some aspects of the films. The X-men has always been symbolic of a multicultural, religious, and sexual acceptance. But looking at theses films with a critical eye it astounds me how they continue to whitewash and underrepresent women and minorities in these films. It has taken them literally five films before they had a female character that was on par with the male leads. I too was worried that they were going to devote way too much time with Hugh Hackman. I'm glad that I was wrong on that account as McAvoy Lawrence and Fassbender really shined. I want more of them going forward. The X-men have been extremely popular with many young women as there are so many empowering female characters for young women to relate to. I also have a issue with the fact that the only real minority characters in the film are the X-men of the future and they are all brutally killed!! Not trying to bag on the film too heavily, as I loved it and it's easily the best film I've seen this year. And it has attempted to tackle some of the issues I mentioned in a summertime blockbuster which takes guts. Singer is a talented filmmaker and DOFP reminded me how awesome the comic world can be translated to film when you have directors that are heavily vested in story and character development. Word has it that the next film might include Gambit and Nightcrawler, and younger recast versions of the X1 cast. Not digging Channing Tatum as Gambit though. Guy can't act and I really liked Taylor Kitske as Gambit. Tatum is too frat boy for my liking. I hope we also get Archangel.

Where there is Apocolypse, the Angel of Death can't be far behind. Or ahead, rather, since he's supposed to be a harbinger.

Edited by RD Blade

Golden Arms

I won't defend the lack of females and minorites in popular culture, because anyone with a brain knows they are woefully underrepresented. But I will say that we should pick our battles wisely. IMO, faulting X-Men: DoFP is not the right battle when it's assuredly one of the few films actually trying to make changes through the script and casting. Again, don't misunderstand me; I know this latest X-Men film could do better than it already has for women, gays and ethnic minorites. I'm just saying this is one of the films clearly pushing forward in terms of equality and inclusiveness. I don't think it's fair to lean on this X-Men movie that harshly unless the reason is to use the film to raise awareness about the larger issues. We have too damned few of these kinds of movies with representation and legitmate female characters. I don't want to lynch the few champions we have just because they don't represent a total utopia yet, if you don't mind me saying. Trust me, as a minority myself I know better than most. But the best way to win the hearts and minds of people is not to preach or hold our minority woes over the privelaged, but to lead by example and ALWAYS demand to be heard/seen/represented.

The worst crime one can commit against minorities is to deny their reflection in our popular culture.

The Slashfilm podcast (a regular listen of mine) also made these points, but they didn't touch fairly on them. Remember, plenty of white mutant characters were also killed. Again, I'm not dismissing the fact that the film's leads were all straight white folks, just yet again saying to pick our battles wisely. The critical community has an unfortunate intellectual vanity that demands they jump on the political bandwagon even when critiquing progressive entertainment and that only hurts the cause. There were a few wins in this film for females and gays that went unrecognized by many of the critic bloggers and podcasters, including some of my regulars (for which I am saddened). So I think we're better served praising the film for it's virtues and reminding that we want "more of that" in more films and successive films in this series.

Anyway, hope that was worth the read :)

Edited by Mr March

Because there is no Just for Men in the future.

-b.

Hahaha.

Logan still ages, he just does it really, really slowly.

He isn't immortal

Also

I remember talking about killing Wolverine for decades with other comic geeks. I always thought the surefire way to do it was to drown him. I don't see how his healing factor could bring him back from brain death. It's not like it would regenerate his brain, and bring him back to life after he's already dead. Is he a vampire, or a mutant with a powerful healing factor? I mean if that's true he could grow back from a single cell or something. As long as he was down there he should have died. I thought it was odd too that kitty was basically keeping him in the past while he was drowning. Awwwwwwkward. Payback for cutting him up?

Some people say he doesn't age but I've never agreed with that.... he would look like a child all his life and never have wrinkles or anything. Again, like a vampire or something haha. Who knows how many years a logan year equals, but he has to die eventually.

Edited by Gakken85

I enjoyed the new movie. What bugged at first was that I thought Professor X died in The Last Stand till I read about the post credits scene that I never heard of or saw, lol.

Same here. After I watched this I went ahead and looked up the last stand in wiki and there it was, a hint in a post credits scene that the professor was alive.

C'mon guys, in this day and age everyone should know that you need to stick around 'till the very end of the credits...