Trailer worked for me. The performances look really good, which was the best thing about the last X-film. That being said, I'm getting really tired of these generic "epic-trailers" that simply rip off Zimmer's score from Inception. It's either the big boom...or the sad piano (in this case the latter). Either way it's damn annoying.

That's the score from "Sunshine" in the trailer, March.

Yeah this is one of the many reasons why i lost interest in x-men in general (comics included). The insistence that Wolverine be in the spotlight 100% of the time. Personally i think he works best as a supporting character. That cartoon from a few years back even put Cyclops under Wolverine's leadership.

The new trailer is not well done at all. And it's doubly cursed by looking like a last-gen comic book movie rather then a current-gen. Of course, as we all know, a trailer does not make a movie.

Oh, and Sunshine.

Would you prefer something more bombastic? Were there too few explosions?

The trailer looks beautiful to me.

Agree with Wolverine working best as a very strong supporting character, but with Hugh Jackman being a bigger star/box office draw than "that dude" that played Cyclops + Wolverine as a huge fan favorite just dictate that Wolvy be the center of the X-Movie universe.

And epic music makes epic movie epic. At least that's the theory.

-b.

I agree, the movies are banking on Hugh Jackman's star power over James Marsden's (the most screwed over man in movies). In terms of storytelling however I find Cyclops a much more compelling character. Wolvie is the dark loner without a past who acts as the brawn to Cyc's brains. Cyc is the strong leader character with a haunted past, a pilot, engineer, physics expert and shoots freaking laser beams from his eyes, how is he considered less cool then the guy with a steel skeleton and healing factor? I think this video shows my opinion of wolvie best:

http://youtu.be/mhko3m7D6UA

That's the score from "Sunshine" in the trailer, March.

Yes, and it sounds like one of the two Inception pieces, used and reused. I could care less whether it's chronological or not, I know why they chose Murphy's score and that's the point. A played out style is a played out style and like I said, I'm bored with it for every damned trailer.

Yes, and it sounds like one of the two Inception pieces, used and reused. I could care less whether it's chronological or not, I know why they chose Murphy's score and that's the point. A played out style is a played out style and like I said, I'm bored with it for every damned trailer.

But it doesn't go BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

It was also using Zimmer's score to "The Thin Red Line" the piece is called "journey to the line" It's one of my favorites.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TG9-j3eevL4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTG9-j3eevL4

Thought the trailer was nice as well. I can always count on this site to crap on everything.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

The music does get used a heck of a lot here and there, but I like it so I don't care......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SbnqIIkXQc

I like it too but it really takes me out of a movie when i hear reused music. When i first saw that scene in kick ass it kinda ruined that scene because i started thinking how odd that they're reusing music from a movie that came out a year or two ago.

Mind you it's worse when movies recycle special effect scenes like that b movie (space something or other..i forget) that uses all the Galactica SFX shots from the original BSG.

Translation. "I've just shat all over something you happen to like. I'm unrepentant and don't care. You'll live."

Pot, stop calling the kettle black and trying to start a fight. And again, IT'S JUST A TRAILER. The movie might be fantastic. Who knows?

Seriously guys, it's just a TEASER TRAILER. Yes, they'll use music from who knows where. A good chunk of the VFX isn't even done yet. It's just suppose to grab your interest. That's all.

Singer even did a breakdown of the shots here: http://www.empireonline.com/features/x-men-days-of-future-past-trailer-breakdown/p1

Looks great,its just a teaser guys,take what you can from it but dont run the film down without seeing it first. The trailer did its purpose and i am teased and excited. looks great, and Days of Future Past is one of my fav x-men stories so im glad to see it get the film treatment.

What I don't get is the Music from Sunshine has been in legal limbo for years, hence there's no "official" soundtrack.

Yet someone seems to be selling the main title track around. It's also been used for Sports.

I love Sunshine.

Sorry, back to the topic.

It's available on iTunes...

https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/sunshine-music-from-motion/id297702863

Seems that Zimmer doesn't like it either. The music from the Inception trailer wasn't used in the film soundtrack. (thank god)

Seems that Zimmer doesn't like it either. The music from the Inception trailer wasn't used in the film soundtrack. (thank god)

If I recall this isn't the first time Zimmer has rolled his eyes about overexposure of his "Inception" score, but he has every right to do so. Of course, good film scores have been reused and abused before (like Horner's memorable work in "Aliens" being used for many a film trailer), but our modern film era has taken repetition of these musical cues to a ludicrous extreme.

• 3 weeks later...

To the best of my knowledge X-Men was Marvel's commentary on race and/or other "isms". Since those are themes still very much prevalent in society I'd not call those particular plat points one-trick ponies or take away from the fact that these for many folks are still very real issues.

If you mean that the X-Men movie franchise should not take itself so seriously because the size and scope of the story can't be "epic" or "serious" then I'd disagree, it'd just take the right mix of creative talent to make it happen. Whether or not that happens with Days of Future Past happens remains to be seen, but I always thought the story as presented in comic was pretty epic.

-b.