I saw it in 3D last night and definitely enjoyed it. The marvel films have done an excellent job of blending drama,action, humor and romance that gives a little something to every movie goers. I loved the look of Asgard and definitely would love to see more of the other realms depicted on screen. Frega is badass, and I think Jamie Alexander would make a good wonder woman.

As Mr March points out, stay after the credits. There are 2 after credit scenes. The movie has a sorta star wars feel to it, and if this is how Disney will handle the SW franchise, then it think its in good hands.

May go see it again tonight.

The captain America Trailer is replayed before the film and we get a much longer look at the winter soldier. I think I also spotted Sharon Carter in the trailer as well. I'm so stocked for this film to come out.

Fun movie. The dating quips got a little annoying after awhile, but it was fun. Better than I was expecting.

One question... why is it ok to see full frontal nudity on Hemsworth, but not on Portman? Lets see some frakking tits.

Not to be a total film dork, but the phrase "full frontal nudity" is used to describe complete nudity where the genitalia are clearly visible. Thor: The Dark World definitely does not qualify :)

Because Americans don't have the maturity to handle nudity?

Headshot! :)

I saw the film this afternoon with my niece in 3D. It was a great time. Thor is one of her favorite Marvel super heroes. The first bonus scene felt more plot driven. The second scene, after the rolling credits seemd more fun to me, and felt much like the Shawarma scene after the Avengers credits.

I'm also really looking forward to the new X-men moviie and the new Captain America movie coming out next year.

Mila Jovovich was straight up topless in The 5th Element and that was only PG-13 and nobody lost their crap over it.

True, but Mila's chest looks like that of a 9 year old boy so it's a moot point...

True, but Mila's chest looks like that of a 9 year old boy so it's a moot point...

You also see Kate Winslet's tits in Titanic. It comes down to how long and in what context.

Anyways, I watched Thor this afternoon. It was really good.

Just saw Thor: The Dark World and I loved it as a whole. The movie "felt" like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings combined!! The "only" down side was ANY INTERACTIONS WITH THE HUMANS!!! Jane and Eric are just "there" in the film for continuity sake and that's all! The scenes in Asgard were awesome, way better than than the ones we got in Thor. All in all, I really,really enjoyed this film with the exception of Jane who goes around slapping everybody and Eric who runs around in his...nevermind THAT was the facepalm point of the film!!! :angry:

Edited by aerocombatpilot

I saw it and enjoyed quite a bit. Of the post Avengers Marvel films so far this has been the best one. Its good to see people responding well to it and its making good money as the first one was the underachiever in the first wave despite it being pretty good. I also want to go on record as saying that I like Kat Dennings in the Thor films, nor do I have a problem with Natalie Portman or the other human characters. Transformers this is not.

My Marvel movies best to worst

1.Iron Man

2.Avengers

3.Thor: The Dark World

4.Captain America

5.Iron Man 2

6.Thor

7.Incredible Hulk

8.Iron Man 3

Keep in mind there is a huge gap in enjoyment between the first Thor at 6 and the last two films at 7 and 8.

Finally once again I ask like I did in Iron Man 3...

WHERE THE HELL IS SHIELD???

Short interesting article that laments why the great villain list in the Marvel films currently begins and ends with Loki:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Loki-Good-Villain-Marvel-Movies-Big-Problem-40217.html

Worth a read.

Yeah, it is a great little read and it does identify a lot of the problems that Marvel is experiencing with its villains at the moment. What is more difficult, of course, is suggesting possible solutions.

Personally, I think the problem that Marvel is coming up against (and DC has had the problem as well), is that what can look good with villains in the comics might not translate to the screen so well. Rather than just singular villains fighting the hero's, as it is in the comic books quite often, I think that the heros need to be up against larger forces. They kind of did it in Avengers but they didn't get it right, with Loki's essentially faceless army being just cannon fodder. They did a similar thing in Thor 2 but came up against the same problems.

I dunno for sure, but it is certain that they need to think long and hard about villains in the future, of course.....

The article seems to neglect Magneto, wether played by Ian McKellen or Michael Fassbender. A very powerful and ambiguous character in the movies, brought to live by talented actors.

Magneto isn't a villain in the traditional sense.