Only because they've announced it at SDCC 2012...

5001ffaf03b73.png

For those that are not familiar the "Winter Soldier", I'd suggest some light reading of Captain America Vol. 1: Winter Soldier-graphic novel. Or just look it up on Wikipedia.

It will likely take place in modern times. If they like, they can explore the winter soldiers background over the years. If they set this up, he could make an appearance in the next Avengers film in some fashoin. For those not familiar with the winter soldier, check out Ed Brubakers run on captain America. Some of the best work Marvel has put out in recent years, highly recommend.

Community and Arrested Development, sooo they know comedy lol. Let's see them do action but they honestly have a better pedigree than most.

Well, Favreau had a less then spectacular resume when he started Iron Man so while I remain skeptical, I'll wait and see what they produce.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Cap's new suit:

And yes, I think I know where they got the suit design from...

(spoiled' for size)

Captain-America-2-Suit-Art-550x658.jpg

buckybarnesstyle.jpg

At least the belt is a different color and stands out from the suit unlike Whedon's.

I agree with MMX. I was thinking about something this AM on the drive in, Tony Starks dad had to be pushing 60 when Tony was born if we assume that IM and Avengers takes place in modern day, and really if you watch IM, almost everything Tony makes he based on his fathers work, hmmm.

• 2 weeks later...

Anthony Mackie on set, in costume.

Anthony Mackie Spotted As ‘The Falcon’ On Set of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

I'm guessing the wings will be added in post for this scene. About the costume....soooooo....generic. Not impressed.

And more concept art:

New CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Details And Concept Art Revealed

I'm sure the spies are looking for Sebastian Stan to appear in costume on set.

So is that Nomad in the second link?

No. It's the guy in the title for this movie.

In case I forgot to mention, people may want to check out some graphic novels to get an idea about this story:

http://www.amazon.com/Captain-America-Vol-Ultimate-Collection/dp/0785143416/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367528443&sr=8-1&keywords=captain+america+winter+soldier

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Will buy the Iron Man 3 BluRay just for this one-shot (I happened to like the movie too so that's a plus). More Peggy's always good. Was happy to hear she would be in the film in flashbacks. Would have been really disappointed otherwise. Bracing myself for the inevitable Steve visiting Peggy in the nursing home scene. Manly tears may be shed.

• 2 months later...