YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

Macross is a special case. Most other toy lines do not have the licensing difficulties that it does.

I wonder how Yamato gets around the problem of licensing, to me it just seems that the Bandai Valks are red hot as they are based on the latest franchise and seem to be produced in smaller quantities. Nothing that hasn't been said time and time again.

Anything that Yamato sells directly is only to Japanese addresses. After they supply wholesale they no longer have direct control over who buys them. Some may favor domestic sellers over those known to sell overseas, and vice versa.

I understand your point. It''s just no fun when you try to collect something and you have to virtually win the lottery just to join the lucky few who get to buy a release from Bandai, regardless of the licensing.

In the mean time Yamato gets my money.

There are still a small number on shelves here in Japan, but rare to find at a discount. Price usually around 14,700 yen. It is not a conspiracy to keep these out of filthy gaijin hands. It is because they are licensed for sale only in Japan. Bandai is required to follow the law.

If they are for sale only in Japan, how come they went up in online stores at all? There are tons of other toy lines out there that says "For sale in Japan only" in boxes yet they are still widely available.

Macross is a special case. Most other toy lines do not have the licensing difficulties that it does.

Macross is a special case due to the Harmony Gold fiasco, but If you have not noticed Yamato allocates enough stock to the online retailers. They are not breaking any laws at all by supplying a Japanese webshop with product that is only for Japan. The problem is Bandai chooses to not allocate enough to the webshops.

Seriously, what yamato release do you think would even come close? The valks that cost twice as much for the 15 year old series?

The renewals are not cheap either if you miss the 30 second pre-order window. You would think that the demographic for the 15 year old designs would have deeper pockets though. I know I make a lot more cash than I did when I was say 20. Really it's not about opinion, I just wanted to know if you had the hard numbers to back the statement up. My point was it's hard to sell a ton of cheaper valks if you can't get the cheaper valk at msrp. Have you seen the going rates of the VF-25F and VF-25S lately? Does that not indicate that the numbers are low? You would think Yamato is doing something right if they can spend as much as they do on engineering new valks. I mean, if the Yamato's are not selling why would they continue dumping so much into R&D and building the "Expensive Valkyries"? Not only that, I think Yamato is using a more expensive factory to produce these as far as I can tell.

Edited by Loop

He's talking about online retailers, and there were definitely certain ones that had their orders cut massively, down into the single digits in some cases.

That's exactly what I am talking about, if you only have to sell 9 valks to sell out vs 50 does that make you the winner because your product sold out first?

The renewals are not cheap either if you miss the 30 second pre-order window. You would think that the demographic for the 15 year old designs would have deeper pockets though. I know I make a lot more cash than I did when I was say 20. Really it's not about opinion, I just wanted to know if you had the hard numbers to back the statement up. My point was it's hard to sell a ton of cheaper valks if you can't get the cheaper valk at msrp. Have you seen the going rates of the VF-25F and VF-25S lately? Does that not indicate that the numbers are low? You would think Yamato is doing something right if they can spend as much as they do on engineering new valks. I mean, if the Yamato's are not selling why would they continue dumping so much into R&D and building the "Expensive Valkyries"? Not only that, I think Yamato is using a more expensive factory to produce these as far as I can tell.

"Numbers are low" should mean that demand is greater than supply. I did not say Yamato is missing the boat or has a poor business model. I said it's "Been a long time since yamato made a toy that would sell at the quantity of bandais dx renewal toys." I don't understand what you're discussing regarding the secondary market other than to say that the DX Renewals had demand greater than supply. To my point, when was the last time you saw this with a Yamato item? Since you haven't seen this in a long time, do you think this really shows Yamato is doing something right? Don't you think, if you were Yamato, you would love to see your products in such high demand in the secondary market? Yamatos are selling "well enough" as budgeted and modeled and that's good for them and good for those of us who buy their goods. They aren't running into Bandai's supply shortage because they aren't currently building a line of toys for a hot license. Yamato is getting market research that tells them the expected market for a new toy is between 1000 and 2000 units (hypothetically) while Bandai would be getting a range of between 5000 and 10000 units. Obviously it's going to be easier for Bandai to miss its mark... but from Bandai's perspective they probably not too broken up about how things have turned out. That said, I find it VERY unlikely I'll be able to find out the actual number of DX V2 toys that were produced... Bandai doesn't seem very open about these things. I could ask around about the Yamato toys but I'll tell you right now that they're very small production runs.

Honestly, I think we will never know. I think we have derailed this thread long enough though, Now BOT:

I think the color scheme on this variant looks sick in batteroid mode. Even though it's not cannon, I feel the scheme pops more than the cannon scheme in batteroid mode although the crystals are the wrong color. Not sure why bandai always has to color the cockpits in odd colors either. I also would have liked to see another pilot instead of Alto on this release. Does anyone know if they will release a special set of super parts for this version?

what colour scheme would they dress up the fps....

I ended up securing an order elsewhere, can't believe I'm still in the running with this plastic fiasco lol

I have no idea, as long as they match up. I did not fancy the blue color on the original packs.

Congrats on finding one :p

I you have the disposable income, and you like this scheme, then I'd say yes.

Who are we to tell you what to do with your hard earned money?? ;)

It really just boils down to how much is it worth to you, and how badly do you want it?

Ok cool. I ask mainly because you guys seem to get them cheaper just ordering these things from over seas. But i don't like to wait too long. Too me this scheme is beautiful. i can care less about the resale value because I will only get one. But i want a 46" flat screen tv so this will cut into that because I can't get both. Dough is really tight. Or maybe you MacWorld guys will get tired of it and sell it for a non rape price down the line :) Thanks for the responses though.

Edited by SilentCrossHairs

I'm gonna get the YF-29 cause it's a unique 'one time thing' being a 30th anivesary edition. I mean, Just like the black 25th anniversary YF-19, it's never gonna be released again in this color scheme.

Edited by Muzaffar

I like the battroid in this. not so much fighter. I should have got 2 altos to display in fighter and battroid to begin with but wasnt so gung ho for the 29. I kind of want another 29 now so if i was gonna spend $280 for another alto i might as well spend $300 on this.

Yesasia takes your order, THEN they try to secure stock. That just doesn't work with these new Bandai releases. There is ALWAYS a high probability that they'll cancel on you. Hence why they are also on the Blacklist. They also have items on their list that are near impossible to find like some of the old VF-1 ver 2's. As I found out the hard way, they just sit on your money and keep it hostage until they are absolutely sure they can't find a source. That can be up to one month. Screw that.

• 4 weeks later...

I like the design enough that I wouldn't mind having one, but unless BBTS ever fills my order, I'll be fine not getting either YF-29. The colors for both versions make me want to gag really.

I'd love to be able to get a YF-19 in standar gray camo patterns, but if I'm going to be painting it myself anyway, I'd rather just spend about $10 for the 1/100 kits, rather than $300+ for something that'll probably stay in fighter mode after painting anyway.