• 1 month later...

I'm surprised no one here caught this - Rogue has been cut from the film.

“Through the editing process, the sequence became extraneous. It’s a really good sequence and it will probably end up on the DVD so people can see it. But like many things in the editing process, it was an embarrassment of riches and it was just one of the things that had to go. Unfortunately, it was the one and only sequence Anna Paquin was in, the Rogue character was in. Even though she’s in the materials and part of the process of making the film, she won’t appear in it.” - Bryan Singer

Regardless of what the comic purists think of Anna Paquin's portrayal of Rogue, it was a waste to just ditch her DOFP footage. Take into consideration that she's a past Oscar winner (Best Supporting Actress in The Piano, at age 11) and she participated in last year's Comic-Con to promote the film. All of that, for nothing.

But as Bryan Singer mentioned, that footage will be on the Blu-ray/DVD bonus features. Maybe even on a Director's Cut edition.

Christopher Lee got really annoyed when his footage was removed from the theatrical cut of Return of the King. He boycotted the opening as a result. Still hasn't prevented his involvement in LOTR since then though, but he made his feelings clear about being cut from the theatrical version at the right time. (His footage was reinstated in the Extended Edition of course)

The Sentinels look good. I was waiting to see if anyone posted about Quicksilver and the internet fan-rage that's apparently going on. Personally I think his costume looks horrible, and along with Bishop and Sunspot for the worst of the group.

IMHO future Wolverine, Blink and poor Rogue look the best. Everyone else and their respective costume/uniforms are "meh".

-b.

"Well, what would you prefer? Yellow spandex?"

Why is that always the go to reply when people critique movie super hero costumes? First Class had it right... Magnetos Helmet alone was way better in that movie. Suckage is suckage, and Bryan singer's costume sensibilty sucked across 2 superhero movie-verses.

Why is that always the go to reply when people critique movie super hero costumes? First Class had it right... Magnetos Helmet alone was way better in that movie. Suckage is suckage, and Bryan singer's costume sensibilty sucked across 2 superhero movie-verses.

I'm confused, what is the other one besides x-men?

• 1 month later...

Okay, now I'm excited for this.

*Agree, but Wolverine has undoubtedly become the face of the X-Men movie-verse/franchise so there's no way around that. But who knows this movie might still have one of the most iconic Wolverine comic moments in the film.

-b.

Okay, now I'm excited for this.

*Agree, but Wolverine has undoubtedly become the face of the X-Men movie-verse/franchise so there's no way around that. But who knows this movie might still have one of the most iconic Wolverine comic moments in the film.

-b.

Ooo. I hope it's the one with the Sentinel. (Uncanny X-Men #142)

Too much Wolverine.

*Agree, but Wolverine has undoubtedly become the face of the X-Men movie-verse/franchise so there's no way around that.

Isn't the comic called "Wolverine and the X-Men" these days?

Other then being the primary vehicle did everyone complaining about "too much Wolverine" not notice that except for a tiny bit of dialog almost the entire trailer is interaction between Xavier and Magnus? Wolverine might be in it but so far what they've shown is a lot of Magneto/Professor X interaction driving the story, as it should be.

Bah, no Cyclops, no Jean Grey, too much Wolverine, no thanks.

This! I lost all faith with Cyclops being reduced to some third tier character and then killed off.

Out of all the Marvel movie universes, this is the one that needs a reboot, but noooo it keeps limping on to annoy me.

Other then being the primary vehicle did everyone complaining about "too much Wolverine" not notice that except for a tiny bit of dialog almost the entire trailer is interaction between Xavier and Magnus? Wolverine might be in it but so far what they've shown is a lot of Magneto/Professor X interaction driving the story, as it should be.

Isn't the comic called "Wolverine and the X-Men" these days?

Any Wolverine is too much Wolverine.

:p

Days of Future Past comics Kitty Pryde is the one sent back in time. In this coming movie it looks like Wolverine is the one being sent back. He's basically stealing his protege's role in the movie. Comics DoFP = Kitty Pryde vehicle. Fox Mutant DoFP movie = Wolverine.

This link sums it all:

https://allthetropes.orain.org/wiki/Wolverine_Publicity

I don't remember Magneto/Xavier being featured prominently in the comics in this story arc so it's intriguing. Mystique looks to be taking a more active role. Is it just Jennifer Lawrence or is Rebecca Stamos going to appear as well?

This! I lost all faith with Cyclops being reduced to some third tier character and then killed off.

Out of all the Marvel movie universes, this is the one that needs a reboot, but noooo it keeps limping on to annoy me.

I agree. Cyclops IS X-men.