I'm still very on the fence about this, I liked this trailer more than the previous ones, but I still can't help but think there's been too much shuffling of the cast and characters involved for everything to be in good shape.

Other then being the primary vehicle did everyone complaining about "too much Wolverine" not notice that except for a tiny bit of dialog almost the entire trailer is interaction between Xavier and Magnus? Wolverine might be in it but so far what they've shown is a lot of Magneto/Professor X interaction driving the story, as it should be.

Did you notice that Hugh Jackman has top billing over the credits? Did you notice that the lead in for this movie was The Wolverine or that the next Wolverine sequel has a write on board? It's really not even debatable that these movies tend to revolve heavily around Wolverine and Hugh Jackman.

The major plot seems to evolve around future Xavier and Magnus and their past counterparts to avoid the future shown, so of course the trailer is going to illustrate that, but make no mistake they probably aren't the alpha-male/protagonist main attractions. It'll be all about Wolvy's misadventures as he tries to get them to play nice and save the future.

And those aren't complaints from me, just observations of what is, and best guesses based on them.

Regarding Cyclops as the quintessential X-Man, I wholeheartedly agree, for the comics that is (even though I'm not sure what's going on with the character in that medium) but he was pretty useless and disposable in the 1st and 2nd X-Men movies. Blame the writers for zeroing in on Wolverine as the most popular X-character.

And @ Duke - phrasing (in my best Archer voice). :lol:

-b.

Isn't the comic called "Wolverine and the X-Men" these days?

I seem to recall a time back in the 1990's before these films were made where EVERYBODY was screaming for an X-Men film and in particular that it should focus on Wolverine. (That was also when people wanted the likes of DeNiro in the role) How times change.

Better trailer than what we've seen before, but I still can't get that Bryan Singer taste out of my mouth.

LOL. Here. Have a fresh mint then.......

I am impressed by the trailer, but I'm still not swayed. I want to hear what my podcasts have to say and any word of mouth about this film BEFORE I go near it. The X-Men films have been mediocre for a long time and I'm not so enamored with the franchise that I'll endure another "okay X-Men film". Bryan Singer started out as a very promising filmmaker, making solid films from The Usual Suspects and Apt Pupil to X-Men and X2. But after that, quality dropped off sharply; only "Valkyrie" had any spark to it and that wasn't enough to call it great. His X-films may have been the only good ones, but his subsequent bad reputation is a big hurdle to overcome in convincing me he's still worth watching. The year 2003 was a LONG time ago and I'm not willing to carry anyone that long unless they prove worth carrying.

The X-men isn't about Mystique either, why is Jennifer Lawrence taking second spot? Two biggest actors/characters are the biggest ones on the poster.

The point is that Wolverine (good, bad or indifferent) is the face of the X-Men movie universe, something you wanted to dispute for this movie based on the latest trailer.

For the record Jennifer Lawrence is billed after James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender - in that order (the 2:23 second mark). The poster was just a small jab because it's all Wolverine (and Mystique as you point out) and a bunch of 'lil tiny X-Men.

-b.

Why wouldn't Wolverine be the lead?

The movie will visit 2 timelines. In both timelines we have Professor X and Magneto. Plus a bunch of supporting mutants. Wolverine is the character that is going to act as the bridge between both timelines. It makes sense for there to be a strong focus on him.

Why wouldn't Wolverine be the lead?

The movie will visit 2 timelines. In both timelines we have Professor X and Magneto. Plus a bunch of supporting mutants. Wolverine is the character that is going to act as the bridge between both timelines. It makes sense for there to be a strong focus on him.

So you're right, he is the lead most definitely. I'm hoping it's not going to be "Wolverine Centric" as it does seem to follow the relationship of Professor X and Magneto both young and old. Hopefully they won't squander Fassbender and McAvoy's chemistry from the previous movie. I still argue the previous movie was terrible because it didn't feature either of them nearly enough, they were the heart, and I hope they remain that way. That being said, it'll still be cool to see Wolverine tin-foil a Sentinel.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, Hugh Jackman is ripped.

LOL

Still trying to wrap my head around Kitty Pryde being able to send someone's consciousness back in time in conjunction with being able to phase through solid objects. But whatever...

-b.

Mutants LSD, Peyote, PCP and Magic Mushroom aka Psilocybin. Those guys are just ass.

LOL

in the original story a telepath transported kitty into the future.

in this version a telepath and a space/time mutant will transfer wolverine into the past.

LOL

in the original story a telepath transported kitty into the future.

in this version a telepath and a space/time mutant will transfer wolverine into the past.

In the featurette video it was explained and shown that it's Kitty that transports Wolverine's consciousness.

-b.

In the featurette video it was explained and shown that it's Kitty that transports Wolverine's consciousness.

-b.

In one trailer the older Prof speaks to the younger one (or appears to) so there's at least a few different ways that communication seems to be transpiring across time.

Let's hope we see others superheroes killed too, that would make the Marvel movies universe a more coherent world (providing the same studio owns the rights to all Marvel characters?)

And I hope Wolverine will get restored to full Adamantium skeleton by Magneto sometime early in the movie, the pathetic bone claws have to go...

He is shown with metal claws in that picture at the end of the trailer so there's hope

Lol so I read an article earlier that said Anna Paquin's single scene as Rogue has now been re-added into the movie, and is no longer cut. I don't know, I still have extremely mixed feelings about this film, I'll definitely go see it, but I'm sadly not expecting much.

Damn, that's a pity. I just found this helpful map of movie rights if anyone else was wondering who owns which :

http://comicsalliance.com/marvel-character-film-rights-infographic/

only thing wrong with that graphic is that Namor was re-aquired by marvel at the same time Hulk was, and last I checked the rights to man-thing had also lapsed.