Wonderfest Summer 2012 Pics

Tochiro

Since A lot of pics from Wonderfest (today) will no doubt start trickling in over the next few days, I thought I'd start a general thread for them.

The pics that follow are some that I took at Yamato's booth. It's late so I won't be resizing or making any additional notes on them for now. Enjoy!

post-9325-0-75209100-1343563597_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-16993400-1343563603_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-80588200-1343563608_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-58182400-1343563613_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-29170500-1343563618_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-52430700-1343563623_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-14577200-1343563628_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-53931800-1343563633_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-97754000-1343563637_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-23164600-1343563656_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-71637500-1343563660_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-37900000-1343563665_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-56721700-1343563671_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-46199600-1343563676_thumb.jpg post-9325-0-43166200-1343563683_thumb.jpg

post-9325-0-98779200-1343563693_thumb.jpg

Yeah! Finally! VF19-P! I was waiting all day to see the Yamato coverage from WF2012.

There's a colored sample in the wide shot too! No photography allowed though.

Thanks for sneaking a wide shot Tohiro.

Edited by IXTL

VF-4G LITNING III ?... :blink::rolleyes::D

It's LIGHTNING, Yamato... It's still amazing to me that in this day and age, with the internet as an available resource for proofreading, companies still manage to F'-Up the spelling of English words on their products; it's one thing to misspell words in the IB, but to do it to the item's name on a promotional poster, and often on the product's box, is just sloppy (I really want to say stupid and unforgivable, but I want to be kind here).

Other than that, the bird looks superb. I'm so sold on it.

Whoah. What scale are those figures? They look to be bout 1/24, If they're 1/60 I definitely want. I guess the Softbi Britai is definitely vaporware.

Fire bomber in 1/60 would be awesome! For some reason, I feel like they are dropping a hint with those figures. The fact they are finally releasing the 19-P is a pleasant surprise, I have not seen anything on it since last year or so(time flies I may be off), when we saw the resin prototype in gray. I hope by next year we have Mylene's VF-11 MAXL and Ray & Veffidas VF-17T. I am glad they are also showing the Alaska base scheme also, hope it releases soon. :D

Edited by Loop

They seriously want to release the vf-19p THIS year? Oh my aching wallet! I have to say if Bandai had this type of monthly release for Frontier, it would end up costing us outside of Japan much more than Yamato's high prices, I know I will get my Yamato preorders in soon!

I think I would like the vf-1d kit better if it didn't come with some parts cast in orange plastic, but I will still get one, hopefully on sale!

Ps: no Bandai love at WF?

(null)

Finally, some full photos of the VF-19P! So here's the big question: Is that really the base color? Or is it actually white and the lighting used is just affecting its appearance on the photo?

Edited by kamadoma

Whoah. What scale are those figures? They look to be bout 1/24, If they're 1/60 I definitely want. I guess the Softbi Britai is definitely vaporware.

If they are the same figures as the ones they had on display at their office last year (and I'm 97% certain they are -- I didn't go to WF), then yes, they are 1/60. I wasn't allowed to post photos but I did mention them on the boards a couple of times. :) They also didn't say exactly how/if they were going to market them, my guess is they don't actually know yet.

So, what's special about this VF-19P versus any version that's come before? I was looking to pick up an older release off eBay or something, but should I wait for the new one?

The 19P is based off of the the VF-19 mold Yamato started with the 19Kai. It has the longer wings like the Kai but it lacks the horrible, eye-sore red color but add's shoulder speaker pauldrons.

If they are the same figures as the ones they had on display at their office last year (and I'm 97% certain they are -- I didn't go to WF), then yes, they are 1/60. I wasn't allowed to post photos but I did mention them on the boards a couple of times. :) They also didn't say exactly how/if they were going to market them, my guess is they don't actually know yet.

I remember that now... I think I posted the exact same thing... lol.

The 19P is based off of the the VF-19 mold Yamato started with the 19Kai. It has the longer wings like the Kai but it lacks the horrible, eye-sore red color but add's shoulder speaker pauldrons.

And the little fins on top of the shoulders.

And the ventral fins on the legs.

And the little fins on top of the shoulders.

You're talking about the same thing, aren't you?

I only watched Dynamite 7 once, I honestly can't remember if it has the same "opening" shoulders like Basara's or not for the speakers.

It doesn't have hidden speakers. It uses the speaker fins mounted on top of the shoulder's instead.

Again, since I didn't get a reply, any ideas what is the actual color of the 19P?

For whatever odd reason not all of the pictures from Wonderfest are posted here in this thread but there are some actual images of the painted up version on the MacrossWorld Homepage that will give you a good idea what the actual color of the product should be.

VF-4G LITNING III ?... :blink::rolleyes::D

It's LIGHTNING, Yamato... It's still amazing to me that in this day and age, with the internet as an available resource for proofreading, companies still manage to F'-Up the spelling of English words on their products; it's one thing to misspell words in the IB, but to do it to the item's name on a promotional poster, and often on the product's box, is just sloppy (I really want to say stupid and unforgivable, but I want to be kind here).

I can't tell you the number of times I've read articles on the interwebs and noticed misspellings and just poor grammar. No one bothers to proof read anymore!

Back on topic - great pics! I saw all of Blackaces stuff this weekend. Nice to see other valkyrie designs getting some love.