Bandai dx Vf-27 lucifer brera custom

Ghilbert

Hi guys, iafter re-watching the Macross frontier serie i've developed and insane love for it. I already have the vf25 renewal of alto and ozma and the yf29 durandal. Now i want to buy at least one vf-27 brera custom, but the prices are insane!

Do you know if bandai is planning a v2 or a reissue of this valkirye?

Thanks in advance for your replies

I'm not aware of any plans on their part, but I'd be all in for renewal versions of the Lucifers (Brera, Grace, and CF). Even if the V1s were available at reasonable prices, I would not buy one; I know they are better than the original 25s but they're still inferior to the new 25s, and would look a bit inadequate (they don't stand as tall in batroid mode, if I'm not mistaken, for example) displayed next to the renewal VF-25s and VF-171EX, IMO.

I have both VF-27gamma and beta, plus the renewals, and i can confirm that the fighter mode looks as good as any V2 and actually more high end than the renewal VF-25s or even YF-29. The plastic is very glossy, borderline oily, but there's something pleasing to the eye about it, perhaps the solid colour and the numerous printing. But yeah the battroid looks less sleek. If you go through Yahoo japan auctions and stalk a few auctions you will eventually find one at a good price even after middleman fees (that's how i got mine).

Edited by Dimis

Yep, I don't know about battroid, but gerwalk and fighter modes look beautiful to me, even better than my new vf-171ex. i think, for the most part, the v.1 VF-27's do a very good job of representing the mecha, although a new renewal could do it some more justice in battroid modes.

The VF-27 is my favorite design from Frontier, and may be my all time favorite valk. Here's my take:

- Absolutely gorgeous fighter mode. I believe it is very comparable to the renewals.

- Gerwalk is also great. Again, comparable to the renewals.

- Battroid is where you see the major differences. It's just shorter and fatter than the renewals.

If you are going to keep it in fighter or gerwalk, it might be worthwhile getting, but not at current eBay prices. I wish they would do a renewal 27. Maybe next year after Luca's RVF-25 comes out. I would buy two of those suckers.

Edited by pud333

The VF-27 is my favorite design from Frontier, and may be my all time favorite valk. Here's my take:

- Absolutely gorgeous fighter mode. I believe it is very comparable to the renewals.

- Gerwalk is also great. Again, comparable to the renewals.

- Battroid is where you see the major differences. It's just shorter and fatter than the renewals.

If you are going to keep it in fighter or gerwalk, it might be worthwhile getting, but not at current eBay prices. I wish they would do a renewal 27. Maybe next year after Luca's RVF-25 comes out. I would buy two of those suckers.

Totally agree with you. It's my favourite from MF too. Perhaps i'm wrong but i think it's the most unique design in the sense that you cannot really point to another design and say "here, it's similar to that". Perhaps there's a bit of SV-51 but altogether more original than VF-25, YF-29, and VF-171EX.

The 27 doesn't need a renewal version. Bandai just needs to release an option parts kit to swap out the arms, legs, feet, body, head, joints, wings, engines, cockpit, and figures.

And each of them in separate "collectible" packs with the same availability as the recent bandai valks.

I have the Brera and Grace versions. I think they look great in fighter. You could say Battroid is not as good as the renewals but I certainly wouldn't say it is bad. I think Brera looks just fine propped up on a flight stand pointing his beam cannon.

I have the Brera and Grace versions. I think they look great in fighter. You could say Battroid is not as good as the renewals but I certainly wouldn't say it is bad. I think Brera looks just fine propped up on a flight stand pointing his beam cannon.

If the made a renewal i think giving it a tilted waist and improving the elbow joints are really all they need to address. It's not like they need to do a complete overhaul in every mode. And if they've got any common sense - *can laughter* - they should expect that to sell like crazy, certainly more than the VF-25G and VF-171ex.

Edited by Dimis

I'm in the, make a renewal camp for the VF-27!!

Although fighter is okay, the shape of the nosecone could be resculpetd (the model kit has better angle,shape and proportions), gerwalk needs better knee joints that allow for a better "nose down" stance, and battroid as others said, is completely wrong around the waist area.

So, bring on a new VF-27.

I'm curious as to why people are opposed to a renewal version. Even if Bandai did a reissue with the "improvements" some have suggested, you'll still have to buy an entirely new valkyrie to get those "improvements" anyway. Might as well just have them redesign it from the ground up and really do the design justice.

What, you seriously think Bandai will release a separate option parts kit with new hips and make people take apart their units to swap them out? For something that's not actually defective?

Is this a case of "I don't want Bandai to release a renewal 27 because I don't want to feel like I wasted my money like others have on the original DX 25s."? That's a silly position to take. If you liked and enjoyed your 27, then it's not a waste. :p

I'm curious as to why people are opposed to a renewal version. Even if Bandai did a reissue with the "improvements" some have suggested, you'll still have to buy an entirely new valkyrie to get those "improvements" anyway. Might as well just have them redesign it from the ground up and really do the design justice.

What, you seriously think Bandai will release a separate option parts kit with new hips and make people take apart their units to swap them out? For something that's not actually defective?

Is this a case of "I don't want Bandai to release a renewal 27 because I don't want to feel like I wasted my money like others have on the original DX 25s."? That's a silly position to take. If you liked and enjoyed your 27, then it's not a waste. :p

I'm curious as to how you concluded that the people who posted do not want a renewal. I thought they all said the exact opposite.

I'm curious as to how you concluded that the people who posted do not want a renewal. I thought they all said the exact opposite.

He didn't conclude that at all. He was referring to the guys who didn't want one...not everyone in the thread......unless I just misread you? :)

Edited by xrentonx

i've found a dx brera lucifer for a very good price (almost retail one), but for the moment i will not buy it. I want to follow your suggestion for a renewal, because i thinj that, with all the improvement area you have inted, a renewal for the lucifer is a given!

Battroid mode of the v1 is shorter than vf-25 and bulkier than lineart, right? And i didn't know that even the vf27 can't do a proper "chiken leg Gerwalk mode". Last you have to use "karate hands" for fighter mode and change them every tiome you transform it, right?

• 1 year later...