To or not to get the VF-1S Hikaru?

Godzilla

Ok, I got my VF-1J and all I gotta ask is when does Millia and Max VF-1J w/FPs coming? Ok, major dilema now... should I get the VF-1S Hikaru or not. Ok, I am a valkaholic. I admit that but Now I see the Roy and Hikaru reissues coming, I am hoping for a major raise. Either that or sell some things for space. And we all know I am going to buy mutiple M&Ms when they come out. Since I cannot complete my low vis squadron since I saw this on Ebay. I mean OMG. Nice to see the price goes up but then again... I digress. :ph34r:

Ok back to question at hand: Should I get the hikaru VF-1S? Ok, dumb question but I need some convincing. MPC prime is already burning the hole in my wallet as well. :rolleyes:

I know I'm new to this forum, but from one Valkaholic to another, I think you should get the VF-1S Hikaru coz I think that you're gonna regret it if you let this one pass. I got mine from Tam at Twin Moons Production and I'm just glad that I did. I too was having second thoughts about having to get it, but when it finally came, dude, I was so awe struck! You probably know just how beautiful that darn thing is! To tell you the truth, I too am racking up the debt on my credit cards but it's worth it! I've waited since 4th grade to buy these valks and now that I"m turning 30, ain't gonna wait no more! So my advice is to get the valk, I promise that you won't be sorry. :)

I skipped the VF-1J so I could get the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru and Takara MPC Prime and avoid the dilema you have.

Since it sounds like you already have the money set aside for Prime, You still should try and get the VF-1S. ;)

Don't bother. Roy's is the ultimate "S" any way...

Yes, seeing how it was shot up in BOTH the TV series AND the movie resulting in Roy's death. What did the Hikaru 1S ever do? Oh yes, it saved the Earth & the human race from destruction by killing the emperor of a few billion giant alien warriors.

Big woop.  It's ugly.

Umm...no offense, but how is Hikaru's 1S ugly and Roy's 1S not? I mean, they're the same valk except one has red where the other has yellow. I guess you have a passionate distaste of the color red :D

Don't forget the recent upgrades to the wing flaps, nosecone, pilot mold, etc. I also think I'm gonna skip Hikaru's VF-1S and go straight for the VF-1J.

I also have my Masterpiece Convoy preordered..........soon I will have my precious. :ph34r:

Here is the 1A and the 1S. There're both great. I wanted to sell the 1A, and i changed my mind.

Then again, I'm getting everything that Yamato is releasing(except for the Super O and the Elint). I promissed myself I wouldn't get another 1/60 until they come up with something different. Mmmm, GBP is different enough!

Vic! :lol:

post-4-1070895329_thumb.jpg

It clashes. It's like a girl wearing red high heels with a pink dress....

BLECK.

and why is that so bad huh? Don't you like pink heels? Pink is to a girl, like red is to a cut-throat pirate!

Just think of it as Red blood! Mmmm, jummy tasty red hot blood! Muuahhh ha ha ha! Like Blood, the Vampire!

Vic.

<------ It fits the colors of the character on the show and looks quite slick. It's EMERALD GREEN and SKY BLUE, BTW. Sorry you are colorblind...

Edited by Skull-1

I say wait. It'll depreciate, just like the majority of the Yamato valks. :)

I can't find a single 1/48 Yamato Valk that has depreciated in price at any major seller. Except for the occasional fire-sale on Max, they're all still around $125-135 pre-shipping.

H

Guess what? I don't care what you think and judging from my private messages and the thread in question that Valk was well-received. Admit it, you just don't like *me*. Well, I won't lose any sleep over that fact, believe me.

Edited by Skull-1

Guess what? I don't care what you think and judging from my private messages and the thread in question that Valk was well-received. Admit it, you just don't like *me*. Well, I won't lose any sleep over that fact, believe me.

My original comment was simply voicing my opinion for certain combinations much like how you voiced for the red and white, and the intent was to point out that everyone has their own preference. If you like green and blue, hey, good for you. Calling me colorblind was not very nice.

Skull-1, just don't buy one... no need to tell people they have ugly taste for wanting this toy. Arguments are fine, so long as they're valid.

I think for the record I did not call anyone tasteless for liking the red (ugly) "S" model. I simply pointed out why I don't like it.

I say wait.  It'll depreciate, just like the majority of the Yamato valks. :)

I can't find a single 1/48 Yamato Valk that has depreciated in price at any major seller. Except for the occasional fire-sale on Max, they're all still around $125-135 pre-shipping.

H

No kidding. Even the 1/60's held onto their value for a while before depreciating. :lol: