YF-29: 30 Anniversary Version "VF-1S Scheme"

ff95gj

Is Ami Ami a place holder as well, or did that sell out already?

Second question, is it just me, or does HLJ seem to have increased the price of their shipping,...by a lot.? If that's the case, I may not make them my first choice anymore.

Edited by Jasonc

Is Ami Ami a place holder as well, or did that sell out already?

Second question, is it just me, or does HLJ seem to have increased the price of their shipping,...by a lot.? If that's the case, I may not make them my first choice anymore.

Hard to say. I'm not digging their new site. It's less informative to me. They don't even show the different shipping options and costs on the page anymore for in stock items.

Hard to say. I'm not digging their new site. It's less informative to me. They don't even show the different shipping options and costs on the page anymore for in stock items.

Well there's your answer. With costs no longer visible to clients allows them to make it more expensive. I use to be a huge buyer from them, until started shipping a valk in a box made for 6.

Man so HLJ has this for order now but the order page says "Order Stop"?

For the longest time i was trying to find out if this was a Tamashii web exclusive and couldn't find that info and i had been checking HLJ to see if it was available.

So what does this mean? i.e. i have to keep checking back every day to see if they will open it up for pre-orders?

It's a placeholder, same as with the VF-25G. They'll have both up for preorder shortly before the release dates if they can confirm stock allocation numbers, or open regular orders once they have confirmed stock. The trick will be to be ready to pounce once they do open... no easy feat.

Edited by mechaninac

I pre-ordered but I actually think Id rather put my money towards the 17D with fast packs. No way Ill pull both in October.

I have one on pre-order it was not 300, but there was a mark up. Honestly with the way I keep missing the release dates on these Bandai valks, I feel like I am actually paying more of a premium for these than the Yamato's. Yeah the Yamato's may cost a lot, but you never pay more than the MSRP for them. I may cancel mine also just for the fact it's not a cannon scheme and by the time Luca is announced I will most likely have to over pay for it. I am really out to just get the main valks and call it quits with Bandai.

Edited by Loop

Honestly with the way I keep missing the release dates on these Bandai valks, I feel like I am actually paying more of a premium for these than the Yamato's.

Man, I wouldn't even call the window of availability for this valk a release "date"... it seemed like it held "in stock" status for a total of 1 to 2 hours before turning into a scalper driven collectible. lol

Man, I wouldn't even call the window of availability for this valk a release "date"... it seemed like it held "in stock" status for a total of 1 to 2 hours before turning into a scalper driven collectible. lol

Release "minute" maybe more appropriate.

Release "minute" maybe more appropriate.

That's what I mean though. I don't understand it to this day. I swear Bandai causes me to have anxiety but with the Yamato releases I feel relieved knowing that I will get one and for a deal better than MSRP or even if you miss the release there is also still a chance to get it at MSRP. With the VF-1's I got into the v2's slowly and then last minute I had to scramble to get all of the 2 seaters and I did, at sale prices even. I just want to stick to the cannon Bandai renewals and may drop this as I have a YF-29 in the cannon scheme. I guess talk to me in Oct and we shall see. (I am extremely addicted to Valkyries)

Can anyone confirm this theory or rumor for me? I heard some talk about the renewals being produced in semi decent numbers, but the allocation to the web shops that sell to global customers are not getting a good number of units, thus causing the "shortage". If this is the case Bandai would seem to be doing this on purpose to cause us filthy Gaijin pain. True or false?

Ultraman, I love your scoreboard LOL. I may do the same if you don't mind :)

Edited by Loop

Can anyone confirm this theory or rumor for me? I heard some talk about the renewals being produced in semi decent numbers, but the allocation to the web shops that sell to global customers are not getting a good number of units, thus causing the "shortage". If this is the case Bandai would seem to be doing this on purpose to cause us filthy Gaijin pain. True or false?

Ultraman, I love your scoreboard LOL. I may do the same if you don't mind :)

I think this pretty much confirms it.....

0qR4k.jpg

....as has been posted in other threads this is supposedly a retail store in Hong Kong. Well after amiami, hlj, hobby search, amazon japan, and everyone else was sold out. Two piles of Valks sitting underneath a discount Minnie Mouse toy.

The funny thing is I almost get the feeling at this point that Bandai is trying to punish the west for the failure of Bandai Entertainment (US) rather than acknowledging that it was their own failed business policies (such as making Bandai Ent out bid competitors to get Bandai titles!) that actually caused the closure. I get the feeling that they're out to 'punish' us for our wrong doing and our unwillingness to pay $60-80 for 40 minutes of anime like a good little Japanese consumer is willing to mindlessy do. Just a theory I admit, but does anything else make sense here aside from this being a Japanese company that is completely out of touch with reality and their insane expectations of consumers?

While this behavior is working out beautifully for scalpers eventually it will backfire when you have a company so out of touch with the manner in which customers should be treated.

Edited by Lupin The Third

That's actually from a retail shop in Japan, not HK.

Oh my mistake. I thought someone said HK in the other thread. Either way it's insulting as hell that Bandai thinks us evil gaijin shouldn't get their toys but it's ok for them to sit in a stack on the floor under cheap Disney plastic turds. And I like Disney (my wife collects the WDCC Classics and Armani Figures) but this is just insulting turditude.

I think this pretty much confirms it.....

....as has been posted in other threads this is supposedly a retail store in Hong Kong. Well after amiami, hlj, hobby search, amazon japan, and everyone else was sold out. Two piles of Valks sitting underneath a discount Minnie Mouse toy.

The funny thing is I almost get the feeling at this point that Bandai is trying to punish the west for the failure of Bandai Entertainment (US) rather than acknowledging that it was their own failed business policies (such as making Bandai Ent out bid competitors to get Bandai titles!) that actually caused the closure. I get the feeling that they're out to 'punish' us for our wrong doing and our unwillingness to pay $60-80 for 40 minutes of anime like a good little Japanese consumer is willing to mindlessy do. Just a theory I admit, but does anything else make sense here aside from this being a Japanese company that is completely out of touch with reality and their insane expectations of consumers?

While this behavior is working out beautifully for scalpers eventually it will backfire when you have a company so out of touch with the manner in which customers should be treated.

Man those are priced at normal pricing , if I am reading the tag right around $149.68