And going back to Ronan... He had that one speech but it didn't really explain why he was a fanatic, or build on his fanaticism. He was just going from point A to point B.

Sorry to comment late on this but Ronan was pissed because a treaty was signed to stop a war his family had been dying in forever. He wanted the other side crushed not safe behind a treaty. Weak? Maybe but his motivations are definitely stated.

Anyway I loved this movie also actually saw it twice in one day!

Also, dat soundtrack!

I'd like to find her infinity stone. haha

You're comparing a clitoris, an organ with more nerve cells than any other body part including testicles, to a lifeless stone with no attachment to any life form beyond maybe algae? That comparison made as much sense as comparing a gunpla model with an MP3 player.

You're comparing a clitoris, an organ with more nerve cells than any other body part including testicles, to a lifeless stone with no attachment to any life form beyond maybe algae? That comparison made as much sense as comparing a gunpla model with an MP3 player.

Speaking of senseless, your need to even reply, and reply the way that you did.

*edit to add - what anime52k8 said

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

:lol: What...the hell?

Anyway, getting away from the clit talk for a bit...I just saw this for the second time today (on 3D Imax) and still loved it just as much. I can't wait for the Bluray now. This is my favorite super team movie B))

Edited by xrentonx

Yeah, just got back from watching in 3d and this film was awesome. Marvel is on a roll. Loved all of the Easter eggs. The two end credits were great. They really drove home the fact that this film didn't take it's self too serious. Karen Gillian is hot, but Zoë has one hell of an Arse!

I loved seeing one of the Celestials in a film. Need to go back and rematch to see if it was Exitar the destroyer. Howard the duck was awesome. I kept thinking marvel zombies vs army of darkness when a zombified Howard bites Ash! Thanos looked Badass.I can't wait to see him in action.

Edited by Golden Arms

Let me rephrase:

I'd like to probe her I-field with my beam saber, if you know what I mean.

Or maybe I'd like to overload her barrier and destroy Ontario, if you get my drift.

Edited by JB0

Yeah, just got back from watching in 3d and this film was awesome. Marvel is on a roll. Loved all of the Easter eggs. The two end credits were great. They really drove home the fact that this film didn't take it's self too serious. Karen Gillian is hot, but Zoë has one hell of an Arse!

I loved seeing one of the Celestials in a film. Need to go back and rematch to see if it was Exitar the destroyer. Howard the duck was awesome. I kept thinking marvel zombies vs army of darkness when a zombified Howard bites Ash! Thanos looked Badass.I can't wait to see him in action.

As long as they keep stickin' her in mini-skirts, I'll keep watching her as Uhura even though I don't really care for Trek. She's a beautiful woman :wub:

Speaking of senseless, your need to even reply, and reply the way that you did.

*edit to add - what anime52k8 said

-b.

actually, bringing this around a bit: did you know that if you search "taking sexual innuendo too literally" on Google, the first result is a review of Guardians of the Galaxy? :lol:

I'm not even joking, it seriously does. :mellow:

https://www.google.com/search?q=taking+sexual+innuendo+too+literally

:edit:

and seriously, said review reads like it was writen by our very own DuelGundam.. it's like a god damn Masonic conspiracy :ph34r:

Edited by anime52k8

I am not an IRCbot. I don't even know what the I and R stand for (I know C means chat).

I'd like to probe her I-field with my beam saber, if you know what I mean.

Or maybe I'd like to overload her barrier and destroy Ontario, if you get my drift.

So cause irreparable damage that could kill her?

:PLOL Indigo.

I like Hot Toys, even though I don't own any, but I generally prefer female statues. Being the perv that I am, I'm more critical of female figurines so I like less seams and ball joints when looking at female characters. But I do think the HT black widow figures are must get.

Back to the film, I thoroughly enjoyed it, but it does have some serious flaws. Marvel has a big problem with their villains. Both of the big bads were under utilized. Ronan gave us glimpses of magnetism, but they could have given him more. Ditto for the other, but he was a last second addition to the film. So I can't blame the actor too much. But the last time we saw him that little smirk told us everything about him we needed to know at the moment and that was missing this time around. They should've gone back to it when Mr Accuser was going on his petulant tirade. It would've said volumes about his character ( I'm still in control of this situation, even though you think you the upper hand at the moment, and I'm supremely arrogant and confident at the same moment). Bradley Cooper was only guardian that I really think ran with his Material. He was funny, Badass, charismatic, and sympathetic all at the same time. Really shows you how great Cooper is as an actor. Both Zaladana and Gillian didn't really own their characters. The makeups were awesome to look at, but they didn't really infuse the characters with real personality. They never made me forget I was seeing Gillian or Zoë in makeup. Gamorra went from Badass assassin to damsel in distress too much for my liking. Bautista came across as, well a wrestler trying to act (ie over his head), but Drax is supposed to be wooden and that's what we got.

The movie will continue to make a killing as its an enjoyable flick, but it does have some serious issues when you take a black light to it.

Edited by Golden Arms

actually, bringing this around a bit: did you know that if you search "taking sexual innuendo too literally" on Google, the first result is a review of Guardians of the Galaxy? :lol:

I'm not even joking, it seriously does. :mellow:

https://www.google.com/search?q=taking+sexual+innuendo+too+literally

:edit:

and seriously, said review reads like it was writen by our very own DuelGundam.. it's like a god damn Masonic conspiracy :ph34r:

You're right, it does read exactly like something DG would say here. lol

I found it boring.

LOL, yeah right

It felt a little stretched out and forced at times. But I wouldn't say boring.

I think Winter soldier is a better film.

Yeah, well I think the Shawshank Redemption is better than both The Winter Soldier and GotG.

Guardians was a really, really good entry to the Marvel-verse set of movies. If I were to have any issue with it, its that as a stand-alone film it wouldn't have been as enjoyable. One of this movie's advantages is that it can take advantage of an established franchise of films for story and plot development.

-b.