Any chance of a vf-2ss?

auberondreaming

Having not been around for a horribly long time, I don't know how often this topic comes up, but I was curious if there were any other fans of the vf-2ss? I was kind of meh about macross 2 but I just love the design of the valk! Any chance we will ever see a quality toy of this valk? Any interest in seeing one?

How that we have a VF-4 I don't care what they release next.

Bring on a VF-2SS. :)

+1 wholeheartedly. I don't like the VF-2SS as a design and would never buy one, but now that I know for sure that the VF-4 is getting made, Yamato can do whatever the hell they want. Heck If they decided to do a Metal Siren I'd applaud them for being crazy.

:edit:

TBH, I'd be ineterested to see the engineering that would go into a VF-2SS+SAP. And those poor MacII fan's deserve some love after all these years. :p

Edited by anime52k8

I'm all for it if they also release the Macross II VF-2JA!

post-1418-0-64231600-1343337026_thumb.gif

Of course I also want to see the FZ-109, the Crusader, VF-5000, Variable Gluag . . . Not that I could afford any of these (I think I'll be able to save enough for the VF-4, but until the price is released I'm not sure which body parts I might need to sell) but there is something maniacally cool about the possibility that Yamato could have a collection of every variable Valkyrie Kamawori penned. Heh, Orguss Valk anyone?

The VF-2ss is VERY 90's, and while less convincing as a fighter than Kamawori's designs I do look at the unit very fondly - it IS a fun homage, and it does have a kind of sculptural artistic beauty to it.

It FEELS very anime-esque and does kinda capture an era and aesthetic. The VF-2JA, however, actually looks like it could have been a next generation Valkyrie, and it has some interesting twists turns and extras to its transformation that makes it a bit more than just a restyled VF-1. They are both nicely done transformable mecha, and do in their own rights deserve more than aging model kits. Normally, I'd say the audience is too small - but after the VF-4 (which makes me giddy), I dunno. Yamato has pretty much gone through all the comparatively "mainstream" valks already . . . . . well, after they redo the YF-19 that is. :)

It's a slim chance until they feel they exhausted all the other valks with screen time. Keep a look out how the VF-4 does and we'll find out whether or not Yamato thinks these toys based on obscure valkyries will make good web exculsives. Also spread awareness and let people know that these things are available. It's amazing to see how many would be Macross fans are out there and all they need is a little wake up call.

While storywise, Macross II wasn't the greatest of OVAs, the valkyries were really good. The VF-2SS, 2JA, are both awesome looking valks. While I don't think Yamato will go this route (as Kawamori didn't design these), it's nice to hope.

The Macross 2 valkyries are, surprisingly, beautiful futuristic designs, under-appreciated.

agreed. kind of a SYD MEAD-ish sort of series of takes on the traditional VF-1 design, IMO.

i'd especially appreciate a 1/60 Yammie iteration of the 2JA, though i'm in no position whatsoever to be paying $900 for it...

Edited by Shaorin

It's more likely that we would see the VF-2SS from one of the talented modellers/sculpters here, and it probably would cost several hundred. No SAP, please. A 1/60 YF-19 update would be nice too though the price points are getting crazy. I don't know how one would amortize the development & production costs.

I've always had a soft spot for the VF-2ss after seeing the kit for the first time in a Hong Kong shop back when I was an impressionable youth and just getting into anime. I suppose nostalgia plays a large part since Mac II was one of the first animes I saw. I dig the giant cannon for sure. Battroid is definitely the strongest mode with a lot of clean lines. I say bring it on Yamato!

I would love a VF-2 with all of the trimmings. You could count me in for a Metal Siren as well. Macross II also had some of the best destroids, 6x barrel Monster is too much bad assery. I am also partial to the Macross Cannon ships. Didn't the VF100 line have VF-2's listed when they debuted?