NEW POLL - How many VF-4G would you buy?

EXO

Number of VF-4G lightning you would buy  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How many of this web exclusive would you buy?

One of my favorite Mac fighter designs. I would like one, however, if Hasagawa offered a 1/48 scale non-transformable alternative, I'd buy it in a second. Depending on the price, It will be difficult for me to justify such an expensive purchase for a single mode.

I think the big issue right now is the price. If we had a better idea, we'd probably gain a few buyers who are unsure, and maybe lose a few who would be priced out.

I would actually love to get three of these if I can, or maybe even more for potential customizing, but being a limited release hurts that quite a bit, since we don't know how long they'll be around.

Even if they're $400+, I could see myself buying more than one, but only if I could space out the purchases over a year or two. If we're talking about a short term production, I'm not going to drop that kind of cash for a single order. The "limited" aspect of this is probably doing more harm than good to the numbers, because people know they only have a set time to save up until release, and a relatively short window to buy them in.

One is all I'll be able to afford, provided I don't miss the boat when it becomes available. I love the valk's design, and so far it looks like Yamato is crafting a great toy.

I voted 2 - depending on the price, 3. U know, for each mode :D

I voted 2 so I can have an 'untouched one' and one for a custom - new minor paint scheme and a custom head sculpt - the one with the 21 style laser!

If Shapeways stop being dicks about things how about a fourth one and you can customize it with those fast packs Veef (I think it was him) designed for the VF-4.

Ah, they look cool, I'd seen them before tho;

post-1623-0-21680300-1343135467_thumb.jpg

I was thinking of making them for the VF-1 actually - not in the immediate future, but sometime before I cark it.

But any ways - I need more pics of the VF-4! That photo of it unassembled and painted is giving me the wiggles. :D

That style of VF-4 Fast pack was directly taken from that VF-1 concept. This is pretty cool looking too. Are you going to make that crazy looking cannon as well?

I'm chomping at the bit for more VF-4 pictures/info too. We all are.

That style of VF-4 Fast pack was directly taken from that VF-1 concept.

Correct.

I think if I were to do those FAST pack designs now, I'd remove the dorsal super part rocket boosters. I've never really liked the joint in the middle of them (unnecessary weight and makes them more prone to breakage)... and knowing what I know now, the VF-4 doesn't need the extra rocket boosters. What with them already built in! LOL

Correct.

I think if I were to do those FAST pack designs now, I'd remove the dorsal super part rocket boosters. I've never really liked the joint in the middle of them (unnecessary weight and makes them more prone to breakage)... and knowing what I know now, the VF-4 doesn't need the extra rocket boosters. What with them already built in! LOL

I don't know I think, at least based on the side and top views, that extra hinged booster completes the look. Otherwise you'd have those sort of half-sized leg attachments and nothing else. Even still, I think it's a better design then the silly pre-cursor VF-25 packs Kawamori was messing with.

Looking at the poll now, it's pretty overwhelming among Macross fans that the majority of us want this Valk (at least 1). If the numbers are the same in Japan (and elswhere in the world among Macross fans), I hope this bodes well for a normal release in a different scheme too.

Edited by xrentonx

I don't know I think, at least based on the side and top views, that extra hinged booster completes the look. Otherwise you'd have those sort of half-sized leg attachments and nothing else. Even still, I think it's a better design then the silly pre-cursor VF-25 packs Kawamori was messing with.

Hmmm... that reminds me about something with the VF-1's FAST packs: they have the "I don't give a damn about (insert word, I favor aerodynamics)" look to them. Perhaps that's why the joint in those VF-4 dorsal packs work? It echoes that mentality?

Hmmm... that reminds me about something with the VF-1's FAST packs: they have the "I don't give a damn about (insert word, I favor aerodynamics)" look to them. Perhaps that's why the joint in those VF-4 dorsal packs work? It echoes that mentality?

They are intended for use in Space. Aerodynamics be damned.