I think it's interesting that in every thread about Iron Man/The Avengers Marvel get slagged for mistreating or unfairly compensating their stars (they all have to hide behind RDJ to get business done) however Marvel just keeps on signing up more big names to their movies.

I think it's interesting that in every thread about Iron Man/The Avengers Marvel get slagged for mistreating or unfairly compensating their stars (they all have to hide behind RDJ to get business done) however Marvel just keeps on signing up more big names to their movies.

Huh?

Huh?

You've not heard the various grumblings from the many Avengers cast members that they aren't being fairly compensated for the success of the movies? That's one of the reasons after Avengers 2 RDJ is likely getting out and there's already issues with the other cast wanting to be paid higher for Avengers 2 and RDJ has hinted he'll play hardball for the other principal actors to get paid more. In the mean time Marvel have a new stable or relatively well known actors/actresses/personalities signed up for Guardians.

You've not heard the various grumblings from the many Avengers cast members that they aren't being fairly compensated for the success of the movies? That's one of the reasons after Avengers 2 RDJ is likely getting out and there's already issues with the other cast wanting to be paid higher for Avengers 2 and RDJ has hinted he'll play hardball for the other principal actors to get paid more. In the mean time Marvel have a new stable or relatively well known actors/actresses/personalities signed up for Guardians.

Can't say I have.

That's one of the reasons after Avengers 2 RDJ is likely getting out and there's already issues with the other cast wanting to be paid higher for Avengers 2 and RDJ has hinted he'll play hardball for the other principal actors to get paid more.

RDJ has signed his contract for 2 move "Avengers"-movies, but no more Iron Man.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I really like what I'm seeing so far. :)

Chris

I don't know.

I see the guy from Parks & Rec is there acting pretty much like the guy from Parks & Rec but with muscles.

Almost expected this:

"Who are you?"

"..........Burt Maclund"

The trailer is a bit uneven, but I can't deny that there is a special "something" there. If the tone of the performances and the musical choice set by the trailer is true, this would indicate a Marvel film diverging significantly from what they've done so far. It would certainly explain why they tapped James Gunn to do it, given his comedic sensibilities. Might be worth a watch.

Hmmm. Seems that the trailer is polarising opinions across the board.

Personally, I get a real "Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy" vibe from this, right down to the logo. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I also feel its a bit refreshing to have a trailer that doesn't tell you every frikkin detail from the movie for once. Also, it looks different to the rest of the Marvel cookie-cutter style superhero films.

From what I've seen so far and from what I've heard from fans of the comic I would describe it as - quirky, whimsical and comedic. That would explain the "cheesy music" as well.

As a fan of Minsc and Boo, I think that the idea of a space raccoon is a great one.

A break from what's been the norm for Marvel movies would be welcomed. Not that Iron Man thru Thor: The Dark World (and assuming Captain America: Winter Soldier) are bad or anything like that, but they all feel similar (or maybe familiar is a better word).

As long as this isn't too goofy then I'm down for a good laugh mixed with a good adventure.

-b.

Me neither. Meh.

same, sure the movie might be decent. but the trailer didnt excite me or make me laugh. Maybe its becuase reading everyones hype around the internet made me expect better or that im not really a GOTG fan lol.

I'll wait till bluray or something,unless some one wants me to go with them to the cinemas.

Edited by Vepariga

I also feel its a bit refreshing to have a trailer that doesn't tell you every frikkin detail from the movie for once. Also, it looks different to the rest of the Marvel cookie-cutter style superhero films.

Not necessarily a problem unique to superhero or Marvel films, but I share your criticism. I prefer me enough to get interested and then I will be. I think modern trailers are not really spoiling movies just for the sake of spoiling them, but to act as a type of primer for the film. So the 16-35 year-old customers can decide if its the type of film story that can hold their attention or if they will need to text through all 2 hours :)

More seriously, I've had a thought for some time about spoiled trailers, thinking that perhaps they represent a shift from misrepresentation to honesty when advertising movies. I mean, for decades we've often complained that so many trailers showed us a movie that wasn't anything like the actual product we paid to see. Now, trailers show us EXACTLY what we will watch when we pay our money. Of course, the movie is already spoiled for us at this point, so why would we pay to see a movie we've already seen? Well, younger audiences have largely seen everything by now, as we have. But they never grew up in an age where there was still surprises in cinema. To most young audiences, movies don't mean new or surprise, they mean familiarity and spectacle. Movies are theme park rides, not interesting stories. So people looking for theme park rides want to know what they are getting, no ambiguity.

Anyway, didn't mean to blather off topic. Your post just inspired a thought :)