I gotta say I'm very excited for Winder Soldier, the Phase 2 movies have been disappointments for me, but this one appears to be taking itself a bit more seriously. I've always loved Bucky, and the Winter Soldier storyline is one of my favorites, it already seems like it's going for the Ultimate version, like most of the Marvel cinema-verse movies, which is okay. Real talk though, Hots Toys Winter Soldier is bought, like yesterday.

My buddy called about 2 hours ago, I got my advanced tickets to go see Winter Soldier Saturday! I can't wait, early reviews have been very positive, this film seems like it's what I've been waiting on Marvel to put out since Phase 2 began, something real, hard hitting, with actual stakes, and hopefully less one liners and unnecessary background comic relief nobodies.

This movie is really dark. And I don't just mean by intentionally poor lighting on the night shots. In comparison to the other Marvel films, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is better than Iron Man 2-3 and both Thor movies.

Probably my biggest gripe with the film is the excessive use of shaky-cam on the action sequences.

I really like how

Pulp Fiction is referenced near the end.

B))

Overall, here's my current ranking of the Marvel Cinematic Universe:

1. The Avengers (2012)

2. Iron Man (2008)

3. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)

5. Iron Man 3 (2013)

6. Thor (2011)

7. Thor: The Dark World (2013)

8. Iron Man 2 (2010)

9. The Incredible Hulk (2008)

Edited by areaseven

This movie is really dark. And I don't just mean by intentionally poor lighting on the night shots. In comparison to the other Marvel films, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is better than Iron Man 2-3 and both Thor movies.

I really like how

B))

Glad to here, I'm really looking forward to it......though being better than IM 2 and 3 shouldn't be hard to do. They really weren't good at all....particularly IM3 IMO.

Chris

I really like how

B))

Cool. Sounds good. How have you already seen it?

I really like how

B))

You saw it early as well? Quick question, was your after-credits scene included or not, I got the one right before the credits but apparently there was one more that was supposed to run after the credits as well, I'm guessing it will only run after the credits of the full release of the film.

I think it released internationally 1st.

Actually, today in some parts of the world

Belgium 26 March 2014

Finland 26 March 2014

France 26 March 2014

UK 26 March 2014

Ireland 26 March 2014

Italy 26 March 2014

South Korea 26 March 2014

Norway 26 March 2014

Philippines 26 March 2014

Poland 26 March 2014

Sweden 26 March 2014

Argentina 27 March 2014

Germany 27 March 2014

Denmark 27 March 2014

Netherlands 27 March 2014

Portugal 27 March 2014

Singapore 27 March 2014

Spain 28 March 2014

United Arab Emirates 3 April 2014

Australia 3 April 2014

Greece 3 April 2014

Hong Kong 3 April 2014

Macedonia 3 April 2014

New Zealand 3 April 2014

Russia 3 April 2014

Thailand 3 April 2014

Bulgaria 4 April 2014

Canada 4 April 2014

China 4 April 2014

Estonia 4 April 2014

India 4 April 2014

Iceland 4 April 2014

Lithuania 4 April 2014

Mexico 4 April 2014

Peru 4 April 2014

Romania 4 April 2014

USA 4 April 2014

Vietnam 4 April 2014

Serbia 9 April 2014

Brazil 10 April 2014

Hungary 10 April 2014

Cambodia 10 April 2014

Turkey 11 April 2014

Japan 19 April 2014

Oh my they spoiled Agents of SHIELD!

When Sitwell started talking about Arnim Zola, who by the way uploaded his brain in a computer in the 1970's, that he can predict the future through patterns and past data it became clear that Zola is the Clairvoyant!

Centipede is just another branch of Hydra. Which means Raina and Ian Quinn were just handed to their own side as SHIELD was infiltrated from the beginning by Hydra.

Oh Retcon the Winter Soldier killed Howard Stark. Which could mean Stane was working for Hydra all along.

Senator Stern from Iron Man 2 is a Hydra agent. Stark kept his tech from Hydra then but by giving SHIELD his repulsor tech for the Hellicarriers he just gave them that technlogy.

Tony Stark, Banner and I think I heard Strange were targets once the Hellicarriers went online from what Sitwell said. Hydra's plan was to rule by precision strike orbital bombardment. A less ambitious but more effective plan than the excessive collateral damage plan of Cobra Commander in Retaliation.

Oh Nick Fury's car was supposed to fly like Lola but it got damaged.

In relation further to AoS that moment that Coulson and Sitwell met and Sitwell told him Fury went off the grid? Hydra/Clairvoyant/Zola likely ordered him and those Coulson called to lie to him that Nick Fury died. So that Zola can find out what brought back Coulson and what was hidden from him that even SHIELD/Hydra did not know.

Which mean Bob was not Agent of Hydra but likely Bob... Agent of SWORD.

This means Zola/Clairvoyant wants to know about the alien visitations that is even classified from SHIELD. The Skrull equation and that dead Kree.

Fury didn't die but was given a drug that slows down the heart rate. For a moment I thought the reason Dr. Straiten went off the grid was to give Fury GH-325. But likely Sraiten went under as Fury was reported dead.

SHIELD was officially disbanded with Sharon Carter joining the CIA and Maria Hill getting employment at Stark's. I don't know how AoS will go from there as they should be out of a job... But Fury is on the trail of Hydra going to Europe. Unofficially it could mean SHIELD went under.

Mid credits showed Hydra having Loki's staff (Infinity Stone?) and used it to give powers to the Twins Pietro and Wanda. Other test subjects died.

Post credit which I only stayed as everybody left showed Bucky at the Smithsonian rediscovering himself at the Captain America and Howling Commando's exhibit.

No spoilers for Age of Ultron other than mid-credits but it does make you wonder if Zola was not destroyed as he was supposed to be and would infect Ultron. As Hydra is a player in Avengers 2.

Oh Stan Lee was a security guard at the Smithsonian.

AIM looks like does not have a connection to Hydra only Hydra co-opted their Extremis technology. If Killian got away he would have been a target too.

The Marvel Movieverse is getting bigger and taking advantage of the setting to do other types of stories. This is not a superhero movie like we are use to; more like a super spy movie with heavy comicbook influence.

A lot of SHIELD influence but not hammed in like in IM2.

MY GOD is that shield awesome in Cap’s hands!!! Really, the action scenes are worth the ticked alone.

Falcon works great as a sidekick and I would love to eat shawarma with him but I would not be interested in a movie about him.

Spoilers.

Zola was done perfectly. It even looked like him/it.

Really like how they did Hydra.

Fury’s car chase is awesome!!

Very nice they continue to develop the Black Widow character.

Winter Soldier character has great action scenes but his story and Cap’s takes a back seat to the overall SHIELD plot by the end of the movie. Hell, Fury and Widow clean that up.

The movieverse beast is growing. Foreshadowing a plenty:

- Jarvis is part of SHIELD as evidence by Fury’s car. Jarvis is related to (or is) Ultron in Avengers 2.

- Dr. Strange is very specifically mentioned. Mid credits scenes talked about the end of the age of Superheroes and the start of one of dreams come true or something like that.

- The usual Avenger 2 foreshadowing plus Infinity Gems.

- Hydra, Hydra everywhere.

- Where did that super hi-tech arm for Bucky come from?

- Hydra/SHILED douche survived.

- “Fury’s European Vacation”.

- Possible Bucky series movie or series or something since they gave the end credits scene just to him. Meh (worst end credits scene IMO). Spy with amnesia has been done to death; maybe as a series it could work but the MM is in danger of being crowded with more secret agents than superheroes.

Oh my they spoiled Agents of SHIELD!

When Sitwell started talking about Arnim Zola, who by the way uploaded his brain in a computer in the 1970's, that he can predict the future through patterns and past data it became clear that Zola is the Clairvoyant!

Centipede is just another branch of Hydra. Which means Raina and Ian Quinn were just handed to their own side as SHIELD was infiltrated from the beginning by Hydra.

Oh Retcon the Winter Soldier killed Howard Stark. Which could mean Stane was working for Hydra all along.

Senator Stern from Iron Man 2 is a Hydra agent. Stark kept his tech from Hydra then but by giving SHIELD his repulsor tech for the Hellicarriers he just gave them that technlogy.

Tony Stark, Banner and I think I heard Strange were targets once the Hellicarriers went online from what Sitwell said. Hydra's plan was to rule by precision strike orbital bombardment. A less ambitious but more effective plan than the excessive collateral damage plan of Cobra Commander in Retaliation.

Oh Nick Fury's car was supposed to fly like Lola but it got damaged.

In relation further to AoS that moment that Coulson and Sitwell met and Sitwell told him Fury went off the grid? Hydra/Clairvoyant/Zola likely ordered him and those Coulson called to lie to him that Nick Fury died. So that Zola can find out what brought back Coulson and what was hidden from him that even SHIELD/Hydra did not know.

Which mean Bob was not Agent of Hydra but likely Bob... Agent of SWORD.

This means Zola/Clairvoyant wants to know about the alien visitations that is even classified from SHIELD. The Skrull equation and that dead Kree.

Fury didn't die but was given a drug that slows down the heart rate. For a moment I thought the reason Dr. Straiten went off the grid was to give Fury GH-325. But likely Sraiten went under as Fury was reported dead.

SHIELD was officially disbanded with Sharon Carter joining the CIA and Maria Hill getting employment at Stark's. I don't know how AoS will go from there as they should be out of a job... But Fury is on the trail of Hydra going to Europe. Unofficially it could mean SHIELD went under.

Mid credits showed Hydra having Loki's staff (Infinity Stone?) and used it to give powers to the Twins Pietro and Wanda. Other test subjects died.

Post credit which I only stayed as everybody left showed Bucky at the Smithsonian rediscovering himself at the Captain America and Howling Commando's exhibit.

No spoilers for Age of Ultron other than mid-credits but it does make you wonder if Zola was not destroyed as he was supposed to be and would infect Ultron. As Hydra is a player in Avengers 2.

Oh Stan Lee was a security guard at the Smithsonian.

AIM looks like does not have a connection to Hydra only Hydra co-opted their Extremis technology. If Killian got away he would have been a target too.

Very solid theory! Agents of SHIELD is reeeeeeally going to get shaken.